Why register with the Steelers Fever Forums?
 • Intelligent and friendly discussions.
 • It's free and it's quick. Always.
 • Enter events in the forums calendar.
 • Very user friendly software.
 • Exclusive contests and giveaways.

Donate to Steelers Fever, Click here
 Our 2014 Goal: $450.00 - To Date: $450.00 (100.00%)
 Home | Forums | Editorials | Shop | Tickets | Downloads | Contact Pittsburgh Steelers Forum Feed Not Just Fans. Hardcore Fans.

Go Back   Steelers Fever Forums > Steelers Football > Pittsburgh Steelers

Steelers Fever Fan Shop

Doc's Sports Get FREE NFL Picks and College Football picks as well as Football Lines like live NFL Lines and updated NFL Power Rankings all at Doc's Sports Service.

Steelers

View Poll Results: Should Ben play this week against the Ravens
Yes, even if he is not 100%, if he can play - he should 21 35.00%
No, he should rest and play the following week 39 65.00%
Voters: 60. You may not vote on this poll

Old 11-27-2012, 08:45 AM   #31
steelfury02
Wing Kong Exchange - CEO
Supporter

Member Number: 6076
Thanked 4,455 Times in 2,116 Posts
My Mood: Fine
Default Re: Should Ben play hurt against the Ravens?

Quote:
Originally Posted by TRH View Post
depends on "how hurt" he is.
If he's 90%, i have no issue with him coming back. All Haley has to do is call all pass plays as quick slants and releases (dink and dunks), where he's getting rid of the ball within 2 seconds.
The problems will arise if he's allowed to just sit back in the pocket - which we don't want him to do. This can be fairly easy to accomodate.
that's hoping that Ben isn't too sore to get it out that quickly - that requires some quick motion

Look into my eyes
SF Haters
steelfury02 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to steelfury02 For This Useful Post:
TRH (11-27-2012)
Old 11-27-2012, 09:30 AM   #32
ETL
Team President
Supporter

Member Number: 14528

Bengals will go 1-4 or 2-3. At best they go 3-2. Which means they are 9-7. If one of those losses are against us then they are finished

Miami will go 2-3 or 3-2 at best with two games left against the pats and one in candlestick. They are at best 8-8.

Tennessee can go 4-1 or 3-2 so at best they finish 8-8

Chargers can go 4-1 or 5-0. If they beat the Steelers they can finish 9-7 and the Steelers can finish with the same record if they lose to the Chargers and lose the tie breaker as well. That's why it was important for the chargers to lose to the ravens and it is important for the Steelers to beat the chargers in Heinz on 12/9.

At this point, the chargers are our only threat
Old 11-27-2012, 09:39 AM   #33
steelfury02
Wing Kong Exchange - CEO
Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by ETL View Post
Bengals will go 1-4 or 2-3. At best they go 3-2. Which means they are 9-7. If one of those losses are against us then they are finished

Miami will go 2-3 or 3-2 at best with two games left against the pats and one in candlestick. They are at best 8-8.

Tennessee can go 4-1 or 3-2 so at best they finish 8-8

Chargers can go 4-1 or 5-0. If they beat the Steelers they can finish 9-7 and the Steelers can finish with the same record if they lose to the Chargers and lose the tie breaker as well. That's why it was important for the chargers to lose to the ravens and it is important for the Steelers to beat the chargers in Heinz on 12/9.

At this point, the chargers are our only threat
Da Chargers are heya

Look into my eyes
SF Haters
Old 11-27-2012, 09:39 AM   #34
Darkstorm05
Team Captain

Member Number: 19897

Why is this even being questioned? The only way the Ravens game is even relevant is if we win out, and they go like 1-4 the rest of the way. There is no way in hell that happens, so we're wild card. And you would risk Ben for the season, maybe even his career, for that? No thanks.
Darkstorm05 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Darkstorm05 For This Useful Post:
steelfury02 (11-27-2012)
Old 11-27-2012, 10:09 AM   #35
ETL
Team President
Supporter

Member Number: 14528

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darkstorm05 View Post
Why is this even being questioned? The only way the Ravens game is even relevant is if we win out, and they go like 1-4 the rest of the way. There is no way in hell that happens, so we're wild card. And you would risk Ben for the season, maybe even his career, for that? No thanks.
Agree with you 1000%
Old 11-27-2012, 11:00 AM   #36
LVSteelersfan
Living Legend

Member Number: 6620
My Mood: Yeehaw

Sorry, but if he is healthy enough to play, he needs to play. We have 4 losses to AFC teams this year. We will lose every tiebreaker there is out there if we lose a 5th AFC game. If he doesn't play, the team is basically toast for the rest of the season any way. Might as well shut him down for the rest of the season to heal up completely.

COACH - Breakfast of Champions !!!
LVSteelersfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2012, 11:05 AM   #37
LVSteelersfan
Living Legend

Member Number: 6620
My Mood: Yeehaw

People are crazy if they think the Bungles will go 1-4 in their last 5. They are on a roll and kicking butt. If we get beat by the Ratbirds again and the Bungles win this week we are officially third place, they are on a roll and will go all out to beat us when we play them again. Everyone seems to think that we can't lose against the Chargers, Cowboyrs, Bungles and Clowns. Sorry, but any one of those teams can easily have a good game and clean our clocks. I predict Dallas is going to have one of their huge games at home, we are going to suck on the road as usual, and they are going to kick our butt all over the field. If Ben can play, he has to play.

COACH - Breakfast of Champions !!!
LVSteelersfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2012, 11:12 AM   #38
Rotorhead
Head Coach
Supporter

Member Number: 703
My Mood: Relaxed

Well, it is very possible that Balty loses to Denver and NY. If we can pull off the upset, it is possible that Cincy is playing for their playoff lives and could pull off the upset. So it is not out of the realm of possibility (given how poorly/lucky the Ravens wins have come) to have them lose 4 of the next 5. It is unlikely, but maybe some of their luck can run out.
Rotorhead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2012, 11:14 AM   #39
steelfury02
Wing Kong Exchange - CEO
Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by LVSteelersfan View Post
People are crazy if they think the Bungles will go 1-4 in their last 5. They are on a roll and kicking butt. If we get beat by the Ratbirds again and the Bungles win this week we are officially third place, they are on a roll and will go all out to beat us when we play them again. Everyone seems to think that we can't lose against the Chargers, Cowboyrs, Bungles and Clowns. Sorry, but any one of those teams can easily have a good game and clean our clocks. I predict Dallas is going to have one of their huge games at home, we are going to suck on the road as usual, and they are going to kick our butt all over the field. If Ben can play, he has to play.
I don't see the Bengals winning out. I see it coming down to our game with them and we WILL prevail.

I think we can afford to lose to Baltimore, but that's it. There is no guarantees that having Ben back will equal a victory. What if we lose AND he is toast? I'd rather save him for the last 4. But again, nothing is certain. Who knows what this team will be like even if Ben comes back. This team hasn't had a chance to gel since the 2010 season - even then we were rotating the O-line.

Look into my eyes
SF Haters
Old 11-27-2012, 11:20 AM   #40
torpedoshell31
Bench Warmer

Member Number: 24438

"The Fan" reported this morning that tomorrow Ben is going to try and do some soft toss with the football. Only trying soft toss 4 days before playing the Ravens means that there is no chance he is going to play or should play.
Besides we have Charlie who throws "soft toss" for the entire game.
torpedoshell31 is offline   Reply With Quote