Why register with the Steelers Fever Forums?
 • Intelligent and friendly discussions.
 • It's free and it's quick. Always.
 • Enter events in the forums calendar.
 • Very user friendly software.
 • Exclusive contests and giveaways.

Donate to Steelers Fever, Click here
 Our 2013 Goal: $400.00 - To Date: $00.00 (00.00%)
 Home | Forums | Editorials | Shop | Tickets | Downloads | Contact Pittsburgh Steelers Forum Feed Not Just Fans. Hardcore Fans.

Go Back   Steelers Fever Forums > Steelers Football > Pittsburgh Steelers

Steelers Fever Fan Shop

Doc's Sports Get FREE NFL Picks and College Football picks as well as Football Lines like live NFL Lines and updated NFL Power Rankings all at Doc's Sports Service.

Steelers Steelers - Bills Bills
August 16th, 2014, 7:30pmET

CBS

Old 11-26-2012, 04:50 PM   #11
The_Joker
Team President

Member Number: 24540
Thanked 1,028 Times in 562 Posts
My Mood: Devilish
Default Re: Ben Roethlisberger close to return

If Ben returns next week, make sure he lets go of the ball ASAP.

Also, we do need to investigate our conditioning coach. Adams is going to be an essential O-Lineman, and he needs to be healthy.
The_Joker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2012, 05:48 PM   #12
Edman
Living Legend

Member Number: 3261
My Mood: Brooding

Ben shouldn't play next week.
Edman is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2012, 06:00 PM   #13
zcoop
Assistant Coach
Supporter

Member Number: 20513

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fire Arians View Post
don't rush him back, i'd rather take a losing season than ben get his career/life ended
This^. If he's not healthy, don't rush him back like we did last year. Even though we're in a pickle with the back up situation, we have to play the hand dealt.
zcoop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2012, 06:10 PM   #14
Atlanta Dan
Resigned
Supporter

Member Number: 728
Thanked 6,095 Times in 2,809 Posts

Agree with everyone who says Ben should sit outthe Ravens game

One definition of insanity is doing the same thing repeatedly and expecting a different result

Tomlin gambled on a hobbled Ben playing through the bad ankle in San Francisco last year and ended up still losing the game while wrecking Ben for the rest of the season

Steelers need to win 4 of their last 5 to make the playoffs (with the must win being the Benglas game) - with a healthy Ben they will be favored in the 3 home games and I like their chances in Dallas - with a hobbled Ben it is one and done in the playoffs
Atlanta Dan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2012, 06:23 PM   #15
tony hipchest
IRONMAN a.k.a. Tony Stark

Member Number: 658
Thanked 6,635 Times in 2,878 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quackjack View Post
If Ben returns next week, make sure he lets go of the ball ASAP.

Also, we do need to investigate our conditioning coach. Adams is going to be an essential O-Lineman, and he needs to be healthy.
did you see adams get his leg rolled up on? how does a conditioning coach prevent that? how does a conditioning coach prevent m. gilbert crashing into 3 teammates knees or ryan clarks repeated concussions? how will a conditioning coach protect bens ribs?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Atlanta Dan View Post

One definition of insanity is doing the same thing repeatedly and expecting a different result

Tomlin gambled on a hobbled Ben playing through the bad ankle in San Francisco last year and ended up still losing the game while wrecking Ben for the rest of the season

Steelers need to win 4 of their last 5 to make the playoffs (with the must win being the Benglas game) - with a healthy Ben they will be favored in the 3 home games and I like their chances in Dallas - with a hobbled Ben it is one and done in the playoffs
ravens want no part of a healthy ben in the playoffs and will be looking to end his season (and possibly career) with some extra "hot sauce" if they see him next week.
Old 11-26-2012, 06:40 PM   #16
Edman
Living Legend

Member Number: 3261
My Mood: Brooding

Quote:
Originally Posted by Atlanta Dan View Post

With a Healthy Ben, Brown and the Defense playing the way it has been, this team will go on a run and go deep in the postseason, more than likely meet Baltimore a third time (This time in their house) and end their season again. Without a Healthy Ben, the Steelers are not getting past Denver/New England, or more likely jeopardize his season/career and miss the playoffs entirely.

If Tomlin even CONSIDERS starting Ben, I'm calling for his head.

Let him sit. Think for the long term. Take our lumps here and get back in gear. Sit Ben and get him ready for San Diego.
Edman is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2012, 10:52 PM   #17
Lady Steel
Living Legend
Supporter

Member Number: 16396
Thanked 5,267 Times in 2,040 Posts
My Mood: Angelic

Quote:
Originally Posted by tony hipchest View Post
ravens want no part of a healthy ben in the playoffs and will be looking to end his season (and possibly career) with some extra "hot sauce" if they see him next week.

I'm scared that is exactly what will happen if Ben plays this Sunday. We need him long-term.
Lady Steel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2012, 10:58 PM   #18
teegre
Living Legend
Supporter

Member Number: 24108
Thanked 18,664 Times in 7,879 Posts
My Mood: Dead

Quote:
That is EXACTLY what I've been thinking.

Suggs hold BB up; Ngata lifts BB's arm; and then some scrub, third-string DB rams his helmet into BB's ribs... and the scrub DB gets suspended (who cares?) and BB is out for the season.
teegre is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2012, 12:23 AM   #19
Hawaii 5-0
Armchair QB
Supporter

Member Number: 24013
Thanked 9,981 Times in 4,272 Posts
My Mood: Happy

Ben Roethlisberger: It’s killing me to watch

Posted by Josh Alper on November 26, 2012

Sunday morning brought a report that Steelers quarterback Ben Roethlisberger would start soft tossing on Monday in hopes of getting on the field for next Sunday’s matchup with the Ravens.

That reports came before the Steelers turned the ball over eight times and lost 20-14 for the Browns. The loss means that the Ravens can knock them out of the race for the division title with a win in Week 13 and the play of the offense made it clear that a loss is the likeliest outcome if Roethlisberger can’t return. Roethlisberger said Sunday that he’s going to give it his best shot.

“I’m going to try,” Roethlisberger said, via Ron Cook of the Pittsburgh Post-Gazette. “It’s killing me to watch.”

He’s not alone. The Steelers have scored just 17 points on offense in the two games that Roethlisberger’s missed with rib and shoulder injuries.

One member of the Ravens is pretty sure that he’ll be seeing Roethlisberger on the field in Baltimore next week.

“I don’t know what kind of medicine the Steelers will put Ben Roethlisberger on this week, but they’re going to give him something,” Ravens running back Ray Rice said, via Peter King in his Monday Morning Quarterback column for SI.com.

The decision on Roethlisberger will likely come down to the wire and the same is true of the Steelers’ chances of making the playoffs if they aren’t able to snap their two-game skid against the AFC North leaders.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com...g-me-to-watch/
Old 11-27-2012, 06:52 AM   #20
maddog78
Assistant Coach

Member Number: 24321

Quote:
did you see adams get his leg rolled up on? how does a conditioning coach prevent that? how does a conditioning coach prevent m. gilbert crashing into 3 teammates knees or ryan clarks repeated concussions? how will a conditioning coach protect bens ribs?
Yeah, was going to ask the same thing. Is there strength training, though, that may help strengthen joints to protect against injuries? I can't believe we're the only team that gets guys rolled up on.

I also think our OL are too fat and slow. Once they get knocked off their feet, it's like a large building collapsing under its own weight.

Might just be that we have a lot of frail guys. It's a trait. Franco was durable, Greg Hawthorne, not so much. Left falls down in the end zone and separates his shoulder. Like Mr. Glass in that M Night movie.
maddog78 is offline   Reply With Quote