Why register with the Steelers Fever Forums?
 • Intelligent and friendly discussions.
 • It's free and it's quick. Always.
 • Enter events in the forums calendar.
 • Very user friendly software.
 • Exclusive contests and giveaways.

Donate to Steelers Fever, Click here
 Our 2013 Goal: $400.00 - To Date: $00.00 (00.00%)
 Home | Forums | Editorials | Shop | Tickets | Downloads | Contact Pittsburgh Steelers Forum Feed Not Just Fans. Hardcore Fans.

Go Back   Steelers Fever Forums > Steelers Football > Pittsburgh Steelers

Steelers Fever Fan Shop

Doc's Sports Get FREE NFL Picks and College Football picks as well as Football Lines like live NFL Lines and updated NFL Power Rankings all at Doc's Sports Service.

Steelers Steelers - Bills Bills
August 16th, 2014, 7:30pmET

CBS

Old 11-24-2012, 01:22 AM   #21
MACH1
Quest For Seven
Supporter

Member Number: 3236
Thanked 4,656 Times in 1,752 Posts
Default Re: Roethlisberger Playing Against the Ravens

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlaZeQuietly View Post
I'm not a doctor, but I know quite a bit about medical issues, and I've had dislocations before(dislocated my elbow playing football). It is very painful but it was explained to me that the tissue that would be torn when the dislocation occurred would take 2-3 weeks to heal, and at that point I was supposed to be able to go back to work. I will tell it i took me about 2 months to feel normal again, and it was very painful for a couple weeks. A dislocation isn't a break though, its not like his bones have to heal, just the ligaments/tends or whatever soft tissue holds a rib in place, like I said I'm no doctor but I don't see why he couldn't return against baltimore . Everyone heals differently, my guess is he will be cleared, and he'll say he feels fine whether he does or not , and we will have them to beat baltimore. Heres an interesting thought. San Diego beat the ravens last year and usually does well against them, if san diego beats baltimore, and we beat the browns, the ravens match up , we would be 7-4 they would be 8-3, if we won we'd both be 8-4 and have 1 divison loss and be tied in head to head, could be interesting if the ravens slip up, I already placed a bet on the chargers, lol.
Must have stayed at the Holiday Inn Express.

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
MACH1 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to MACH1 For This Useful Post:
JeromeBetties63 (11-24-2012)
Old 11-24-2012, 11:36 AM   #22
Fire Haley
Banned

Member Number: 763
Thanked 1,098 Times in 768 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Terminator View Post

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Where does it say he's playing against the Ravens?

The article in the post simply mentioned "sources". Not buying it.
Pure attention whoring at it's finest - totally fake headline backed up by totally bullshit "source".
Fire Haley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2012, 11:56 AM   #23
SteelersCanada
Living Legend
Supporter

Member Number: 24400
Thanked 9,324 Times in 3,994 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Killer View Post
Pure attention whoring at it's finest - totally fake headline backed up by totally bullshit "source".
You're right - I'm attention whoring by providing links to where I got my information from. Man, how did I get to be such an attention *****.

Again - LaCanfora isn't someone who writes for headlines.

edit - not only has this story been mentioned on NFL Network, Fox, NBC and CBS, but it's all over their website(s). But you're right, we all have a giant conspiracy to gain attention so we can be called out on the Steelers' forum. I was merely passing the message along which is gaining traction among the mainstream media because, afterall, this is a Steelers' message board and this is kind of important news.
SteelersCanada is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2012, 02:05 PM   #24
LVSteelersfan
Living Legend

Member Number: 6620
My Mood: Cheerful

I will not get my hopes up that he will be back for the Ratbirds. If he does play then I will be happy. Unless he gets hurt again. They better keep a TE in to block Suggs or a second RB so that the thug doesn't get to him on every passing play like last year. It just sucks that the Ratbirds have been playing like crap all year but have squeezed through with some wins they shouldn't have gotten and have the record they do. Last week was a joke. We would have blown that team out of the water with our starters in there.

COACH - Breakfast of Champions !!!
LVSteelersfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2012, 02:36 PM   #25
El-Gonzo Jackson
Living Legend

Member Number: 8264
Thanked 1,759 Times in 877 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlaZeQuietly View Post
I'm not a doctor, but I know quite a bit about medical issues, and I've had dislocations before(dislocated my elbow playing football). It is very painful but it was explained to me that the tissue that would be torn when the dislocation occurred would take 2-3 weeks to heal, and at that point I was supposed to be able to go back to work. I will tell it i took me about 2 months to feel normal again, and it was very painful for a couple weeks. A dislocation isn't a break though, its not like his bones have to heal, just the ligaments/tends or whatever soft tissue holds a rib in place, like I said I'm no doctor but I don't see why he couldn't return against baltimore . Everyone heals differently, my guess is he will be cleared, and he'll say he feels fine whether he does or not , and we will have them to beat baltimore. Heres an interesting thought. San Diego beat the ravens last year and usually does well against them, if san diego beats baltimore, and we beat the browns, the ravens match up , we would be 7-4 they would be 8-3, if we won we'd both be 8-4 and have 1 divison loss and be tied in head to head, could be interesting if the ravens slip up, I already placed a bet on the chargers, lol.
If the first rib and clavicle compress the subclavian vein, a few things coudl happen"

1. It causes a blood clot in the axillo-subclavian vein that can break off and cause a pulmonary embolism and death.

2.. it can compress the associated nerves and result in "Thoracic Outlet Syndrome", where the nerves are damaged and the person cannot raise their arm above their head without losing sensation and feeling.

And...........there are all the other issues if the joint is even more unstable with respect to arteries being damaged, perforated and subsequent death.

If he took the sling off, it looks like the joint has stabilized somewhat. We still dont know the exact situation, but like I said, there are still potential risks and none of us can really compare this to our own situation unless we have had the same injury and running away from 300lb men is our job.

And no, I didnt stay at a holiday inn last night, but I do work in a medical related field.
Old 11-24-2012, 04:09 PM   #26
The_Joker
Team President

Member Number: 24540
Thanked 1,028 Times in 562 Posts
My Mood: Devilish

Quote:
Originally Posted by nj1923steelgirl View Post
Well if Ben could be back for the Ravens I would do cartwheels!
This pretty much.
The_Joker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2012, 04:12 PM   #27
Fire Haley
Banned

Member Number: 763
Thanked 1,098 Times in 768 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by SteelersCanada View Post
You're right - I'm attention whoring by providing links to where I got my information from..

Your thread title is still nothing but just another rumor - you say it like it's a fact.

I guess you can' tell fact from rumor - I bet you believe every word Florio says too.
Fire Haley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2012, 05:20 PM   #28
SteelersCanada
Living Legend
Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Killer View Post
Your thread title is still nothing but just another rumor - you say it like it's a fact.

I guess you can' tell fact from rumor - I bet you believe every word Florio says too.
And if he does play, will you eat your words?

edit - in fact, ya know what, fuck it. Even if he does play, it's still a giant conspiracy to gain popularity on a Steelers' site. One more time here, really clear, I was passing along a message from a reliable source who is usually right about these things and has no reason to lie. Instead, you saw what you wanted to see. It's ok man, just relax. I was passing along information - stop trying to read between the lines.
Old 11-24-2012, 06:10 PM   #29
El-Gonzo Jackson
Living Legend

Member Number: 8264
Thanked 1,759 Times in 877 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by SteelersCanada View Post
Even if he does play, it's still a giant conspiracy to gain popularity on a Steelers' site. .
Relax there fella, I dont know the whole history of you 2 guys beef, but this post is starting to sound like you ARD trying to gain popularity on a site and are defensive about it.

"I'm not being defensive, youre being defensive." (somebody find me that SCTV bit please )
Old 11-24-2012, 06:26 PM   #30
SteelersCanada
Living Legend
Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by El-Gonzo Jackson View Post
Relax there fella, I dont know the whole history of you 2 guys beef, but this post is starting to sound like you ARD trying to gain popularity on a site and are defensive about it.

"I'm not being defensive, youre being defensive." (somebody find me that SCTV bit please )
I just thought it was funny that he accused me of being an attention ***** by providing a news story and backing it up with a reliable source. I still don't understand, but hey, maybe I'm not supposed to.

edit - anyway, hatchet is buried. This got off topic really quickly, but I hope he's in good enough shape to play against the Ravens. We saw what this offense was without him and we need him to be under center to have a realistic chance at taking the North away from the Ravens.