Why register with the Steelers Fever Forums?
 • Intelligent and friendly discussions.
 • It's free and it's quick. Always.
 • Enter events in the forums calendar.
 • Very user friendly software.
 • Exclusive contests and giveaways.

Donate to Steelers Fever, Click here
 Our 2013 Goal: $400.00 - To Date: $00.00 (00.00%)
 Home | Forums | Editorials | Shop | Tickets | Downloads | Contact Pittsburgh Steelers Forum Feed Not Just Fans. Hardcore Fans.

Go Back   Steelers Fever Forums > Steelers Football > Pittsburgh Steelers

Steelers Fever Fan Shop

Doc's Sports Get FREE NFL Picks and College Football picks as well as Football Lines like live NFL Lines and updated NFL Power Rankings all at Doc's Sports Service.

Steelers Steelers - Browns Bills
September 7, 2014, 1:00pmET

CBS

Old 11-25-2012, 03:55 PM   #51
Raw Steel
Team Captain

Member Number: 15349
Default Re: Official Browns post game, Steelers suck, vent in this thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by JeromeBetties63 View Post
All the turnovers are one thing....coulda won anyway without the penalties and with some better play calling. The play calling was just plain stupid.
Yes, they need to call those plays where they don't fumble or throw a pick.
Old 11-25-2012, 03:55 PM   #52
zcoop
Assistant Coach
Supporter

Member Number: 20513

Quote:
Originally Posted by JeromeBetties63 View Post
All the turnovers are one thing....coulda won anyway without the penalties and with some better play calling. The play calling was just plain stupid.
Yep, this was a total Offensive TEAM screw-up. Can't turn the ball over that many times in the NFL and expect to win. And Haley's play calling didn't help either.
zcoop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2012, 03:55 PM   #53
Darkstorm05
Team Captain

Member Number: 19897

Quote:
Originally Posted by zcoop View Post
And for the 101st time, don't try to think for me playa. Stating the obvious doesn't equate to whinning. If I go back and read some of yous post, you make points about things we failed to do, but I can't? Miss me with that stuff man.

I come on here to have intelligent discussion with other fans about the team. If you want to discuss, fine, if not then thats cool too.
No, but there's nothing to be done about that. We can't pick up every QB out there and leave them on the bench. Those two are with other teams, and have been for quite some time. They were never an option, so it isn't really relevant. Continuing to beat the dead horse on guys who walked before the season isn't really breaking news. Even if Tomlin reads this and concurs, he can't go get either of them.

The drops, the fumbles, the idiotic bombs to a guy giving half assed effort...these things we can try to fix going forward.
Darkstorm05 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2012, 03:55 PM   #54
JeromeBetties63
Starter

Member Number: 19049

Quote:
Originally Posted by tony hipchest View Post
thats my team.

steelers born, and steelers bred, and when i die, im steelers dead.

this loss was as bad as vs browns in 09 or tommy maddox loss to texans in 2002(?).

the 3 worst performances since 2000 IMO. this one may have been the ABSOLUTE worst of the 3.

that dont mean i have to act like a lil' bitch about it. we're 6-5, and missing almost all of our starters at one point or another in all 5 of those losses. i will sack up and accept the loss like a man, just like the players and coaches will. i'll analyze the game, see what went wrong and what can be built upon cause we have ravens beaks to kick in next week at 4:20 EST.

y'all can do what you want. whatever makes you feel better, just keep similar topics confined to a single thread because a board full of 100 seperate chicken little threads is no good for anyone.

That's a great post....
JeromeBetties63 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2012, 03:57 PM   #55
Chris Fuamatu-Ma'afala
Water Boy

Member Number: 24488

9-7 is in our sights, just have to hope the Bengals, Colts and Chargers finish up worse...

If we take care of the Bungals and Chargers in the upcoming games we should be fine
Chris Fuamatu-Ma'afala is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2012, 03:57 PM   #56
JeromeBetties63
Starter

Member Number: 19049

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raw Steel View Post
Yes, they need to call those plays where they don't fumble or throw a pick.
True, but after it's clear to my wife that Batch can't throw down field, surely the coaches can figure that out.
JeromeBetties63 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2012, 03:58 PM   #57
steelerchad
Team President
Supporter

Member Number: 5792

I have no doubt this team is good enough to win a playoff game. If Ben comes back, we'll drop 1 or 2 more. We might even get into the playoffs at 9-7 this year.

Miami would need to go 4-1 to finish 9-7 with SF and NE twice on the schedule still. Not likely.
The other 2 teams are Cincy or SD, both of which are on our schedule. Beating those 2 teams and winning 1 of the other 3 gets us in likely.
steelerchad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2012, 04:00 PM   #58
MillerMania83
Bench Warmer

Member Number: 10437

That game was UNBEARABLE to watch today....Just so so so SO SO MANY things to point out to how it all went wrong today....Main things IMO, turnovers and we need a backup QB SOOOOOO FREAKIN' BAD it's UNBELIEVABLE....The team effort on the offense was PATHETIC except for Heath Miller and Sanders (those 2 are the only ones who showed me they played with any heart today)...Mendy is DONE, he's TERRIBLE, I've always thought that and as time goes on he just shows me I was right to think that....SHAME ON the entire Steelers orginization to think they would be able to ge away with Leftwich and Batch as this teams backups, they both are DONE and they have shown EVERYONE that...It's time to SERIOUSLY start lookin for Ben's backup, who can atually give us a chanceto win a few games....And that search should start next Sunday by playing Brian Hoyer....This team is DONE for this year, injuries the main reason why, but you are folling yourself if you think at IF they do make the playoffs (I dont think they will) they won't get embarrassed the first game like they did last year...The offseason will be interesting for sure, like it was mentioned, Who is our #1 RB, we don't have one...Who is our legit backup QB, we don't have one, etc....Front office and coaching staff need to do some serious soul searching to see who are the best players on this team, skill, age/injury, production, etc...that should be here in 2013 to restore the Pittsburgh Steelers to the team we all know and want them to be.
MillerMania83 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2012, 04:04 PM   #59
The_Joker
Team President

Member Number: 24540
Thanked 1,068 Times in 584 Posts
My Mood: Devilish

Quote:
Originally Posted by steelerchad View Post
I have no doubt this team is good enough to win a playoff game. If Ben comes back, we'll drop 1 or 2 more. We might even get into the playoffs at 9-7 this year.

Miami would need to go 4-1 to finish 9-7 with SF and NE twice on the schedule still. Not likely.
The other 2 teams are Cincy or SD, both of which are on our schedule. Beating those 2 teams and winning 1 of the other 3 gets us in likely.
Exactly, we can do this. We hold the 6th seed in our hands.

But, we do need to shape up and get back to SB form. This team probs won't win the big one even healthy, so we need to cut dead weight (Mendy/Wallace), and get our boys healthy.

The_Joker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2012, 04:07 PM   #60
Steel_Bus_24
Team Owner

Member Number: 2886

Quote:
Originally Posted by steelerchad View Post

Injuries are killing us though.....Now we have our usual OL Injury Collapse with Gilbert,Adams and Colon going down with Pouncey soon to follow

Ben could literally die if he gets hit too hard in his injured area

We have freaking 5 AFC losses probably another coming next week

At this rate it would be a miracle if we finish 8-8 and Ben doesn't finish the season in a body bag

Also Known as SteelerSpartan
Steel_Bus_24 is online now   Reply With Quote