Why register with the Steelers Fever Forums?
 • Intelligent and friendly discussions.
 • It's free and it's quick. Always.
 • Enter events in the forums calendar.
 • Very user friendly software.
 • Exclusive contests and giveaways.

Donate to Steelers Fever, Click here
 Our 2014 Goal: $450.00 - To Date: $450.00 (100.00%)
 Home | Forums | Editorials | Shop | Tickets | Downloads | Contact Pittsburgh Steelers Forum Feed Not Just Fans. Hardcore Fans.

Go Back   Steelers Fever Forums > Miscellaneous > Locker Room

Steelers Fever Fan Shop

Doc's Sports Get FREE NFL Picks and College Football picks as well as Football Lines like live NFL Lines and updated NFL Power Rankings all at Doc's Sports Service.

Steelers

Old 04-12-2013, 12:54 PM   #1
BrandonCarr39
Team Captain

Member Number: 7458
Default "Pastor" Rick Warren Blames "Illegal" Gun Bought by Son on Internet for Suicide

http://gma.yahoo.com/blogs/abc-blogs...-politics.html
4/12/13
Rick Warren Says Late Son Got Illegal Gun on Internet

Pastor Rick Warren said Thursday that his son, Matthew, purchased an unregistered gun over the Internet. It was that weapon that he used to take his own life last week after years of battling mental illness.

"Someone on the internet sold Matthew an unregistered gun. I pray he seeks God's forgiveness. I forgive him. #MATTHEW 6:15," Warren tweeted Thursday.

The Orange County Sheriff's Department told the Associated Press it is trying to identify the seller, but the gun's serial number was unreadable, making it difficult to trace the firearm.

"We can't tell if it's registered or not because the serial number is scratched off," Jim Amormino, spokesman for the Orange County Sheriff's Department, told the AP. "At one point in time, it may have been [registered], but it's going to be impossible to find out."

California requires background checks on all gun purchases, and it is a federal offense to deface a firearm's serial number.

An autopsy revealed Matthew Warren died of a self-inflicted gunshot wound last Friday. On Saturday, the Warren family sent a message about their son's death to the Saddleback Church community, where Rick Warren has been pastor for over 30 years.

"Our youngest son, Matthew, age 27, and a lifelong member of Saddleback, died today," Rick Warren wrote. "Only those closest knew that he struggled from birth with mental illness, dark holes of depression, and even suicidal thoughts. In spite of America's best doctors, meds, counselors, and prayers for healing, the torture of mental illness never subsided. Today, after a fun evening together with Kay and me, in a momentary wave of despair at his home, he took his life."
Old 04-12-2013, 01:39 PM   #2
harrison'samonster
Living Legend

Member Number: 17630
Thanked 11,233 Times in 4,482 Posts
My Mood: Tired
Default Re: "Pastor" Rick Warren Blames "Illegal" Gun Bought by Son on Internet for Suicide

really sad news. my prayers go out to the family
Old 04-12-2013, 01:53 PM   #3
BrandonCarr39
Team Captain

Default Re: "Pastor" Rick Warren Blames "Illegal" Gun Bought by Son on Internet for Suicide

Quote:
Originally Posted by harrison'samonster View Post
really sad news. my prayers go out to the family
Yes, but he's turning this into a political issue now.(ie-look at what's going on on Capitol Hill presently) If not were for the gun, his son would have found something else(ie-perhaps some rope).
Old 04-12-2013, 01:57 PM   #4
harrison'samonster
Living Legend

his son has died, as far as I'm concerned he can turn it into a political issue. I'm sure it's part of the grieving process. And anybody who says he's just trying to use this to further his own ambitions is going to have to back that up unless they want to be a total jackass.
Old 04-12-2013, 02:01 PM   #5
Vis
In Hoc
Supporter

Member Number: 5117
Thanked 6,250 Times in 2,963 Posts
My Mood: Sick

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrandonCarr39 View Post
Today, after a fun evening together with Kay and me, in a momentary wave of despair at his home, he took his life."
Something doesn't line up. Maybe it wasn't a fun evening or maybe his meds were way off.

There isn't a political issue involving the gun. The gun in question was illegally sold and purchased. Politics did it's part, enforcement is next.

All generalizations are dangerous.
Vis is online now   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Vis For This Useful Post:
harrison'samonster (04-12-2013)
Old 04-12-2013, 02:28 PM   #6
BrandonCarr39
Team Captain

The Warren family came out 24 hours after his death(Saturday) saying their son Matthew committed suicide. However, the coroner didn't rule it a suicide until Monday. So why was Warren so quick to come out saying so?

There are other things that don't line up.

http://www.washingtonpost.com/nation...8f1_story.html
4/6/13
Southern Calif. church says son of Pastor Rick Warren commits suicide
Quote:
Warren, the author of the multimillion-selling book “The Purpose Driven Life,” said in an email to church staff that he and his wife had enjoyed a fun Friday evening with their son before Matthew Warren returned home to take his life in “a momentary wave of despair.”

http://www.foxnews.com/us/2013/04/08...elf-inflicted/
4/8/13
Autopsy says Calif. pastor Rick Warren's son died of self-inflicted gunshot wound
Quote:
Sheriff's spokesman Jim Amormino said Monday that 27-year-old Matthew Warren died at about 10 a.m. on Friday.

http://www.latimes.com/local/lanow/l...0,829040.story
Rick Warren son 'probably not' owner of gun in suicide, cops say
4/12/13

Police do not know where Pastor Rick Warren’s son got the gun he used to commit suicide, an Orange County Sheriff’s Department official said Wednesday.

Matthew Warren, 27, was "probably not" the owner of the weapon he used to shoot himself about 10 a.m. Friday in his Mission Viejo home, department spokesman Jim Amormino said.

Investigators are trying to determine how he got it. A source close to the investigation said Warren used a shotgun. The Sheriff’s Department declined to comment.

The death at the younger Warren's home on Pradera Drive was reported to authorities about 5:25 p.m. Friday, Supervising Deputy Coroner Dan Aikin said.

more

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------

So one report says his son died Friday night(after they got back from an outing), another report says 10am on Friday, while another report says they found him dead sometime after 5pm? Which is it?

California has one of the strictest, if not the strictest gun control laws in the nation, so where and how did he get the gun if he got it illegally(and authorities still don't know)?

Why was a self-professing Christian pastor giving his son to psychiatrists and medications for many years, instead of showing him the good news of the gospel of Jesus Christ?

Rom 10:9 That if thou shalt confess with thy mouth the Lord Jesus, and shalt believe in thine heart that God hath raised him from the dead, thou shalt be saved.
Rom 10:10 For with the heart man believeth unto righteousness; and with the mouth confession is made unto salvation.
Rom 10:11 For the scripture saith, Whosoever believeth on him shall not be ashamed.

Depression Screening, A Cruel Fraud; Exposing National Depression Screening Day
October 13, 2006
Why is Depression Screening a fraud?
http://www.articlecity.com/articles/...cle_5672.shtml

Quote:
People who are opposed to mental health screening are outraged because the survey used in screening has been written by psychiatrists with financial ties to drug companies, thus creating a booming psychiatry-pharmaceutical industry. Signs of Suicide, a similar program to TeenScreen has been developed and promoted by a corporation called Screening for Mental Health (SMH), Inc. On this site http://www.signsofsuicide.org/ is evidence that pharmaceutical companies have given MILLIONS in grants to the SMH in order to forward the program testing of adults and children for suicide risks, depression, eating disorders, alcoholism in schools, colleges, and the workplace, and the military.

Pharmaceutical companies want to support screening programs because they stand to make Billions on the sale of drugs to the people who will be screened. Eli Lilly alone poured in $2,157,925.00 (amongst others) into Screening for Mental Health Inc. from 2001 to 2004.
Old 04-12-2013, 02:31 PM   #7
harrison'samonster
Living Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrandonCarr39 View Post

Why was a self-professing Christian pastor giving his son to psychiatrists and medications for many years, instead of showing him the good news of the gospel of Jesus Christ?

seriously?
The Following User Says Thank You to harrison'samonster For This Useful Post:
The_Joker (04-12-2013)
Old 04-12-2013, 03:38 PM   #8
Vis
In Hoc
Supporter

My first suspicion is that Matthew came out to his parents and they tried to "cure" him instead of supporting him. Was there a note? Was the note destroyed before the cops were called?

Old 04-12-2013, 04:23 PM   #9
Vis
In Hoc
Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by harrison'samonster View Post
seriously?
I think he's serious. Look:

http://educate-yourself.org/cn/drsco...e30sep09.shtml

The Following User Says Thank You to Vis For This Useful Post:
harrison'samonster (04-12-2013)
Old 04-12-2013, 05:22 PM   #10
Vis
In Hoc
Supporter

charlatan or psycho?