Why register with the Steelers Fever Forums?
 • Intelligent and friendly discussions.
 • It's free and it's quick. Always.
 • Enter events in the forums calendar.
 • Very user friendly software.
 • Exclusive contests and giveaways.

Donate to Steelers Fever, Click here
 Our 2014 Goal: $450.00 - To Date: $450.00 (100.00%)
 Home | Forums | Editorials | Shop | Tickets | Downloads | Contact Pittsburgh Steelers Forum Feed Not Just Fans. Hardcore Fans.

Go Back   Steelers Fever Forums > Steelers Football > Pittsburgh Steelers

Steelers Fever Fan Shop

Doc's Sports Get FREE NFL Picks and College Football picks as well as Football Lines like live NFL Lines and updated NFL Power Rankings all at Doc's Sports Service.

Steelers Fever Presents...

Steelers Panthers

GAMEDAY
Sunday, September 21, 8:30 PM
NBC

Old 11-23-2012, 01:07 AM   #11
tony hipchest
IRONMAN a.k.a. Tony Stark

Member Number: 658
Thanked 8,063 Times in 3,447 Posts
Default Re: Bruce Arians Is Thankful He Was Fired

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikegrimey View Post
Can't blame him for seeing the upside in his firing.
can definitely blame him for being a complete turd though.

he shoulda been thanking bill cowher for scraping his ass off the cleveland brown dung heap and dick lebeau and the steelers defense for carrying his dead weight for 5 years.

of ;course he feels more wanted than ever... the colts appointed him HC out of sheer desperation. when they went looking for a head coach they hired a coordinator who fielded a good unit, not a underachiever who had coordinated in 2 sb's and won 1.

he might as well have thanked chuck pagano for coming down with cancer so he could finally achieve his dream and "feel wanted",

i wish him all the luck in his new job, but he is one tacky SOB.

his weekly jabs at the steelers or their players are a perfect example of why he has NEVER been considered for a head coaching job in the NFL based on his own substandard merits.

whether ben admits it or not, arians lack of managerial skills probably shaved a year or 2 off of his career. it took bend idol elway the final 2 seasons of his career to finally win achampionship.
Old 11-23-2012, 06:25 AM   #12
mikegrimey
Assistant Coach

Member Number: 15679

I haven't heard any of these weekly jabs at the steelers or steelers players, what has he said?
mikegrimey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2012, 08:08 AM   #13
TRH
Living Legend

Member Number: 17206

this was one of those times when it was a good deal for both sides.
TRH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2012, 08:44 AM   #14
El-Gonzo Jackson
Living Legend

Member Number: 8264
Thanked 2,133 Times in 1,057 Posts

I am thankful that he "retired" from the Steelers.

I always knew that I would be a Steelers fan longer than he would be a Steelers OC. It was a war of attrition.
Old 11-23-2012, 08:52 AM   #15
steelfury02
Wing Kong Exchange - CEO
Supporter

Member Number: 6076
Thanked 3,946 Times in 1,910 Posts
My Mood: Fine

My impression of Arians is that he is someone that was carried during a group project, and when the group got an "A" upon completion of presentation, he took the same amount of credit as they did, maybe even more - even though he only contributed 1 lousy page and a shitty drawing that they tucked away in hopes of the teacher glancing over it.

Then, when it came time for another group project, the same group got talked in to taking on the shitty classmate again because it was someone's friend and they felt bad

AKA - you can't deny his schemes were slowly killing Ben and undermining red zone efficiency, but hey - the sheer talent in the group overcame his shortcomings. But, apologists say "well he did help them win a SB" when you damn well know it was in spite of him.

He consistently took jabs at the running backs group when asked about the run game, use of fullback, etc, etc, even though he set them up to fail. It isn't a shocker when even the o-linemen came out and publicly stated that he barely let the running backs practice - hence, the failure come game time. But you know, they would get more touches "when they show me they can succeed." The guy will take all the credit but no responsibility for anything he def needs to work on.

Before the injury, Ben was on his way to a career year - and it is no shocker. If you don't think Arians isn't noticing the differences since he has been gone, and what the team has been able to do in TOP, and red zone, and even 3 points more per game is a huge difference, especially when your winning the TOP battle, you need to look back at his tenure here, and some turning points in those seasons. I didn't see the context of the comments - but Bruce will be "thankful" to anyone that throws him a bone and back door them the second he isn't getting spoon fed anymore.

The guy was/is a hindrance to a great QB and an offense. Period.

Look into my eyes
SF Haters
steelfury02 is online now   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to steelfury02 For This Useful Post:
SteelMusic (11-23-2012)
Old 11-23-2012, 09:58 AM   #16
Millers the sh!t
Assistant Coach

Member Number: 22201
My Mood: Cheeky

Bruce thinks he's the man cause hes interim coaching a current wild card team. Wait till he plays a real team and blows them all. Hell be lucky to make the playoffs and if he does hell be one and done. He's enjoying his suck-sess of beating mediocre teams a little too much.

How did that patriots game turn out for BA?

Part of me hopes we catch him on the playoffs.....
Old 11-23-2012, 10:06 AM   #17
teegre
Living Legend
Supporter

Member Number: 24108
Thanked 20,550 Times in 8,573 Posts
My Mood: Dead

From the Bruce Arians press conference:

"First, I'd like to thank Pittsburgh for firing me; Mike is still better than Maurkice. Secondly, I'd like to thank Indianapolis for drafting Andrew Luck; without him, I'd only have my bubble-screens. Lastly, I'd like to thank leukemia; without that disease, I NEVER would have gotten to play head coach."
teegre is online now   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to teegre For This Useful Post:
steelfury02 (11-23-2012)
Old 11-23-2012, 10:22 AM   #18
steeltheone
Living Legend
Supporter

Member Number: 6351

Quote:
Originally Posted by Millers the sh!t View Post
Bruce thinks he's the man cause hes interim coaching a current wild card team. Wait till he plays a real team and blows them all. Hell be lucky to make the playoffs and if he does hell be one and done. He's enjoying his suck-sess of beating mediocre teams a little too much.

How did that patriots game turn out for BA?

Part of me hopes we catch him on the playoffs.....
What Indy has done is very impressive....The Steelers have plenty of cupcake wins too.
Old 11-23-2012, 10:35 AM   #19
harrison'samonster
Living Legend

Member Number: 17630
Thanked 8,924 Times in 3,693 Posts
My Mood: Mellow

Quote:
Originally Posted by teegre View Post
From the Bruce Arians press conference:

"First, I'd like to thank Pittsburgh for firing me; Mike is still better than Maurkice. Secondly, I'd like to thank Indianapolis for drafting Andrew Luck; without him, I'd only have my bubble-screens. Lastly, I'd like to thank leukemia; without that disease, I NEVER would have gotten to play head coach."
they should make a sitcom out of his character. him or Rex Ryan
have you ever wondered what your life would have been like if you became a hired goon right out of school? you would have had a chance to learn the ropes from other goons and rub shoulders with all kinds of seedy characters. oh the stories you would be able to tell.
harrison'samonster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2012, 10:40 AM   #20
steelfury02
Wing Kong Exchange - CEO
Supporter

Member Number: 6076
Thanked 3,946 Times in 1,910 Posts
My Mood: Fine

hey, we beat the Eagles when everyone thought they were going to turn the corner (and were 3-1 at that point I believe)

We beat the "re-re-surging" Bengals, and the champs on their turf. We beat RGIII and the now "re-surging" Redskins, We beat an underrated Kansas City defense who brought the Ravens to the brink. We also beat the Jets who put up a helluva a lot of points the week before we faced them - and everyone thought they were going to be a force

This team is just as good as the Colts with our backup. I understand where you are coming from - but a healthy Steelers team is head and shoulders over the Colts IMO. The team that beat the Giants (without Troy, DeCastro, Mendy) is a team that is capable of winning the SB, and on the road too. We need our ammo refilled, renewed, and restocked - if that happens - we beat anyone.

Look into my eyes
SF Haters
steelfury02 is online now   Reply With Quote