Why register with the Steelers Fever Forums?
 • Intelligent and friendly discussions.
 • It's free and it's quick. Always.
 • Enter events in the forums calendar.
 • Very user friendly software.
 • Exclusive contests and giveaways.

Donate to Steelers Fever, Click here
 Our 2014 Goal: $450.00 - To Date: $450.00 (100.00%)
 Home | Forums | Editorials | Shop | Tickets | Downloads | Contact Pittsburgh Steelers Forum Feed Not Just Fans. Hardcore Fans.

Go Back   Steelers Fever Forums > Steelers Football > Pittsburgh Steelers

Steelers Fever Fan Shop

Doc's Sports Get FREE NFL Picks and College Football picks as well as Football Lines like live NFL Lines and updated NFL Power Rankings all at Doc's Sports Service.

Steelers

Old 11-22-2012, 04:05 PM   #1
SteelersCanada
Living Legend
Supporter

Member Number: 24400
Thanked 10,953 Times in 4,548 Posts
Default Roethlisberger Playing Against the Ravens

Steelers notebook: Roethlisberger no longer using arm sling

Ben Roethlisberger is missing the sling he wore for a week to protect his still-healing upper chest/shoulder/rib injury.

He moved his right arm normally and didn’t appear to be in significant pain, as he looked to be last week. He did not talk with reporters Wednesday.

Coach Mike Tomlin expressed optimism Tuesday that his quarterback was healing quickly. There still isn’t a time frame for his recovery, partly because no other NFL player of recent vintage has had the injury.

• Receiver Antonio Brown, out for two games with a high ankle sprain, did some limited work, but there is no expectation he will play Sunday in Cleveland. Running back Isaac Redman was full go in practice after passing his post-concussion test; the day before, he said he was “a little woozy.” Safety Troy Polamalu still hasn’t practiced since Oct. 5. Receiver Jerricho Cotchery (ribs), quarterback Byron Leftwich (ribs), right tackle Marcus Gilbert (ankle) and defensive end Ziggy Hood (back) also were out.

• This will be running back Trent Richardson’s first Steelers-Browns game. But while the Cleveland rookie hasn’t seen one, he has heard all about the rivalry. “I know that this town hates the Steelers,” he said. “From what I hear, if you beat the Steelers, everything just sticks out about it. The whole season is forgotten. You could be a championship team if you beat the Steelers.” But it won’t be the biggest rivalry game he’s played in. He considers Alabama-Auburn to be bigger. “It’s huge,” the former Crimson Tide standout said. “Alabama-Auburn is too big.”

• Rookie right guard David DeCastro was on the practice field for the first time since Aug. 23, two days before he tore up his right knee. The Steelers have three weeks to put him on the 53-man roster, or he must remain on injured reserve. “I’m just trying to come out every day and get better, get healthier,” said DeCastro, who has “no idea” if he will play this season. He has been working out with a strength coach but said nothing can replicate being in practice.

• How about this pass combination: (nearly) 38-year-old Charlie Batch to 35-year-old Plaxico Burress? Both are at an advanced age, NFL-wise, but Batch said a player is old only if he feels old. “My body feels great but still had to prove you could do it; you’re still proving it to the players, and they still have to believe you can get the job done.” The only accommodation to his age, he said, is “you spend a lot of time in the ice tub. But I’m not the only one in this locker room who feels that way. We’ve got a lot of 30-year-olds (16 of them) on this team.”

• Burress is wearing No. 80, the same number he wore previously with the Steelers. He was No. 17 with the Jets, but that number is taken by Mike Wallace. “I went back to my old number so (fans) wouldn’t have to go out and buy jerseys,” Burress said. “A lot of my friends and family went through their closets and knocked the dust off and put it back on.”

http://triblive.com/sports/steelers/...#ixzz2CvYmZF61
SteelersCanada is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2012, 04:05 PM   #2
SteelersCanada
Living Legend
Supporter

Member Number: 24400
Thanked 10,953 Times in 4,548 Posts
Default Re: Roethlisberger Playing Against the Ravens

Quarterback Updates

Steelers quarterback Ben Roethlisberger is expected back for Week 13 against Baltimore...

[Steelers] Just-signed Brian Hoyer will back up Charlie Batch on Sunday for the Steelers as of now, sources said, though it is not out of the question that Roethlisberger dresses in an emergency role for the game against the Browns. Roethlisberger is making progress in his recovery from rib and shoulder injuries, sources said, and he is not in his sling as much as last week, and he remains week-to-week.

http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/blog/ja...ounty-hearings
SteelersCanada is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2012, 04:07 PM   #3
nj1923steelgirl
Draft Prospect

Member Number: 24521

Well if Ben could be back for the Ravens I would do cartwheels!
Old 11-22-2012, 04:35 PM   #4
ChristianKustomz
Starter

Member Number: 24383

That would be great but we also dot want him coming back if he's not completely healed. I would hate to see him get drilled by Suggs and die from a rib puncturing his aorta . I'd hate to see him die just to make fans happy. It's just a game. It would be great if he was all healed up and ready to play but I don't know.
ChristianKustomz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2012, 05:24 PM   #5
SoCalFan
Head Coach

Member Number: 14860

My fear is coming back too soon and re injuring his shoulder as Troy did his calf!
Old 11-22-2012, 06:06 PM   #6
desertsteel
Assistant Coach

Member Number: 915

I can live with 7-5 with a healthy Ben down the stretch rather than rushing him back for the ravens.
desertsteel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2012, 06:31 PM   #7
ChristianKustomz
Starter

Member Number: 24383

I agree. That rib injury is not anything to play around with. The game is not worth his life.
ChristianKustomz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2012, 07:58 PM   #8
btaylor179
Bench Warmer

Member Number: 15251

yea dont need to rush him back
btaylor179 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2012, 08:19 PM   #9
SoCalFan
Head Coach

Member Number: 14860

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChristianKustomz View Post
I agree. That rib injury is not anything to play around with. The game is not worth his life.
I think they have established its no longer life threatening. Doubt he would risk anything with a new born!
Old 11-22-2012, 09:27 PM   #10
Rotorhead
Head Coach
Supporter

Member Number: 703
My Mood: Relaxed

Im pretty sure the rib will be 100% healed before he can even get clearance to play, so no worries there. I would love nothing more than to humiliate Balty at their house. Then have them self destruct and give us the division.
Rotorhead is offline   Reply With Quote