Why register with the Steelers Fever Forums?
 • Intelligent and friendly discussions.
 • It's free and it's quick. Always.
 • Enter events in the forums calendar.
 • Very user friendly software.
 • Exclusive contests and giveaways.

Donate to Steelers Fever, Click here
 Our 2014 Goal: $450.00 - To Date: $450.00 (100.00%)
 Home | Forums | Editorials | Shop | Tickets | Downloads | Contact Pittsburgh Steelers Forum Feed Not Just Fans. Hardcore Fans.

Go Back   Steelers Fever Forums > Steelers Football > Pittsburgh Steelers

Steelers Fever Fan Shop

Doc's Sports Get FREE NFL Picks and College Football picks as well as Football Lines like live NFL Lines and updated NFL Power Rankings all at Doc's Sports Service.

Steelers Fever Presents...
Bills
GAMEDAY
September 11, 2014, 8:25pm ET
CBS

Old 11-26-2012, 05:21 PM   #1
rd31669
Water Boy

Member Number: 9386
Default Playoff probabilities

All the negative talk needs to be balanced with the reality that we are currently in the playoffs and control our own destiny and are getting our franchise qb back. Would love to hear some people play out scenarios for these final 5 games and who you expect to see in January ....

I think the following will play out backed by some Vegas probability

Ravens wk 13. L

San Diego wk 14 W. by then I think we are in must win mode and have a healthy D and Ben fully back. I think we crush the Chargers at home

Dallas wk 15. W. our D is too much for a weak Dallas team

Cincy wk 16. W. at home with a playoff feel I think we pull out a classic and fan confidence is up after this W

Clev wk 17. No way no how we lose 2 to the lowly browns

10-6 will get us a 5 seed and probably see New England or Denver on the road. Tough games but we can hang with either team.

Smells like 2005 to me .....

RVD

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD
rd31669 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2012, 05:27 PM   #2
AndyWitmyer
Assistant Coach

Member Number: 14802
Default Re: Playoff probabilities

At this point, I give the Steelers a slim chance to get into the playoffs. Even when some of our injured players get back on the field, this team would still be a hot mess. The lack of stability...the lack of conditioning...the lack of consistent play...I'm not saying its impossible, but I'm just saying...I'm not going to bet my 401k on the chance that the this might snatch a 6th seed opportunity. Still...stranger things have happened!

And even if this season ends up being a failure...I'll always love the Steelers...records and playoffs be damned!
Old 11-26-2012, 05:32 PM   #3
Fire Arians
Anti-Spammer Mod

Member Number: 16570
Thanked 6,397 Times in 2,722 Posts
My Mood: Yeehaw

we 'should' beat the browns the 2nd time, and we 'should' beat the cowboys and bengals, and we 'should' beat san diego.

we also 'should' have beat the titans, raiders, and browns the 1st time. big ben 'should' have driven down the field and won the game vs denver instead of throwing a pick 6. our special teams 'should' have not given up a punt return against the ravens

none of the games on the schedule should be marked as a W yet, 1 week at a time, we'll worry about playoffs if/when they're there. With that said, we also can't mark any game as an L yet. We still have to play the game on sunday vs the ravens
Fire Arians is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2012, 05:32 PM   #4
AndyWitmyer
Assistant Coach

A quasi-repeat of 2005 would be awesome. Extraordinarily unlikely, but awesome nonetheless. The Steelers were the first 6th seed team to go all the way...and only one other team has managed to pull off the same feat. I would be very, very impressed if the Steelers somehow managed to pull that off again (for Steelers fans, that year may very well have been a once-in-a-generation anomaly) - but I guess if any team could do it again, it may as well be the Steelers!
Old 11-26-2012, 05:35 PM   #5
StainlessStill
Living Legend
Supporter

Member Number: 12999
Thanked 1,365 Times in 566 Posts

To be fair, Andy, I don't think the "stranger things have happened" statement needs to be said with our team. We WILL have Ben back eventually, along with Brown and Troy. We are beat to death with injuries, one being our entire offensive line and one being our elite, franchise QB, but yet, only lost the past two NORTH games by a grand total of 9 points. That's separated by one LOUSY possession in each game!

Buffalo, N.Y.J and Miami fans should be saying "stranger things have happened" not us.

That said, we can probably only afford to lose one as long as being "comfortable" goes, 2 at the MOST with a little panic involved. I see 9 or 10 wins getting us in.
AndyWitmyer (11-26-2012)
Old 11-26-2012, 05:38 PM   #6
AndyWitmyer
Assistant Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fire Arians View Post
we 'should' beat the browns the 2nd time, and we 'should' beat the cowboys and bengals, and we 'should' beat san diego.

we also 'should' have beat the titans, raiders, and browns the 1st time.
Someone posted some sort of statistical record showing that since 2000, this team fails to make it to the playoffs like what...once every three years? I'm too lazy to look up the pattern, but it seems to work like clockwork. If the pattern holds, this year will end up will see a Steelers team sitting at home during the playoffs. Coincidence or not - It's certainly looking like that's going to be the case!
Old 11-26-2012, 05:39 PM   #7
cubanstogie
Head Coach

Member Number: 3082

I would bet Steelers get a wild card. Indy has to face Houston twice. I say they lose both. They will beat KC, probabley Tennessee and I see them losing to Detroit this week. I think at worst we go 3-2 and sneak in. Indy quite possibly could lose in Arrowhead as well.
cubanstogie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2012, 05:43 PM   #8
AndyWitmyer
Assistant Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by StainlessStill View Post
To be fair, Andy, I don't think the "stranger things have happened" statement needs to be said with our team. We WILL have Ben back eventually, along with Brown and Troy. We are beat to death with injuries, one being our entire offensive line and one being our elite, franchise QB, but yet, only lost the past two NORTH games by a grand total of 9 points. That's separated by one LOUSY possession in each game!

Buffalo, N.Y.J and Miami fans should be saying "stranger things have happened" not us.

That said, we can probably only afford to lose one as long as being "comfortable" goes, 2 at the MOST with a little panic involved. I see 9 or 10 wins getting us in.
In that context, yeah - and I agree. But I have this annoying tendency of being something of a cold-hearted realist. You're right, though...with Ben, Brown and Troy back, we'll certainly be in a better spot. But, the way this season's going...I kinda have to wonder who's going to be injured next? And even with those three back, there's no guarantee that the chemistry will pick up where it left off prior to Ben's absence (I felt that it was starting to click). Trust me, though - I want to believe!
Old 11-26-2012, 05:47 PM   #9
cubanstogie
Head Coach

Member Number: 3082

Just lookedd at Cincy's schedule. That game is basically a playoff game. They could easily go 4-1, they play Baltimore in week 17 and Rattirds prolly won't have anything to play for.
cubanstogie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2012, 06:45 PM   #10
The_Joker
Team Owner

Member Number: 24540
Thanked 1,199 Times in 641 Posts
My Mood: Devilish

We need to win out here, above poster is right, Cincy has an EASY path, we do not. I almost guarentee we will be fighting for our spot against Cincy.
The_Joker is offline   Reply With Quote