Why register with the Steelers Fever Forums?
 • Intelligent and friendly discussions.
 • It's free and it's quick. Always.
 • Enter events in the forums calendar.
 • Very user friendly software.
 • Exclusive contests and giveaways.

Donate to Steelers Fever, Click here
 Our 2014 Goal: $450.00 - To Date: $450.00 (100.00%)
 Home | Forums | Editorials | Shop | Tickets | Downloads | Contact Pittsburgh Steelers Forum Feed Not Just Fans. Hardcore Fans.

Go Back   Steelers Fever Forums > Steelers Football > Pittsburgh Steelers

Steelers Fever Fan Shop

Doc's Sports Get FREE NFL Picks and College Football picks as well as Football Lines like live NFL Lines and updated NFL Power Rankings all at Doc's Sports Service.

Steelers Bucs

Old 12-01-2012, 10:24 PM   #31
SteelersCanada
Living Legend
Supporter

Member Number: 24400
Thanked 10,388 Times in 4,381 Posts
Default Re: Playoff probabilities

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ravens1 View Post
Crush the Chargers at home? You almost go beat by KC at home! More realistic is...

Ravens
Chargers
Cowboys
Bengals
Browns
Loss, Loss, Loss, Loss, Loss = 6 and 10 season. Skewered and Fried.
Why? Why are you even on here?

See, I thought it was just to talk shit. But, it's more than that. I think you're scared. I think you saw how the Ravens play on the road, and if they have to go against a team like New England in the playoffs, you're fucked three ways from Sunday. I think you're trying to convince yourself that the Ravens are a good team and deserve to be 9-2, despite almost losing to Dallas, Kansas City and San Diego. Talk all the shit you want about us losing to Oakland, Tennessee and Cleveland, but you lost to Philadelphia - another 3 - 8 team.

You barely squeaked by a Steelers team without Polamalu, Brown and Byron Leftwich by three points. Your "dominant" play makers on defense were AWOL all night and Flacco was, well, Flacco.

I wouldn't put my faith in the kid from Delaware if I were you. I mean, he hasn't won dick all in the playoffs in terms of meaningful games, let alone beating the Steelers in the playoffs - something he'll never accomplish. It doesn't matter if we lose tomorrow, because when we see you in the playoffs, we're going to rip the fucking roof off M&T with a healthy Ben - that is, unless Brady gets the pleasure of doing it first. I hope not, because I'd love to see Johnny's face as his team doesn't do anything in the playoffs again.

So, talk your shit. We don't have to - we know we're the better team and we're going to show you why tomorrow.
SteelersCanada is online now   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to SteelersCanada For This Useful Post:
tburhans (12-01-2012)
Old 12-01-2012, 11:06 PM   #32
aa14
Banned

Member Number: 24529
My Mood: In Love

Quote:
Originally Posted by SteelersCanada View Post
Why? Why are you even on here?

See, I thought it was just to talk shit. But, it's more than that. I think you're scared. I think you saw how the Ravens play on the road, and if they have to go against a team like New England in the playoffs, you're fucked three ways from Sunday. I think you're trying to convince yourself that the Ravens are a good team and deserve to be 9-2, despite almost losing to Dallas, Kansas City and San Diego. Talk all the shit you want about us losing to Oakland, Tennessee and Cleveland, but you lost to Philadelphia - another 3 - 8 team.

You barely squeaked by a Steelers team without Polamalu, Brown and Byron Leftwich by three points. Your "dominant" play makers on defense were AWOL all night and Flacco was, well, Flacco.

I wouldn't put my faith in the kid from Delaware if I were you. I mean, he hasn't won dick all in the playoffs in terms of meaningful games, let alone beating the Steelers in the playoffs - something he'll never accomplish. It doesn't matter if we lose tomorrow, because when we see you in the playoffs, we're going to rip the fucking roof off M&T with a healthy Ben - that is, unless Brady gets the pleasure of doing it first. I hope not, because I'd love to see Johnny's face as his team doesn't do anything in the playoffs again.

So, talk your shit. We don't have to - we know we're the better team and we're going to show you why tomorrow.
Talking smack about someone's record because they played close games is ridiculous. Especially when your team has an inferior record. Pre-empting rebuttal by pointing out losses to horrible teams doesn't exude much confidence. We're 9-2. Deal with it.
aa14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2012, 11:15 PM   #33
cubanstogie
Head Coach

Member Number: 3082

Quote:
Originally Posted by aa14 View Post
Talking smack about someone's record because they played close games is ridiculous. Especially when your team has an inferior record. Pre-empting rebuttal by pointing out losses to horrible teams doesn't exude much confidence. We're 9-2. Deal with it.
actually its pretty relevant. When you get to playoffs your record is erased. To think you are going to convert a 4th and 26 to win a game in playoffs is delusional. Then again when your bar is set at winning the division you guys don't even need to worry about the playoffs. Steelers bar is always set higher than the turds.
cubanstogie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2012, 01:23 AM   #34
aa14
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by cubanstogie View Post
To think you are going to convert a 4th and 26 to win a game in playoffs is delusional. Then again when your bar is set at winning the division you guys don't even need to worry about the playoffs. Steelers bar is always set higher than the turds.
I have absolutely no idea what you're babbling about. 4th and 26? Setting the bar at a division crown? Who said that?
Old 12-02-2012, 06:59 AM   #35
The_Joker
Team Owner

Member Number: 24540
Thanked 1,477 Times in 765 Posts
My Mood: Devilish

Quote:
Originally Posted by aa14 View Post
I have absolutely no idea what you're babbling about. 4th and 26? Setting the bar at a division crown? Who said that?
Let me re-iterate.

He says we will whip your asses sooner or later.

Peace.
The_Joker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2012, 08:29 AM   #36
LayingTheWoodley56
Starter

Member Number: 19023

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ravens1 View Post
Crush the Chargers at home? You almost go beat by KC at home! More realistic is...

Ravens
Chargers
Cowboys
Bengals
Browns
Loss, Loss, Loss, Loss, Loss = 6 and 10 season. Skewered and Fried.
The definition of a loser is someone who goes on another team's forum to talk shit. And you have 33 posts here, that is pathetic. I'm not saying my life is unbelievably busy or anything, but whatever time you took out of yours to post here 33 times would have been much better spent doing anything else. You clowns are lucky you didn't get beat by Byron freaking Leftwich and had the tables been turned and Flacco was out vs. a healthy Ben y'all would have been smoked out of the building.

As for the original topic of this thread, we're still in OK shape, win or lose today (and in all likelihood, barring some huge points from defense/special teams, this may be an L) we have 4 games that we will be favored in down the stretch. All can be W's if Ben comes back, and we can probably afford one loss, even. Dec. 23rd against Cincy is shaping up to be bigger than any of us could have imagined.
LayingTheWoodley56 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2012, 12:27 PM   #37
aa14
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by LayingTheWoodley56 View Post
And you have 33 posts here, that is pathetic. I'm not saying my life is unbelievably busy or anything, but whatever time you took out of yours to post here 33 times would have been much better spent doing anything else.
This easily has to be one of the dumbest arguments I've ever read. You're calling out posters for having a two digit post count? I've seen guys take gruff from people for having thousands of posts... but thirty-three? Really?

Anyways, I still think you guys make the playoffs after we beat you today. I think you'll then receive an early and hasty exit from Manning & Co.
Old 12-02-2012, 01:24 PM   #38
RichardCullinanForever
Draft Prospect

Member Number: 18924

I think it's funny: If Ben didn't get hurt, I think there's a very good chance we beat both the Ravens and the Browns. We'd be sitting at 8-3, with the division in the bag with a win today. And perhaps even a first round bye.

But in reality, our QB got hurt and now we're a 6-5 team, perhaps a 6-6 team after today.

Now, I wouldn't call myself overly confident, but I do know what this team is capable of. We hung in there against the Broncos (our offense looked really flat that game - probably because it was Todd's first game). We handedly beat the Giants. We would have (woulda coulda shoulda) beaten the Ravens with a healthy Ben.

That being said, I also know how bad this team can play. Take the Tenn game and the Oakland game for example. We have a history of playing down to our competition. Even the Broncos game last year showed our weakness and stubbornness as a team (even though we were injured).

I am saying that this group of guys is certainly capable of running the table once we get Ben back, sneaking into the playoffs as a 5/6th seed, and making it all the way to 47. But just because we're capable doesn't mean it's going to happen. I have hope, but I also have some concern. Enough of this rant. Go Steelers.
RichardCullinanForever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2012, 01:30 PM   #39
RichardCullinanForever
Draft Prospect

Member Number: 18924

Quote:
Originally Posted by steeltheone View Post
Be realistic...we have beat 1 playoff team all year...
We were 2-4 against playoff teams in the 2005 regular season. Just saying.
RichardCullinanForever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2012, 06:40 PM   #40
austinfrench76
Head Coach

Member Number: 3516

To answer the thread question -JUST GOT BETTER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Here we go Steelers, here we go!!
austinfrench76 is online now   Reply With Quote