Why register with the Steelers Fever Forums?
 • Intelligent and friendly discussions.
 • It's free and it's quick. Always.
 • Enter events in the forums calendar.
 • Very user friendly software.
 • Exclusive contests and giveaways.

Donate to Steelers Fever, Click here
 Our 2014 Goal: $450.00 - To Date: $450.00 (100.00%)
 Home | Forums | Editorials | Shop | Tickets | Downloads | Contact Pittsburgh Steelers Forum Feed Not Just Fans. Hardcore Fans.

Go Back   Steelers Fever Forums > Steelers Football > Pittsburgh Steelers

Steelers Fever Fan Shop

Doc's Sports Get FREE NFL Picks and College Football picks as well as Football Lines like live NFL Lines and updated NFL Power Rankings all at Doc's Sports Service.

Steelers

An important history lesson for you TRUE Steelers fans!

Old 11-27-2012, 09:34 AM   #31
maddog78
Assistant Coach

Member Number: 24321
Default Re: Draft based on...?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darkstorm05 View Post
First three rounds, I take a RB, Safety, and maybe another CB or D-Lineman. The O-Line has injuries, but it will come together. Around 4th round, QB, then somewhere at the bottom we need a kicker to compete with Suisham.

Going forward, We pass on Wallace and promote Sanders. Maybe keep Plax one more year if Gilreath doesn't show any flashes.

Mendy is gone, and I clean out most of the other backs. I would keep 1 from Redman, Dwyer, or Batch. It really doesn't matter too much which one, because they're all shit in their own special way.

I expect Troy to retire, or at least get a pay cut, because he hasn't been worth half of his paycheck for the past year and a half. Same with Harrison, but he only started to suck this year. Hampton gone for sure, along with Charlie Batch, who belongs in the Smithsonian.
I think Dwyer could be a feature back if given the carries. He's got two 100-yard games this year, one last year, and two more this year (Balt and Den) where he was on his way but had his carries limited to 9 and 12.
maddog78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2012, 12:55 PM   #32
bhandsome08
Water Boy

Member Number: 24495
Default Re: Draft based on...?

There's at least 9-10 LBs that are projected as 1st rounders. I think they get one of those LBs. So I doubt the Steelers waste a 1st pick on a RB... doubt they even pick one up in the draft. The current RBs are young enough to improve, So I wouldn't want to draft a RB who would be a "project" at best. Wouldn't want to draft a back up QB either, since they signed Hoyer. Maybe draft a tall WR in the Later rounds, if Wallace Doesn't resign.

Priorities are S, OLB & ILB I'd think.
bhandsome08 is offline   Reply With Quote