Why register with the Steelers Fever Forums?
 • Intelligent and friendly discussions.
 • It's free and it's quick. Always.
 • Enter events in the forums calendar.
 • Very user friendly software.
 • Exclusive contests and giveaways.

Donate to Steelers Fever, Click here
 Our 2014 Goal: $450.00 - To Date: $450.00 (100.00%)
 Home | Forums | Editorials | Shop | Tickets | Downloads | Contact Pittsburgh Steelers Forum Feed Not Just Fans. Hardcore Fans.

Go Back   Steelers Fever Forums > Steelers Football > Pittsburgh Steelers

Steelers Fever Fan Shop

Doc's Sports Get FREE NFL Picks and College Football picks as well as Football Lines like live NFL Lines and updated NFL Power Rankings all at Doc's Sports Service.

Steelers

Old 12-03-2012, 04:56 PM   #1
Sharkissle29
Team President

Member Number: 910
Default Woodley/Worlids

Will probably get ripped a bit for this but what would you guys think of this idea. From what I have seen out of Jason Worlids, I think the guys is a good pass rusher than most people give him credit for. He plays the run decent, but still isn't quite there.

Once we get Woodley back, how would you guys feel if we rotated Worlids in on passing downs, and let Woodley play on running downs? I am not sure if it has been Woodley's, health but he has not generated much pressure from what I have seen this season. Meanwhile, Worlids is pulling off Mendy like spin moves to get to the QB, which he nearly did against the Ravens (was an awesome move).

Just curious as to what people would think. I think I like Jason Worlids than most do on this board...
Old 12-03-2012, 05:05 PM   #2
jfeust
Water Boy

Member Number: 24372
Default Re: Woodley/Worlids

I don't know if I'd go so far as to setup a planned rotation, but I too am excited by Worlids development. It looks like we found our outside pass rusher of the future. Whether he takes Harrisons or Woodleys spot first remains to be seen (not sure how long each are under contract).
jfeust is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2012, 05:21 PM   #3
Fire Arians
Anti-Spammer Mod

Member Number: 16570
Thanked 7,560 Times in 3,153 Posts
My Mood: Yeehaw

worilds will be solid if he can stay healthy. most complaints about him is he's been on the injury list for the past 2 offseasons
Fire Arians is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2012, 05:33 PM   #4
StainlessStill
Living Legend
Supporter

Member Number: 12999
Thanked 1,734 Times in 703 Posts

I'm confident in the Steelers linebacking core. Seeing Worilds finally come alive out there after a few seasons should make Steelers fans happy since Harrison probably only has 1 more year of ball left in him. I like the tandem of Woodley/Worilds moving forward for the future.

That said, the unsung hero so far is Larry Foote. Dude may not be dominant, but he completes our defense as is.
Old 12-03-2012, 05:42 PM   #5
MasterOfPuppets
Living Legend
Supporter

Member Number: 1990
Thanked 3,957 Times in 1,675 Posts

i think woodley needs to shed a few lbs. he looks way fatter than he used to.

"When the people fear their government, there is tyranny; when the government fears the people, there is liberty." - Thomas Jefferson

"The two enemies of the people are criminals and government, so let us tie the second down with the chains of the Constitution so the second will not become the legalized version of the first." -Thomas Jefferson

"The man who reads nothing at all is better educated than the man who reads nothing but newspapers." - Thomas Jefferson

MasterOfPuppets is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2012, 06:09 PM   #6
austinfrench76
Head Coach

Member Number: 3516

Worlids did play well! I just remember that it took Harrison severla years to make the Steelers, hell got cut by us a few times and the Ratbirds, as everybody knows. So Worlids may just be coming around...
austinfrench76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2012, 06:26 PM   #7
desertsteel
Assistant Coach

Member Number: 915

Maybe it's time to move Woodley's fat but to the inside. About 15 more pounds and he's there.
desertsteel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2012, 06:42 PM   #8
lardlad
Bench Warmer

Member Number: 10897
My Mood: Cynical

It's just a matter of time before this is brought up. Not sure Worilds is better than Woodley yet, but it is worth discussing. The guy is leading in sacks and had much fewer opportunities.

We'll see. Woodley got hot last year and had like 7 sacks in one month. He gets hot like that again this discussion is over. Worilds gets hot like that, it's still a bit of a discussion. I guess what I am saying is Woodley is more established, Worilds is still a bit of a risk. I love what I am seeing though, he's living up to expectations IMO. Good problem to have!
lardlad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2012, 06:52 PM   #9
67 calsteel
Bench Warmer

Member Number: 21936

i do think world's should get more playing time.What about this?Sub package
outside linebacker Worlds and Woodley
inside Linebackers Harrison and Timmon
D_line Kiessel,Mc lendon and heyward
67 calsteel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2012, 07:29 PM   #10
FacemeIke
Bench Warmer

Member Number: 11185

All I know is I"m much more excited about our future on defense than I was a few months ago. Worlids, Lewis, McClendon all look great. Brown looked good in the secondary yesterday and Heyward has started to show me some things and Ziggy is (very) slowly improving.