Why register with the Steelers Fever Forums?
 • Intelligent and friendly discussions.
 • It's free and it's quick. Always.
 • Enter events in the forums calendar.
 • Very user friendly software.
 • Exclusive contests and giveaways.

Donate to Steelers Fever, Click here
 Our 2013 Goal: $400.00 - To Date: $00.00 (00.00%)
 Home | Forums | Editorials | Shop | Tickets | Downloads | Contact Pittsburgh Steelers Forum Feed Not Just Fans. Hardcore Fans.

Go Back   Steelers Fever Forums > Steelers Football > Pittsburgh Steelers

Steelers Fever Fan Shop

Doc's Sports Get FREE NFL Picks and College Football picks as well as Football Lines like live NFL Lines and updated NFL Power Rankings all at Doc's Sports Service.

Steelers Steelers - Giants Giants
August 9th, 2014, 7:30pmET

CBS

Old 11-25-2012, 07:02 PM   #31
lipps83
Assistant Coach

Member Number: 17725
Default Re: Steelers will make the playoffs!

Quote:
Originally Posted by casteeler View Post
Wallace is complete garbage, the Steelers have the worst backup QBs in the NFL and the Running back couldn't run or hold on to the ball. The Defense holds up their end of the bargain but the Offense with the exception of Miller is suspect. Say Ben is injured? Then what? Leftwich and Batch have NO business on a football field, who takes over? Until I see what Hoyer has to offer we cannot be assured that this team can be considered playoff worthy
I think on offense our best guys are Miller, Brown and Sanders. I think these 3 play the best ball of the bunch and we can win with these 3.
lipps83 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2012, 07:02 PM   #32
steelfury02
Wing Kong Exchange - CEO
Supporter

Member Number: 6076
Thanked 3,454 Times in 1,642 Posts
My Mood: Fine

Quote:
Originally Posted by teegre View Post
I agree wholeheartedly.

Call me a delusion optimist, but I have been harping on one thing for the past few weeks:
make the play-offs; get back four playmakers; win the SuperBowl.

The Bolts are a joke. Yes, they are beating the Ravens, but they always beat the Ravens. Rivers is a turnover machine. And, the Steelers play them. Likewise, the Steelers play the Bengals. Win both of those games, and ONE more, and the Steelers make the play-offs.

Actually, I am not convinced that the Steelers won't win all of their remaining games. They can beat the Ravens and the Cowboys. But, again, even if the Steelers only beat the Bolts, Bengals, and Browns, the Steelers will still make the play-offs.

THEN, they get back BB (and AB, DD, and Troy).

Getting back BB is enough to win a SuperBowl. He makes such a world of difference. And, with the defense playing out of its mind, BB would only need 17-21 points per game... which is what the offense was averaging, when he was playing (23 points).

Add AB... and possibly DD... and Troy... and, no one will want to play the Steelers. No one.

I have said it, and said it, and said it... and I am sticking to it:
I want one thing right now before anything else: a regular season win

Insanity or In-sahn-naha-teh
is what the the Iro-quois used
meaning "severe personnel problems".
Look it up. No? No, I'm right.
Agree to disagree.
steelfury02 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2012, 07:11 PM   #33
OliverPoop
Bench Warmer

Member Number: 24550

Maybe make the playoffs. And then lose in the Wildcard round to a vastly inferior team.
OliverPoop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2012, 07:42 PM   #34
Steelers>NFL
Team Captain
Supporter

Member Number: 15311

Quote:
Originally Posted by teegre View Post
I agree wholeheartedly.

Call me a delusion optimist, but I have been harping on one thing for the past few weeks:

The Bolts are a joke. Yes, they are beating the Ravens, but they always beat the Ravens. Rivers is a turnover machine. And, the Steelers play them. Likewise, the Steelers play the Bengals. Win both of those games, and ONE more, and the Steelers make the play-offs.

Actually, I am not convinced that the Steelers won't win all of their remaining games. They can beat the Ravens and the Cowboys. But, again, even if the Steelers only beat the Bolts, Bengals, and Browns, the Steelers will still make the play-offs.

THEN, they get back BB (and AB, DD, and Troy).

Getting back BB is enough to win a SuperBowl. He makes such a world of difference. And, with the defense playing out of its mind, BB would only need 17-21 points per game... which is what the offense was averaging, when he was playing (23 points).

Add AB... and possibly DD... and Troy... and, no one will want to play the Steelers. No one.

I have said it, and said it, and said it... and I am sticking to it:
But Tomlin will still be the head coach!
Steelers>NFL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2012, 07:56 PM   #35
lardlad
Bench Warmer

Member Number: 10897

Quote:
Originally Posted by tony hipchest View Post
denver made the playoffs with tim tebow, so anything is possible.

we need running backs (and wr's) we can trust to do the most fundamental part of the game- HOLD ON TO THE BALL.
I am very concerned with the backs we have. Runthenfall is done, I don't see any trust in him. I thought Redman and Dwyer might be the answer, but I'm not sure anymore. They all crapped the bed today, and were not good last week.
lardlad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2012, 08:15 PM   #36
steelerchad
Team President
Supporter

Member Number: 5792

Quote:
The 49ers have one. It's not unreasonable to expect a team to have a good backup, these people are supposed to be professional and Leftwich and Batch are not Roster worthy
Different situation. The 49ers have one now, because they were drafting a QB to replace their starter. They moved up in the draft last year to take him with the 4th pick of the 2nd round. No way a team with a 30 year old franchise, top 5 QB does that. Besides, we have our money tied up in a starter. The niners won't be able to keep both long term. That's the salary cap game.

I think Leftwich would have been fine if not injured. Batch is way done.
Stupid to have 3 vet QB's anyway.
They should have the starter, vet backup, and young development player as the 3rd always. If they young guy hasn't earned the backup role by year 4 dump him and draft another. They should be drafting a QB in rounds 3-7 once every 4 years IMO unless they hit one they like.
steelerchad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2012, 08:28 PM   #37
casteeler
Assistant Coach

Member Number: 15446

Quote:
Originally Posted by steelerchad View Post
Different situation. The 49ers have one now, because they were drafting a QB to replace their starter. They moved up in the draft last year to take him with the 4th pick of the 2nd round. No way a team with a 30 year old franchise, top 5 QB does that. Besides, we have our money tied up in a starter. The niners won't be able to keep both long term. That's the salary cap game.

I think Leftwich would have been fine if not injured. Batch is way done.
Stupid to have 3 vet QB's anyway.
They should have the starter, vet backup, and young development player as the 3rd always. If they young guy hasn't earned the backup role by year 4 dump him and draft another. They should be drafting a QB in rounds 3-7 once every 4 years IMO unless they hit one they like.
The 49ers had a guy in Smith. We're not talking immidiatly replacing Ben, we are talking about drafting a QB that can lead a drive down the field that will result in point should Ben be injured and the team need a win to stay in playoff contention
casteeler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2012, 08:46 PM   #38
steelerchad
Team President
Supporter

Member Number: 5792

Quote:
The 49ers had a guy in Smith. We're not talking immidiatly replacing Ben, we are talking about drafting a QB that can lead a drive down the field that will result in point should Ben be injured and the team need a win to stay in playoff contention
right.
But no team spends the 36th overall pick to sit on the bench for the next 5-7 years.
You using the 49ers situation makes no sense.
Alex Smith is an overall #1 pick and Colin is a #36 from a year ago.
Now in 3 or 4 years, I can see the Steelers taking one in the first or second round. But until then, or until Ben sustains a career altering injury, we'll have to go with leftover scrap heap guys and late round picks.
steelerchad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2012, 08:48 PM   #39
tanda10506
Team President

Member Number: 17319

As long as Ben is back by SD we will make the playoffs, otherwise we will not. I really didn't expect a loss today, 8 turnovers and Batch playing that terrible could not have been predicted, so I was dead set on the playoffs too. I even think we can win it from a Wild Card with a healthy Ben and pretty healthy O line and defense.

Honestly I don't think Troy getting back will help much, he didn't make any plays last year or earlier this year and I doubt he will be right back into form. Honestly I no longer worry about Troy coming back, with as special as he was, I just don't see it there any more, and at least with Allen he won't be out of position like Troy has been lately. I love Troy I just think time and injuries have passed him by. I also don't see DD being effective, or even playing for that matter. I have high expectations for him, but they likely won't play him unless we have MORE O line injuries. Getting AB back will be great and he's likely our #1 WR, but with Wallace, Sanders, Miller, and Plax out there, you should still be able to complete some passes (Batch!!!). If Ben comes back and the injury lingers then it's over, period, we don't have a QB who can even move the ball a bit and manage the game when Ben is out. But if Ben comes through as he always done, then we will win every game left on the schedule and will at be the 5 or 6 seed. After that I'm not worried, if we can beat NYG in their house we can beat anybody in their house, we just have to make it there. It's all about when Ben gets back. We have a kick ass team, even with the injuries the O line still pass blocked and the defense still played well, but we CAN NOT overcome the terrible play that we get at the most important position in the game, the QB. Ben has to be back.
Old 11-25-2012, 09:07 PM   #40
teegre
Living Legend
Supporter

Member Number: 24108
Thanked 17,830 Times in 7,532 Posts
My Mood: Dead

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steelers>NFL View Post
But Tomlin will still be the head coach!
Which I feel is a great thing.
teegre is offline   Reply With Quote