Why register with the Steelers Fever Forums?
 • Intelligent and friendly discussions.
 • It's free and it's quick. Always.
 • Enter events in the forums calendar.
 • Very user friendly software.
 • Exclusive contests and giveaways.

Donate to Steelers Fever, Click here
 Our 2014 Goal: $450.00 - To Date: $450.00 (100.00%)
 Home | Forums | Editorials | Shop | Tickets | Downloads | Contact Pittsburgh Steelers Forum Feed Not Just Fans. Hardcore Fans.

Go Back   Steelers Fever Forums > Steelers Football > Pittsburgh Steelers

Steelers Fever Fan Shop

Doc's Sports Get FREE NFL Picks and College Football picks as well as Football Lines like live NFL Lines and updated NFL Power Rankings all at Doc's Sports Service.

Steelers

An important history lesson for you TRUE Steelers fans!

Old 11-22-2012, 11:05 PM   #11
Terminator
Head Coach

Member Number: 24492
Thanked 1,556 Times in 632 Posts
Default Re: Roethlisberger Playing Against the Ravens

Where does it say he's playing against the Ravens?

The title of this thread is "Roethlisberger Playing Against the Ravens".
Terminator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2012, 11:11 PM   #12
SteelersCanada
Living Legend
Supporter

Member Number: 24400
Thanked 11,748 Times in 4,798 Posts

In my second post ...

Steelers quarterback Ben Roethlisberger is expected back for Week 13 against Baltimore

It wasn't made clear in the first one, you had to read both. I was just giving an injury update on Ben, and then the rest of the Steelers in that article I linked. I figured it was relevant. When Jason LaCanfora reports something, it's usually dead on.
SteelersCanada is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2012, 11:17 PM   #13
GoFor7
Banned

Member Number: 24211

Don't compare this injury to the high-ankle sprain from last year. Re-aggravating a high-ankle sprain isn't life-threatening. A rib potentially puncturing the aorta does. Ben should not try to come back early just because Yinzer Nation will go nuts if he misses both Baltimore games.
GoFor7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2012, 12:50 AM   #14
Terminator
Head Coach

Member Number: 24492
Thanked 1,556 Times in 632 Posts

I don't believe he will be back for the Ravens game. Every doctor that ESPN, NFL.com, etc. has interviewed says they don't see this healing for 4-6 weeks.

The article in the post simply mentioned "sources". Not buying it. Even if Roethlisberger isn't in constant pain anymore, I doubt his throwing is 100%, not to mention the huge risk of re-injury.
Terminator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2012, 01:09 AM   #15
SteelersCanada
Living Legend
Supporter

Member Number: 24400
Thanked 11,748 Times in 4,798 Posts

"Every doctor ..." They said that before we knew what happened to him. We still don't have any idea the full extent of his injury - at all. We know that his rib was 'dislocated', but beyond that, we don't know. Ben didn't even know, and the fact that NFL, ESPN and FOX interviewed guys before we knew anything is ridiculous.

The fact he took his sling off is a good sign. That, combined with Tomlin's optimism about Ben's injury is encouraging that he could play against the Ravens. Obviously if he's in bad shape and there's still a risk of serious injury he shouldn't play, but let's all hope it's not as serious as we once thought.

LaCanfora isn't one of those guys that writes for a headline.
SteelersCanada is online now   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to SteelersCanada For This Useful Post:
austinfrench76 (11-23-2012)
Old 11-23-2012, 03:30 AM   #16
Rotorhead
Team President
Supporter

Member Number: 703
My Mood: Relaxed

If any of you think he will play if he isnt cleared by real doctors who a familiar with his injury are morons. If he is CLEARED to play then the threat is gone. I dont understand why some of you dont get that.
Rotorhead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2012, 10:05 AM   #17
steelfury02
Wing Kong Exchange - CEO
Supporter

Member Number: 6076
Thanked 5,023 Times in 2,383 Posts
My Mood: Fine

with the string of injuries we've had over the past 2 seasons, I won't be getting my hopes up at all for a return anytime soon. If we can get him back for the last 4 games, great - if not, hope we can manage to squeek in anyways and have him ready for one tough road. It looks like the road will have to go through NE, Houston, Baltimore - that is brutal as fudge.
steelfury02 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2012, 04:59 PM   #18
austinfrench76
Head Coach

Member Number: 3516

Honestly, even if he's cleared - let the Brown's game decide. Meaning, if we win and I think we will, maybe he doesn't play until San Diego. I KNOW beating Baltimore is important but we just need in the playoffs. Not neccessarily a 1 or 2 seed. Just a thought. If we somehow lose to the Clowns AND he is clear to play, he needs to play against Baltimore.
austinfrench76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2012, 10:53 PM   #19
BlaZeQuietly
Banned
Supporter

Member Number: 18219

I'm not a doctor, but I know quite a bit about medical issues, and I've had dislocations before(dislocated my elbow playing football). It is very painful but it was explained to me that the tissue that would be torn when the dislocation occurred would take 2-3 weeks to heal, and at that point I was supposed to be able to go back to work. I will tell it i took me about 2 months to feel normal again, and it was very painful for a couple weeks. A dislocation isn't a break though, its not like his bones have to heal, just the ligaments/tends or whatever soft tissue holds a rib in place, like I said I'm no doctor but I don't see why he couldn't return against baltimore . Everyone heals differently, my guess is he will be cleared, and he'll say he feels fine whether he does or not , and we will have them to beat baltimore. Heres an interesting thought. San Diego beat the ravens last year and usually does well against them, if san diego beats baltimore, and we beat the browns, the ravens match up , we would be 7-4 they would be 8-3, if we won we'd both be 8-4 and have 1 divison loss and be tied in head to head, could be interesting if the ravens slip up, I already placed a bet on the chargers, lol.
BlaZeQuietly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2012, 02:16 AM   #20
TheVet
Assistant Coach

Space Invaders Champion! Snake Champion! Simon Champion! Speartoss 5 Shots Champion!
Member Number: 24040

I'm not a doctor, but I'd be shocked if he was back for the Ravens game. Too soon.
TheVet is offline   Reply With Quote