Why register with the Steelers Fever Forums?
 • Intelligent and friendly discussions.
 • It's free and it's quick. Always.
 • Enter events in the forums calendar.
 • Very user friendly software.
 • Exclusive contests and giveaways.

Donate to Steelers Fever, Click here
 Our 2013 Goal: $400.00 - To Date: $00.00 (00.00%)
 Home | Forums | Editorials | Shop | Tickets | Downloads | Contact Pittsburgh Steelers Forum Feed Not Just Fans. Hardcore Fans.

Go Back   Steelers Fever Forums > Steelers Football > Pittsburgh Steelers

Steelers Fever Fan Shop

Doc's Sports Get FREE NFL Picks and College Football picks as well as Football Lines like live NFL Lines and updated NFL Power Rankings all at Doc's Sports Service.

Steelers Steelers - Bills Bills
August 16th, 2014, 7:30pmET

CBS

Old 11-25-2012, 04:43 PM   #81
Atlanta Dan
Resigned
Supporter

Member Number: 728
Thanked 6,277 Times in 2,880 Posts
Default Re: Official Browns post game, Steelers suck, vent in this thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by tony hipchest View Post
you gotta go back to 2002 for the last time we were really eliminated from the playoffs well before the season ended.

even in 06 when we started 2-6 i dont think we were mathematically eliminated until 1-2 games remaining. all remaining seasons we either made the playoffs or were still in contention until the final week.

i dont expect that to change this year.
Season is not officially screwed for me unless they lose to San Diego - at that point it will become a 2009 style collapse

9-7 may get a wildcard in the AFC
Atlanta Dan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2012, 04:44 PM   #82
The_Joker
Team President

Member Number: 24540
Thanked 1,034 Times in 567 Posts
My Mood: Devilish

Quote:
Originally Posted by Terminator View Post
Maybe it's time for that multi-year slump we all knew was on it's way. Regroup and rebuild.
We've been a top 10 team for a decade, I don't mind slumping for a year or two.
The_Joker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2012, 04:47 PM   #83
tony hipchest
IRONMAN a.k.a. Tony Stark

Member Number: 658
Thanked 6,951 Times in 3,010 Posts
Default Re: Who Should Get Fired

Quote:
Originally Posted by cubanstogie View Post
hard to believe the HC, and OC thought Batch was a viable option.
not hard for me to believe. its hard for me to believe we have lost our first and second string qb when we are giving up fewers sacks in years.

i gurantee you the steelers saw batch's record and capabilities in practice. up until today, these are the games he has proven he is capable of winning. him and wallace spanked tampa bay when ben was suspended and he spanked st louis as recently as last year on christmas eve.

today showed batch doesnt got it anymore.

unlike our youthful rinning backs atleast he can hold onto the ball, though. looks like he's our guy til ben gets back. im gonna support him. any calls for him to be fired is just hot air.
Old 11-25-2012, 04:50 PM   #84
MillerMania83
Bench Warmer

Member Number: 10437

Quote:
Originally Posted by fansince'76 View Post
The Giants were 7-7 and a game back of the Cowboys in the NFC East with two games left in the season last year and were pretty much left for dead. Just saying. There's too much parity in this league to just take a flyer on the rest of the season now. If Roethlisberger can play, he's going to play.

Better bet, TAKE THE FLYER....The Giants had no where near the injuries this team has on both sides of the ball...And the injuries continues to mount up after todays game also....A mostly healthy Steeler team with it's key members I say ABSOLUTELY they can make that kind a run....But this team IS NOT gonna be healthy enough this year and this team has some lets say "effort" issues by some players that will keep this team far far away at making any kind of run at the big game this year....Just all those losses to AFC bad teams alone should tell ya that...And even if Ben does come back, ya look at the remaining games, how this team has played this year, AIN'T NO WAY they run the table, NOT EVEN CLOSE....I pray they make me eat those words, I TRULY DO, but I'm willing to bet they won't
MillerMania83 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2012, 04:51 PM   #85
BowCatShot
Bench Warmer

Member Number: 24236
Default Mendenhall, what a player.

Wow. Holy cow what a running back. We need more like him.
BowCatShot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2012, 04:52 PM   #86
cubanstogie
Head Coach

Member Number: 3082

Quote:
Originally Posted by tony hipchest View Post
not hard for me to believe. its hard for me to believe we have lost our first and second string qb when we are giving up fewers sacks in years.

i gurantee you the steelers saw batch's record and capabilities in practice. up until today, these are the games he has proven he is capable of winning. him and wallace spanked tampa bay when ben was suspended and he spanked st louis as recently as last year on christmas eve.

today showed batch doesnt got it. unlike our youthful rinning backs atleast he can hold onto the ball, though.
thats the irony, Ben has gotten sacked less and gets rid of the ball under Haleys offense yet the injury occurs.
cubanstogie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2012, 04:52 PM   #87
Kanata-Steeler
Team President

Member Number: 15552

I can only agree with, Wallace has got to go soon.

Wallace got to meet and play with a Burress, as a reminder to Wallace that he(Wallace) is also heading in the same direction a (younger) Burress once did with the Steelers. Here's your "Calling-card" Wallace, now ACT on it.
Unfortunately, Wallace either didn't get the "Hint / WARNING", or Wallace still didn't get the obvious "Hint / Warning" here. ?!

On that note, I'd say Wallace isn't even TRYING to play, listen, or even think like a Steeler Rx'er, anymore.
So, either try n' play, or your out like the younger Burress, who at that time, was sent packin', buddy !
Kanata-Steeler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2012, 04:55 PM   #88
tony hipchest
IRONMAN a.k.a. Tony Stark

Member Number: 658
Thanked 6,951 Times in 3,010 Posts

Quote:
thats the irony, Ben has gotten sacked less and gets rid of the ball under Haleys offense yet the injury occurs.
irony indeed... probably the worst football related injury of his career.

im actually suprised we dont have members here calling for the coaches to let ben get sacked more.
Old 11-25-2012, 05:00 PM   #89
ChristianKustomz
Starter

Member Number: 24383

I sort of agree with your thought with one stipulation and that's the fact when it comes to Haley it is his fault for one reason and one reason only. He's the one making the play calls. Tomlin in the postgame interviews always states the obvious with NO comments on what he plans on doing to fix it.

"well we missed a lot of plays..." really?
"we dropped a lot of passes we should have caught..." we were watching the same game too. We have eyes ya know.
"we can't win a game when we are turning the ball over..." duh. We know how this game is.
"there were a lot of penalties that cost us a lot of field position and gave up too many yards..." he's killing me.

All he does is just recite what we all watched. Give me a real interview and tell my what you plan on doing to fix this week after week after week disappointment from our offense.
ChristianKustomz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2012, 05:02 PM   #90
Darkstorm05
Team Captain

Member Number: 19897

Quote:
I would say it could actually be a sign of the state of the game. The league doesn't want hits high, or low. Harrison is a perfect example of how the fines really are working and changing play. So you want guys getting drilled in the ribs and shoulders all day, prepare for more injuries of this nature.
Darkstorm05 is offline   Reply With Quote