Why register with the Steelers Fever Forums?
 • Intelligent and friendly discussions.
 • It's free and it's quick. Always.
 • Enter events in the forums calendar.
 • Very user friendly software.
 • Exclusive contests and giveaways.

Donate to Steelers Fever, Click here
 Our 2013 Goal: $400.00 - To Date: $00.00 (00.00%)
 Home | Forums | Editorials | Shop | Tickets | Downloads | Contact Pittsburgh Steelers Forum Feed Not Just Fans. Hardcore Fans.

Go Back   Steelers Fever Forums > Steelers Football > Pittsburgh Steelers

Steelers Fever Fan Shop

Doc's Sports Get FREE NFL Picks and College Football picks as well as Football Lines like live NFL Lines and updated NFL Power Rankings all at Doc's Sports Service.

Steelers Steelers - Giants Giants
August 9th, 2014, 7:30pmET

CBS

Old 11-25-2012, 05:27 PM   #101
jiminpa
Starter

Member Number: 20511
Default Re: Official Browns post game, Steelers suck, vent in this thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by teegre View Post
1. Amidst the doom & gloom, I see a silver lining: The Steelers were still in this game, despite giving up 7 turnovers. That is amazing!!!

2. I posted this elsewhere, but I am reposting it here... because, ti bears repeating.

Call me a delusion optimist, but I have been harping on one thing for the past few weeks:
make the play-offs; get back four playmakers; win the SuperBowl.

The Bolts are a joke. Yes, they are beating the Ravens, but they always beat the Ravens. Rivers is a turnover machine. And, the Steelers play them. Likewise, the Steelers play the Bengals. Win both of those games, and ONE more, and the Steelers make the play-offs.

Actually, I am not convinced that the Steelers won't win all of their remaining games. They can beat the Ravens and the Cowboys. But, again, even if the Steelers only beat the Bolts, Bengals, and Browns, the Steelers will still make the play-offs.

THEN, they get back BB (and AB, DD, and Troy).

Getting back BB is enough to win a SuperBowl. He makes such a world of difference. And, with the defense playing out of its mind, BB would only need 17-21 points per game... which is what the offense was averaging, when he was playing (23 points).

Add AB... and possibly DD... and Troy... and, no one will want to play the Steelers. No one.

I have said it, and said it, and said it... and I am sticking to it:
Yep. I just don't think we can do it if we have to count on Batch or Leftwich. We need a viable backup QB. He doesn't have to be a Manning, Brees, or Roethlisberger, but someone who won't cost the game would be a step up. The guys we have right now are liabilities, granted Charlie got no help, but he was bad. He never had a strong arm in the first place, and he is aging.
jiminpa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2012, 05:27 PM   #102
Kanata-Steeler
Team President

Member Number: 15552

Quote:
Originally Posted by cubanstogie View Post
not sure either, it was telling when Mendy fumbled second time he was already walking off the field. The message was already there. Not much more Tomlin could do , he tried every RB they had.
Or, look at the 49'ers coach. I don't think he sends cute little "messages". The message has to be driven home, and really hard, sometimes. And Tomlin might as well start too.
Kanata-Steeler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2012, 05:33 PM   #103
zcoop
Assistant Coach
Supporter

Member Number: 20513

Quote:
Originally Posted by teegre View Post
1. Amidst the doom & gloom, I see a silver lining: The Steelers were still in this game, despite giving up 7 turnovers. That is amazing!!!

2. I posted this elsewhere, but I am reposting it here... because, ti bears repeating.

Call me a delusion optimist, but I have been harping on one thing for the past few weeks:

The Bolts are a joke. Yes, they are beating the Ravens, but they always beat the Ravens. Rivers is a turnover machine. And, the Steelers play them. Likewise, the Steelers play the Bengals. Win both of those games, and ONE more, and the Steelers make the play-offs.

Actually, I am not convinced that the Steelers won't win all of their remaining games. They can beat the Ravens and the Cowboys. But, again, even if the Steelers only beat the Bolts, Bengals, and Browns, the Steelers will still make the play-offs.

THEN, they get back BB (and AB, DD, and Troy).

Getting back BB is enough to win a SuperBowl. He makes such a world of difference. And, with the defense playing out of its mind, BB would only need 17-21 points per game... which is what the offense was averaging, when he was playing (23 points).

Add AB... and possibly DD... and Troy... and, no one will want to play the Steelers. No one.

I have said it, and said it, and said it... and I am sticking to it:
Step away from the pipe playa, we played the Brownies today. They are horrible.
zcoop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2012, 05:33 PM   #104
cubanstogie
Head Coach

Member Number: 3082

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kanata-Steeler View Post
Or, look at the 49'ers coach. I don't think he sends cute little "messages". The message has to be driven home, and really hard, sometimes. And Tomlin might as well start too.
you could be right, I don't claim to know what goes on behind scene. I would say Mendy shouldn't play next week and message will be sent ,but all the RB's fumbled so that theory won't work.
cubanstogie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2012, 05:36 PM   #105
Darkstorm05
Team Captain

Member Number: 19897

Quote:
you could be right, I don't claim to know what goes on behind scene. I would say Mendy shouldn't play next week and message will be sent ,but all the RB's fumbled so that theory won't work.
I think it's obvious Tomlin is cracking down, though. Did nobody else watch Stevenson when he got that horrible flag? Tomlin was all over him when he hit the sidelines.
Darkstorm05 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2012, 05:39 PM   #106
cubanstogie
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darkstorm05 View Post
I think it's obvious Tomlin is cracking down, though. Did nobody else watch Stevenson when he got that horrible flag? Tomlin was all over him when he hit the sidelines.
I do hope someone gets in Dwyers face and says its not Steelers football to take a 3 yard loss when a DB gets penetration. Fight your way back to line of scrimmage for christ sakes.If that continues and conditioning not better no more playing time.
Old 11-25-2012, 05:41 PM   #107
cubanstogie
Head Coach

anyone think Baron Batch will get promoted from practice squad next week?
Old 11-25-2012, 05:48 PM   #108
Darkstorm05
Team Captain

Member Number: 19897

Quote:
anyone think Baron Batch will get promoted from practice squad next week?
That's a hard call. In his earlier appearances his vision was horrible. IMO, the biggest gap we have when using Dwyer and Redman is that they're too slow to run around the outside edges. Dwyer looked to be plodding and winded just trying to get out there today. When Mendy goes, that means we can't run to the outside anymore. Rainey is too fragile, so Batch is our last option there. I'm sure though that the Dwyer fan club will be along this week to talk him up some more.
Darkstorm05 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2012, 05:54 PM   #109
FanSince72
Team President

Member Number: 17502
Thanked 1,055 Times in 473 Posts

Good thing Arians isn't here or we might be 7-4!
Old 11-25-2012, 05:55 PM   #110
cubanstogie
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darkstorm05 View Post
That's a hard call. In his earlier appearances his vision was horrible. IMO, the biggest gap we have when using Dwyer and Redman is that they're too slow to run around the outside edges. Dwyer looked to be plodding and winded just trying to get out there today. When Mendy goes, that means we can't run to the outside anymore. Rainey is too fragile, so Batch is our last option there. I'm sure though that the Dwyer fan club will be along this week to talk him up some more.
I was part of his fan club. I can handle a fumble when trying for extra yards or once in a while. With Dwyer it was when he layed down against a DB. No excuse. I truly believed he was more efficient than mendy. Now I don't really think there is a clear cut number one. I think Redman is the clear cut choice for short yardage, Rainey could be a 3rd down back. It actually looked like Rainey could break one at some point. Mendy has more of a fumble history so I guess its who has more focus in next weeks practice. Your guess is as good as mine who starts.