Why register with the Steelers Fever Forums?
 • Intelligent and friendly discussions.
 • It's free and it's quick. Always.
 • Enter events in the forums calendar.
 • Very user friendly software.
 • Exclusive contests and giveaways.

Donate to Steelers Fever, Click here
 Our 2014 Goal: $450.00 - To Date: $450.00 (100.00%)
 Home | Forums | Editorials | Shop | Tickets | Downloads | Contact Pittsburgh Steelers Forum Feed Not Just Fans. Hardcore Fans.

Go Back   Steelers Fever Forums > Steelers Football > Pittsburgh Steelers

Steelers Fever Fan Shop

Doc's Sports Get FREE NFL Picks and College Football picks as well as Football Lines like live NFL Lines and updated NFL Power Rankings all at Doc's Sports Service.

Steelers Fever Presents...

Steelers Panthers

GAMEDAY
Sunday, September 21, 8:30 PM
NBC

Old 11-26-2012, 04:41 AM   #151
bornaSteelersfan
Starter
Supporter

Default Re: Official Browns post game, Steelers suck, vent in this thread

I've read this entire thread and must say a few things:

1) Our entire defense is awesome! We know Ike can't catch, that's why he plays defense.
2) Batch did not play a good game. He looked "old and slow". A receiver commented this week that he makes tight spirals; not today.
3) Wallace is really not making the effort needed to get the big bucks
4) Rainey only dropped the ball because he got hurt. He did great on the TD! He really doesn't belong in the NFL, though. He looks like a "puny human" on a field full of Hulks.
5) The running game was horrible, but give some credit to the Browns' defense.
6) We lost 2 more O Linemen today. We may get 2 more back in a couple of weeks.
7) Tomlin is still a good coach, but needs to step up his game a bit and breath some fire
8) Heath and Manny really brought their A-game and prove their worth. Sanders is getting the long-term contract at the end of this season.
9) Foote had a fumble recovery before the 2-minute warning that the refs completely blew it on (worst non-call all season)
and finally
10) The Steelers are not eliminated from the playoffs at all!!!!
Old 11-26-2012, 04:49 AM   #152
Steel_Bus_24
Team Owner

Member Number: 2886

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blackout View Post
See this is exactly what I'm talking about, alot of hyperbole.

Our QB is out, same with our top draft prospect at guard, Adams got injured, Mendy and Redman coming off injuries, Dwyer not playing consistently but I think alot of the problem with our RBs is Tomlin's methodology. Read Tony's new thread. Plus Brown and Cotchery are out, and we are using our 3rd string QB.

What happened today can only meet expectations going into this game. Plus we had a bad game offensively, it happens. If we had everyone healthy an they performed like that, yeah you could make comments almost like you did.
No it goes beyond that.......That Offense looked like they slept for an entire week and someone woke them them up abruptly and threw em out onto the field with no clue

When you turn it over 8 freaking times, theres something more there. This was bad for even a team like an offensively challenged Jets whose QB gets knocked out and fumbles by his Center's Ass

[YOUTUBE]vEI03oOE6is[/YOUTUBE]

An give me a break with the spoiled crap.....This wasn't just the1st game they looked clueless out there.....Believe Me I could cope with it a lot better too if we were just dropped to 8-3 instead of 6-5

Also Known as SteelerSpartan

Last edited by Steel_Bus_24; 11-26-2012 at 06:08 AM.
Steel_Bus_24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2012, 06:03 AM   #153
EbonySteel86
Team Captain

Member Number: 20340

This loss doesn't surprise me. We lost to worst teams WITH Ben and other starters that were out today. This offence still needs time to gel. Just don't see it happening this year.
EbonySteel86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2012, 06:10 AM   #154
bornaSteelersfan
Starter
Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by EbonySteel86 View Post
This loss doesn't surprise me. We lost to worst teams WITH Ben and other starters that were out today. This offence still needs time to gel. Just don't see it happening this year.
Don't give up hope, Ebony. Batch knocked the cobwebs off today. Browns' grass field was a pathetic mess and quite slippery (only the birds were sure-footed). We got a "shiny new toy" in Plaxico Burress. We have a young back-up QB in Brian Hoyer (I expect him to get some snaps soon). Wallace might just get his head out of his ass and start playing again because it is fun. Troy will be back soon. It is all looking good from here on. Having a slump now is much better than the slump we had right at the end of the season last year.

Old 11-26-2012, 10:53 AM   #155
Fire Arians
Anti-Spammer Mod

Member Number: 16570
Thanked 6,466 Times in 2,747 Posts
My Mood: Yeehaw

when you turn the ball over 8 times you ain't gonna beat anybody

coaches need to work on fundamentals this offseason, the fumbles have been plaguing us all year. maybe even consider a 1st/2nd round pick on a RB. I was hopeful on mendy but he's a guy in his final contract year and still no improvement in protecting the ball since he's been here
Fire Arians is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2012, 10:59 AM   #156
steelfury02
Wing Kong Exchange - CEO
Supporter

Member Number: 6076
Thanked 3,969 Times in 1,920 Posts
My Mood: Fine

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fire Arians View Post
when you turn the ball over 8 times you ain't gonna beat anybody

coaches need to work on fundamentals this offseason, the fumbles have been plaguing us all year. maybe even consider a 1st/2nd round pick on a RB. I was hopeful on mendy but he's a guy in his final contract year and still no improvement in protecting the ball since he's been here
Mendy = bust. You draft a RB in first round with hopes of him having a huge impact on the fortunes of the franchise. He has won us 1 game. OT v. Falcons 2010. That was his contribution to this team. At no other point can I sit here and say - that guy helped take a lot of pressure off Ben and helped us close out a lot of games. I feel bad that he had to come here under Arians and that he gets injured as much as he does - but that is life. We need an able-bodied person in there.

Look into my eyes
SF Haters
steelfury02 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2012, 11:04 AM   #157
Lokki
Jerkimus Maximus
Supporter

Member Number: 17947
Thanked 2,279 Times in 836 Posts
My Mood: Twisted

Timmons needs to have a coaching session with the RBs tomorrow and teach them how to run and hold on to the ball.
Old 11-26-2012, 11:29 AM   #158
Lokki
Jerkimus Maximus
Supporter

Member Number: 17947
Thanked 2,279 Times in 836 Posts
My Mood: Twisted

The game wasn't televised in my area, so I didn't get to see any of it, other than the final play when they cut to that. However, I had the Score Mobile app set to send me alerts for turnovers, points, red zone, etc. I was out shopping and it seemed every time that it notified me, it was for a turnover. It was a damn shame, but the Defense or the Browns' offense kept us in the game until the end.

I had high hopes for Batch considering how he has performed for us in the past. All 4 RBs were a huge let down on the stat sheet. I'm not sure what this team can do to keep afloat until Ben gets back. At this point, I don't want to make the playoffs unless we return to health by then. I don't want a repeat of the Denver game last year. I'd rather the team not make the playoffs, than make the playoffs and be knocked out in an embarrassing fashion. Just my .02 cents, and I'm done dwelling on this and looking toward the Ravens.
Old 11-26-2012, 02:10 PM   #159
BLACK_AND_YELLOW
Head Coach

Member Number: 18312
Thanked 2,405 Times in 1,111 Posts
My Mood: Tired

no one believed in the NYG last year neither and look what happened, everybody just hang in there we'll get this going soon
BLACK_AND_YELLOW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2012, 02:14 PM   #160
Fire Arians
Anti-Spammer Mod

Member Number: 16570
Thanked 6,466 Times in 2,747 Posts
My Mood: Yeehaw

Quote:
Originally Posted by BLACK_AND_YELLOW View Post
no one believed in the NYG last year neither and look what happened, everybody just hang in there we'll get this going soon
after hearing that big ben is recovering well from his injury, I'm optimistic as long as we're not mathematcally eliminated.

but man, we need #7 back and healthy (not like last season where he couldn't even walk and throw). as long as ben is in the game and healthy, we always have a shot.
Fire Arians is online now   Reply With Quote