Why register with the Steelers Fever Forums?
 • Intelligent and friendly discussions.
 • It's free and it's quick. Always.
 • Enter events in the forums calendar.
 • Very user friendly software.
 • Exclusive contests and giveaways.

Donate to Steelers Fever, Click here
 Our 2014 Goal: $450.00 - To Date: $450.00 (100.00%)
 Home | Forums | Editorials | Shop | Tickets | Downloads | Contact Pittsburgh Steelers Forum Feed Not Just Fans. Hardcore Fans.

Go Back   Steelers Fever Forums > Steelers Football > Pittsburgh Steelers

Steelers Fever Fan Shop

Doc's Sports Get FREE NFL Picks and College Football picks as well as Football Lines like live NFL Lines and updated NFL Power Rankings all at Doc's Sports Service.

Steelers

Old 11-24-2012, 08:20 PM   #31
tanda10506
Team President

Member Number: 17319
Default Re: Roethlisberger Playing Against the Ravens

I'd love to have Ben back IF it's not a risk to his life. I'm always for him playing injured, seems like he plays better that way sometimes, but it's never worth dying for. IF he's not at risk of losing his life, and says he's ready to play, give him a shot. Remember that when we injure ourselves and go to our Dr. or take care of it ourselves it's a big difference. Ben's going to get special treatment and a "special prescription" that will help heal muscles. If Ben is struggling he can play up the injury a bit and just have them take him back to the locker room, just have Batch get a lot of practice with the 1st team the week before too. Either way I'm confident, last years defense was "smoke and mirrors" as mentioned in another thread. No real argument to that after getting Tebowed and blown out week 1. But this years defense is the real deal, maybe better then 2010, and is only getting better. Renegade getting played at Heinz Field is starting to scare people again....we got them right where we want 'em, as soon as Ben is back we'll be making a playoff run. I don't care if it's 3 on the road again, if we can win in NYG's house we can win anywhere.
Old 11-24-2012, 08:46 PM   #32
Hawaii 5-0
Armchair GM
Supporter

Member Number: 24013
Thanked 14,522 Times in 5,959 Posts
My Mood: Happy

Quote:
Originally Posted by El-Gonzo Jackson View Post

"I'm not being defensive, youre being defensive." (somebody find me that SCTV bit please )

Im not being defensive. Youre the one whos being defensive. Why is it always the other person whos being defensive?

http://boingboing.net/2012/04/10/bef...-was-nath.html
Old 11-24-2012, 09:26 PM   #33
El-Gonzo Jackson
Living Legend

Member Number: 8264
Thanked 3,453 Times in 1,632 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hawaii 5-0 View Post
Im not being defensive. Youre the one whos being defensive. Why is it always the other person whos being defensive?

http://boingboing.net/2012/04/10/bef...-was-nath.html
Hawaii....you are the man!! Nathan Thurm esq. Thanks,
Old 11-25-2012, 01:18 AM   #34
Chris Fuamatu-Ma'afala
Draft Prospect

Member Number: 24488

Browns are not our rivals no matter how much their fans want to think that, you have to be a good team to be our rival
Chris Fuamatu-Ma'afala is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2012, 01:21 AM   #35
El-Gonzo Jackson
Living Legend

Member Number: 8264
Thanked 3,453 Times in 1,632 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris Fuamatu-Ma'afala View Post
Browns are not our rivals no matter how much their fans want to think that, you have to be a good team to be our rival
Dont sell them short. I am actually very concerned about them. Alex Mack and Joe Thomas up front, with Phil Taylor and Dquell Jackson on the defense. They have a core of guys that can allow Richardson, Weeden, etc to make plays.

This is a classic trap game with us playing our #3 QB against a division rival. Its not like we scheduled McNeese state for homecoming.
Old 11-25-2012, 01:54 AM   #36
Hawaii 5-0
Armchair GM
Supporter

Member Number: 24013
Thanked 14,522 Times in 5,959 Posts
My Mood: Happy

Ben Roethlisberger is out of a sling, teasing chances of play in Week 13

By Neal Coolong on Nov 23,

The Steelers' quarterback and newest father was reportedly out of a sling Thursday, creating a buzz over whether he'll suit up in Week 13 against Baltimore

Steelers quarterback Ben Roethlisberger was reportedly not in his shoulder sling Wednesday, and Steel City Insider publisher Jim Wexell noted he pulled his shirt up over his arms and neck with ease.

Obviously, pulling a shirt off and on does little to show his ability to throw a football, but it does paint a slightly more optimistic picture than the one painted since Roethlisberger suffered an SC joint sprain during the Steelers' Week 10 game against Kansas City.

After all the hoopla surrounding the birth of his son possibly causing Roethlisberger to miss a game, he may end up not traveling with the team to Cleveland to take on the Browns in Week 12, but the possibility of him turning around and making the start against the Ravens in Baltimore in Week 13 is beginning to rise slightly toward the surface.

Much of this will depend on how the Steelers' offense is able to perform this weekend against a defense that, heading into Week 11, at least, was statistically stronger than that of the Ravens. With the Steelers putting back-ups in critical positions (quarterback, wide receiver), the Ravens were able to hold them to a less-than-average performance by the Steelers standards. They also injured both Byron Leftwich and WR Jerricho Cotchery in the process, meaning the Steelers offense on the field Sunday will have several players out of action.

Perhaps it's a step back aimed at giving them the chance to take two steps forward the following week.

Steelers defensive coordinator Dick LeBeau ran his record in Pittsburgh facing rookie quarterbacks to 15-1 after thrashing Washington's Robert Griffin III in Week 8. He'll face Cleveland's rookie QB Brandon Weeden for the first of two games this season, and his defense is playing as well as it has in the last few years.

Cleveland's offense is as one-dimensional as offenses come, and LeBeau's D tees off on one-dimensional offenses. With Roethlisberger's condition improving, and the Steelers' defense having a favorable match-up this weekend, scoring a big road win in what will likely be a low-scoring affair (three of the last four games these teams played in Cleveland have combined 57 total scored points) could mean one final shot at a run at the division title by being closer to 100 percent on offense heading into Baltimore in Week 13.

Cleveland's played the Steelers tough three of the last four times they've met at Cleveland Browns Stadium, so there's certainly no more reason to look past this game than there was against Kansas City. Win or lose, though, the Steelers still have a Week 13 game, just as they have a Week 12 game, but only one of those has a chance of their starting quarterback returning to the field.

http://www.behindthesteelcurtain.com...ntasy-football
Old 11-25-2012, 11:34 AM   #37
StainlessStill
Living Legend
Supporter

Member Number: 12999
Thanked 2,127 Times in 855 Posts

Doctors are saying the risk of further injury to his ribs no longer exists. If he can tolerate the pain next week in practice, Ben should be a go!

Troy's practicing. Brown's about healthy. Ben should be back. And Ratbird land just poopied in their pants! Take care of Cleveland and lets go! HERE WE GO CHUCK!
Old 11-25-2012, 11:43 AM   #38
Fire Haley
Banned

Member Number: 763
Thanked 1,098 Times in 768 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by StainlessStill View Post
Doctors are saying the risk of further injury to his ribs no longer exists. If he can tolerate the pain next week in practice, Ben should be a go!!
more speculation - I'll believe it when I see him throwing the ball and practicing

take the needle Ben
Fire Haley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2012, 11:45 AM   #39
StainlessStill
Living Legend
Supporter

Member Number: 12999
Thanked 2,127 Times in 855 Posts

Next week's practice will determine but he's on pace. He's throwing a ball here and there to get his range of motion down to see where the pain subsides so he's back with arm movement. We'll see.
Old 11-26-2012, 12:28 PM   #40
steelfury02
Wing Kong Exchange - CEO
Supporter

Member Number: 6076
Thanked 4,908 Times in 2,318 Posts
My Mood: Fine

he needs to stay on the sideline, not rushing back for the hardest game of the season

I'VE GOT SOME YOUTHFUL ADJUSTMENTS FOR 'DAT AZZ
steelfury02 is online now   Reply With Quote