Why register with the Steelers Fever Forums?
 • Intelligent and friendly discussions.
 • It's free and it's quick. Always.
 • Enter events in the forums calendar.
 • Very user friendly software.
 • Exclusive contests and giveaways.

Donate to Steelers Fever, Click here
 Our 2014 Goal: $450.00 - To Date: $450.00 (100.00%)
 Home | Forums | Editorials | Shop | Tickets | Downloads | Contact Pittsburgh Steelers Forum Feed Not Just Fans. Hardcore Fans.

Go Back   Steelers Fever Forums > Miscellaneous > Blast Furnace

Steelers Fever Fan Shop

Doc's Sports Get FREE NFL Picks and College Football picks as well as Football Lines like live NFL Lines and updated NFL Power Rankings all at Doc's Sports Service.

Steelers

LOL

Old 06-16-2005, 04:15 PM   #21
figg
Team Captain
Supporter

Member Number: 416
Default Re: -Big Ben = Big Choker + Big Liar- II

Quote:
Originally Posted by Go_Cats
Yeah but how many of them where drafted numero uno?

Vinny Testaverde lol another choker
figg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2005, 04:21 PM   #22
RoethlisBURGHer
Living Legend
Supporter

Member Number: 370

Cats,you make me laugh.You are really entertaining.

When the Steelers own the Bungles ass twice this season,when Carson *possibly* wins 9 games instead of 8 games,and Ben is hoisting the Lombardi trophy in February while Carson sits at home and realizes he'll never know what that's like...you're tune will change.

You can't win EVERY game (the Bengals can't win more than half of thier games,can't even beat the Clowns twice...not even convincingly once).Ben lost in the biggest game of his life so far.He'll have bigger games.

Guess what,this will be Ben's second year in the league and he'll be able to read defenses better than Carson,he'll understand his defenses better than Carson,and once again he'll be a better QB than Carson.

When thier careers are over,Ben will be looked at as a champion,one of the best QB's of his time.Carson will be looked at as a mediocre to above average QB who got into the playoffs due to Wild Card spots a few times...but could never take his game to the next level (that is,if he can get them over 8-8).

At least we can say :sign08: you guys don't have any rings.

Congrats to the 2009 Stanley Cup Champion Pittsburgh Penguins
RoethlisBURGHer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2005, 04:22 PM   #23
BB2W
Team Owner
Supporter

Member Number: 328

When you go from this.....

To this.....

To This!!!

You know you are a BUST!

And when you go 8 and 8.....You know you are an average QB at best.

And when you are a Bengals fan tryin to dis the Steelers.....You know you are an idiot.

Last edited by BB2W; 06-16-2005 at 04:26 PM.
BB2W is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2005, 04:29 PM   #24
BB2W
Team Owner
Supporter

Member Number: 328

Sorry Go Cats, I couldn't resist.
Old 06-16-2005, 08:34 PM   #25
bigbensgirl7
Assistant Coach

Member Number: 292

Cats...are you for real! Is that all you really have...a bunch of stupid pics and that Carson was drafted #1 and won the heisman. Maybe, instead of living in his college days, you might want to wake up and wonder if he will ever live up to his hype-I know I would be if I were in your situation.
To me Ben has proven a lot to me in his rookie season. He faced some of the best teams in the league and won. He proved he was able to come back from behind, he made some huge plays for us, converted many crucial 3rd downs. This kid was a rookie with a limited playbook and made things happen. Yes, it's no secret, he didn't do it by himself. He came into a perfect situation for him surrounded by the top running game and defense in the league. He lost one game, and yes it was his biggest game, but he now has the experience of the playoffs, will have an expanded playbook, more options to throw too, the same running game, and defense with an improved secondary, and a winning franchise. I personally think, he will once again, be just fine-and I would take that anyday over a first round pick that has a Heisman at home and a supporting cast and franchise that has not been able to finish over 8-8 since 1990 (9-7) anyday!

To be fair, I really do think Carson will have a good career in the NFL, but no, right now I do not see him being better than Big Ben!
Old 06-17-2005, 01:58 AM   #26
Go_Cats
Bench Warmer

Member Number: 418

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigBen2Ward
What about Carson choking 8 times last year, or is it that you can't choke if you were never good to begin with. Which one is it?

Ben outplayed Carson in every way last year and you know it......you reek of jealousy!

Go back to the Bungleboro and pray that Carson will ever be as good as Ben is or was last season. Carson will never lead the Bengals to a 15 and 1 record......bottom line!
He didn't choke in 8 games last year, the defense let us down not Carson, its like saying Trent Green is the reason the chiefs went 7-9...
Old 06-17-2005, 02:39 AM   #27
Go_Cats
Bench Warmer

RoethlisBURGHER say that after looking at these stats:
-------------------

*Multiply by 1.1875 b/c Carson missed 3 games

2897*1.1875=3440
18*1.1875=22

---------------------------------
Carson Palmer

Passing yards: 3440
TD's: 22
INT's: 18
RAT: 78

Peyton Manning-1998

Yards: 3739
TD's: 26
INT's: 28
RAT: 71.5

Big Ben

Yards: 2621
TD's: 17
INT's: 11

Not only that, but Carson got better as the season drew on, his last 4 starts he averaged 105 QB rating against the 1st, 15th, 9th and 6th rated defenses, including a 382 yard, 24 point come from behind victory over the jailbirds. On the other hand, Big Ben's rating plummeted to 61.3 the last 2 games against the 7th and 9th rated defenses respectively. Throwing for a maximum of just over 200 yards.

Last edited by Go_Cats; 06-17-2005 at 02:49 AM.
Go_Cats is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2005, 02:44 AM   #28
Go_Cats
Bench Warmer

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigBen2Ward
When you go from this.....

To this.....

To This!!!

You know you are a BUST!

And when you go 8 and 8.....You know you are an average QB at best.

And when you are a Bengals fan tryin to dis the Steelers.....You know you are an idiot.
Thats pretty funny actually :D
Old 06-17-2005, 03:04 AM   #29
Go_Cats
Bench Warmer

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigbensgirl7
Cats...are you for real! Is that all you really have...a bunch of stupid pics and that Carson was drafted #1 and won the heisman. Maybe, instead of living in his college days, you might want to wake up and wonder if he will ever live up to his hype-I know I would be if I were in your situation.
To me Ben has proven a lot to me in his rookie season. He faced some of the best teams in the league and won. He proved he was able to come back from behind, he made some huge plays for us, converted many crucial 3rd downs. This kid was a rookie with a limited playbook and made things happen. Yes, it's no secret, he didn't do it by himself. He came into a perfect situation for him surrounded by the top running game and defense in the league. He lost one game, and yes it was his biggest game, but he now has the experience of the playoffs, will have an expanded playbook, more options to throw too, the same running game, and defense with an improved secondary, and a winning franchise. I personally think, he will once again, be just fine-and I would take that anyday over a first round pick that has a Heisman at home and a supporting cast and franchise that has not been able to finish over 8-8 since 1990 (9-7) anyday!

To be fair, I really do think Carson will have a good career in the NFL, but no, right now I do not see him being better than Big Ben!
I agree on some of what you said, its mostly a well thought out post, but lets be real here, what exactly did Big Ben prove? He only threw over 200 yds 4 times in the regular season, and the big games, the two against NE and and Philly he didn't even break 200 yds passing. The playoffs, he finally had to throw, his rating plummeted to 60 , so I'm really confused by what you think he proved last year.
Old 06-17-2005, 03:47 AM   #30
Prosdo
Banned

Member Number: 86

Quote:
Originally Posted by Go_Cats
I agree on some of what you said, its mostly a well thought out post, but lets be real here, what exactly did Big Ben prove? He only threw over 200 yds 4 times in the regular season, and the big games, the two against NE and and Philly he didn't even break 200 yds passing. The playoffs, he finally had to throw, his rating plummeted to 60 , so I'm really confused by what you think he proved last year.
He was a rookie who went 15-1. That means nothing? Pittsburgh is not a big throwing team. We have traditionally been a running team. We usually don't carry the huge throwing stats like other teams. Ben was warn out by the playoffs and nervous. The thing I am trying to stress is Ben is a rookie who went 15-1. He made it to the playoffs and lead his team. Was he alone in this? No, what quarterback ever is? He did great. Most veterans would loved to have gone 15-1. The real test for Ben is this upcoming season. He will prove what kind of quarterback he is going to evolve to. I have faith in him that he will do well.
Prosdo is offline   Reply With Quote