Why register with the Steelers Fever Forums?
 • Intelligent and friendly discussions.
 • It's free and it's quick. Always.
 • Enter events in the forums calendar.
 • Very user friendly software.
 • Exclusive contests and giveaways.

Donate to Steelers Fever, Click here
 Our 2014 Goal: $450.00 - To Date: $450.00 (100.00%)
 Home | Forums | Editorials | Shop | Tickets | Downloads | Contact Pittsburgh Steelers Forum Feed Not Just Fans. Hardcore Fans.

Go Back   Steelers Fever Forums > Miscellaneous > Blast Furnace

Steelers Fever Fan Shop

Doc's Sports Get FREE NFL Picks and College Football picks as well as Football Lines like live NFL Lines and updated NFL Power Rankings all at Doc's Sports Service.

Steelers Fever Presents...

Steelers Panthers

GAMEDAY
Sunday, September 21, 8:30 PM
NBC

Old 06-15-2005, 10:49 PM   #1
Go_Cats
Bench Warmer

Member Number: 418
Default -Big Ben = Big Choker + Big Liar- II

Hi sqeeler fans, its me, the one and only author, of the thread Big Ben = Big Choker + Big Liar. From what I've read so far you guys really appreciate my work you guys don't wanna accept the facts, that big ben is a choker and a liar. All you sqeeler fans have been so big on big ben, putting him on a pedestal, for what? Becuase he had a decent rating after having to throw the ball 5-10 times a game? Trent Dilfer had the highest rating in the league back in 97' 3/4 of the way through the year, but under a little pressure, he cracked just as bad as Bendover did last year how can you guys bad mouth a guy like Carson, when your own QB is a piece of work himself? Carson is a number 1 overall pick, and hiesman winner, what now squeelers?

Sorry the Bengals lair version of this was closed, guess you guys started complaining after the you where getting.
Old 06-15-2005, 10:58 PM   #2
BlitzburghRockCity
Banned

Member Number: 70
Default Re: -Big Ben = Big Choker + Big Liar- II

Hey we didnt complain about it, in fact I just lobbied for it to open back up again..but your mods thought otherwise..but anyhow..

Ben knows damn well he could have been and should have been the #1 pick..becuz obviously Rivers isnt doing shit, and Manning is years away from being anything special. Ben has the talent desire and ability to go far in this league, and he's started out on the right path by going 15-1. He made ALOT of huge plays for us in those wins.. big 3rd down coversions, scrambling for first downs, play action ability that is second to none among young QB's.

You show me a rookie that doesnt hit the perverbial rookie brick wall towards the end of season.. that right, there isnt 1 rookie that doesnt have struggles in the regular season..its just that palmer seems to have his struggles all the time becuz you guys never make it to the post season so he might as well get right into it in week 1. Ben played through his struggles towards the end of the season and kept battling and making plays.. sure he didnt have a good game against the pats and we lost..but atleast we were in the post season AGAIN, with a rookie QB.

No Steeler QB is ever asked to win games on their own.. our organization surrounds them with too much talent to force them to win by themselves...
BlitzburghRockCity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2005, 11:16 PM   #3
Go_Cats
Bench Warmer

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlitzburghRockCity
Hey we didnt complain about it, in fact I just lobbied for it to open back up again..but your mods thought otherwise..but anyhow..

Ben knows damn well he could have been and should have been the #1 pick..becuz obviously Rivers isnt doing shit, and Manning is years away from being anything special. Ben has the talent desire and ability to go far in this league, and he's started out on the right path by going 15-1. He made ALOT of huge plays for us in those wins.. big 3rd down coversions, scrambling for first downs, play action ability that is second to none among young QB's.

You show me a rookie that doesnt hit the perverbial rookie brick wall towards the end of season.. that right, there isnt 1 rookie that doesnt have struggles in the regular season..its just that palmer seems to have his struggles all the time becuz you guys never make it to the post season so he might as well get right into it in week 1. Ben played through his struggles towards the end of the season and kept battling and making plays.. sure he didnt have a good game against the pats and we lost..but atleast we were in the post season AGAIN, with a rookie QB.

No Steeler QB is ever asked to win games on their own.. our organization surrounds them with too much talent to force them to win by themselves...
This pretty much sums up Ben's postseason:

Plain and simple, why have a guy throw 5-10 times a game and than throw him to the wolves?
Old 06-15-2005, 11:24 PM   #4
BlitzburghRockCity
Banned

He throws alittle more than 5-10 times a game.. so I assume ur just pulling those numbers constantly as a figure of speech. Our game plan is never to force a QB to win a game for us. So yes u may see Ben put up huge passing stats now and then in games, just like Tommy did..BUT, you'll notice 2 years ago, we had one of the best passing attacks in team history and we ended up 6-10, so that strategy is pointless to use. We've got a capable young QB who still has alot to learn, but with an upside like he has, and the experience he got last year, I like his chances to be VERY successfull for a very long time in this league for us.

Sorry, thats not ICB so its not a valid trash talking pic...
Old 06-15-2005, 11:27 PM   #5
BB2W
Team Owner
Supporter

Member Number: 328

This is stupidity, Ben had one of the best rookie season of any QB in NFL history......arguably the best! Carson did not perform nearly as well, and he had a season to sit and learn the offense. Carson made alot more mistakes than Ben throughout the season, and Ben was thrown in the mix in week two. To say that a rookie QB that played on a 15 and 1 team that lost to the defending champs choked, or is a bust is ridiculous. It is to bad you don't hold Carson to the same standards you hold Ben. I know it stings a bit that the heismen winning Carson will likely never be the QB you had hoped, and we struck a gold-mine out of lil' Miami Univ. (OH) He is, and always will be a better QB than Carson.

I watch alot of Bengals games, but you are gonna have to convince some of these other guys about how good Carson is.......All they have to go by is the two games last year Remember? Carson blew both games! Two INT's buy Polamalu! Punctuated by running over Palmer with the efficiency of a diesel powered combine for the TD return LOL. Nice tackle Carson! No guts! The second game it actually looked like you guys had a chance for a change and then he throws it right to Farrior for the INT TD return (again). Honestly he sucked both games. I don't think they are gonna believe the Carson hype

Last edited by BB2W; 06-15-2005 at 11:36 PM.
BB2W is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2005, 11:28 PM   #6
Go_Cats
Bench Warmer

do you want me to tone it down?
Old 06-15-2005, 11:59 PM   #7
BlitzburghRockCity
Banned

We werent aware you toned it up in the first place.....so please tell me that's not the best you got...
Old 06-16-2005, 01:17 AM   #8
JerseySTEEL
Team Captain

Member Number: 284

http://img187.echo.cx/img187/756/joh...papzoom0vm.jpg
Old 06-16-2005, 01:38 AM   #9
Prosdo
Banned

Member Number: 86

Ben was a rookie so I really don't understand how you can say he is a choker. He has played one season and that was his rookie season. He went beyond anyones expectations for him. Ben of course did not win the games by himself because he isn't the only guy on the field. He had a great supporting casts, but his role was still key. 15-1 for a rookie's first season I think thats pretty damn good. The guy just finished his first season. As I said I don't see how a 15-1 rookie is a choker.
Prosdo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2005, 01:43 AM   #10
JerseySTEEL
Team Captain

Member Number: 284

http://img7.echo.cx/img7/4554/stats1zw.jpg

Man i just love stats!