Why register with the Steelers Fever Forums?
 • Intelligent and friendly discussions.
 • It's free and it's quick. Always.
 • Enter events in the forums calendar.
 • Very user friendly software.
 • Exclusive contests and giveaways.

Donate to Steelers Fever, Click here
 Our 2014 Goal: $450.00 - To Date: $450.00 (100.00%)
 Home | Forums | Editorials | Shop | Tickets | Downloads | Contact Pittsburgh Steelers Forum Feed Not Just Fans. Hardcore Fans.

Go Back   Steelers Fever Forums > Steelers Football > Pittsburgh Steelers

Steelers Fever Fan Shop

Doc's Sports Get FREE NFL Picks and College Football picks as well as Football Lines like live NFL Lines and updated NFL Power Rankings all at Doc's Sports Service.

Steelers

LOL

Old 11-29-2012, 03:43 AM   #61
steeltheone
Living Legend
Supporter

Member Number: 6351
Default Re: Mendenhall demoted … Wallace close, too

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rotorhead View Post
Steeltheone, how many time are you going to bring up that stupid argument about mendy having more yards and tds, he was the starter, i imagine he will have more yards, dwyer and redman have not been the starter for several years. This is the stupidest argument i have seen and you continually bring it up. If the other 2 are the starters the would have the numbers and not mendy.
There is a reason the other 2 have not been starters. lack of talent, injuries, combination of both.

Mendy is not a superstar but, he has put up numbers. And with a crappy line.
Old 11-29-2012, 07:46 PM   #62
Hawaii 5-0
Armchair GM
Supporter

Member Number: 24013
Thanked 13,711 Times in 5,636 Posts
My Mood: Amazed

Go Mendenhall and take Wallace with you

by Jon Pennline

published by Sports Talk Radio on Mon, 11/26/2012

Goodbye Rashard Mendenhall and while you're at it, take Mike Wallace with you.

The Steelers need a real running back whose not afraid to get hit and wont shoot his mouth off every few weeks on Twitter. Your four injury plagued years have helped minimally while you continue to fumble your way back onto the bench.

Heading into yesterday's game, your offense had a plan to pound the football with you leading the charge. Against one of the league's worst rushing defenses, you were supposed to lead the way and make life easy on your 100 year old quarterback.

Instead, you fumbled the ball twice, losing one of those fumbles which led directly to Cleveland's first score of the game. Your team had a lead and momentum until you carelessly lost the ball, similar to what Mike Wallace did in Baltimore the week before.

Speaking of Mike Wallace, pack your bags as well.

Want to know the difference between you and some of the players you want to be in the same pay grade with? They fight for the ball and they make the difficult plays. Sure, Calvin Johnson, Andre Johnson, and Larry Fitzgerald are physically bigger, but they also hustle to the ball and fight for every target. Oh, and they rarely ever fumble, especially in crucial games. You've had quite a few drops this season but none more painful than the one yesterday that led to an interception.

On top of that, your attitude towards getting a new contract, combined with your poor performance this season ensures that you will either A) make significantly less money than you wanted with the Steelers, or, B) make significantly less money than you wanted with someone else. No one is going to pay $100 million for a receiver that only runs in a straight line, can't adjust to the ball, and wont fight for every play. Not even the Washington Redskins.

But at least you have options. Rashard Mendenhall, on the other hand, is going to be handled as an undrafted free agent. The size and talent are there but the toughness is questionable and the health is unreliable. Gone are the days of you being used as a feature back when you were drafted in the first round out of Illinois, Rashard. Enjoy being a poor man's Ron Dayne or Derrick Ward on a team that needs an extra running back.

The Steelers had holes to fill coming into this season. Thanks to you two, it looks like there will be two more positions added to the list. Wallace, you're nothing but a one-trick pony as Mike Tomlin stated months ago. You may want big time money and you may consider yourself part of the "Young Money Family" but both of those players have passed you up and you're going to be hard pressed to find a team with enough cap space to meet your demands.

As for Mendenhall, I have two words for you: Tim Worley.

http://sportstalk.triblive.com/conte...u-jon-pennline
Old 11-30-2012, 01:29 AM   #63
Hawaii 5-0
Armchair GM
Supporter

Steelers notebook: RB Mendenhall not worried about fumbles

By Alan Robinson
Published: Wednesday, November 28, 2012

Newly demoted running back Rashard Mendenhall isn’t upset at being called a backup. But he dislikes being labeled as a fumbler, even after losing the ball twice in Cleveland.

The former first-round draft pick fumbled only six times in his first 819 carries; he has three in his last 28 carries.

“That is not something I question myself on. I know the way I secure the ball, so I don’t really worry about it,” Mendenhall said.

He can become a free agent after this season, but he’s not worried about the fumbles affecting his market value. “I really don’t think about,” he said.

• To receiver Antonio Brown, the most frustrating part of missing three games with a high ankle sprain was watching the offense produce only one touchdown each game. He went through a full practice Wednesday and expects to play in Baltimore. “No question, it’s hard when you watch your teammates and you can’t get out there,” Brown said. “I think everyone is frustrated coming off back-to-back losses for the first time since I’ve been here. Everyone should be frustrated.”

• Mike Wallace, whose production has dropped with Brown out, said he wasn’t told of his demotion to co-starter by coach Mike Tomlin until he arrived for practice Wednesday. Tomlin told reporters the day before. “It wasn’t that long ago I heard,” Wallace said. “It doesn’t matter (who told him) because I know now.” Wallace had 18 catches in the past three games Brown played; he has eight catches for 48 yards in his most recent three games. He isn’t certain whether he or Emmanuel Sanders will start Sunday. “If I am out there, I will give it everything I’ve got,” Wallace said.

• Rookie right guard David DeCastro is on the active roster for the first time since injuring his right knee Aug. 25 in Buffalo, and he said sitting out for so long was “really difficult.” He expects to be a backup for now.

• Brian Hoyer is ready to go only a week after joining the Steelers. Tomlin said Hoyer’s role, if necessary, could be expanded this week beyond that of emergency quarterback. “I don’t think they would have signed me if they didn’t think I could go in,” said Hoyer, Tom Brady’s former backup in New England. “It’s not like I’m fresh out of college, I’ve been the backup to a pretty good quarterback for three years. When it gets down to it, football is football. The terminology might be different, the schemes might be different, but you’ve got to go out there and play.”

• Running backs coach Kirby Wilson’s reaction to the five fumbles in Cleveland? Beyond anger. “Oh man, he was (ticked),” running back Isaac Redman said. “After (Jonathan) Dwyer’s fumble, Kirby was all out of energy. He just came to the sideline (and said), ‘Y’all going to make me go with (Chris) Rainey! I’m going to do it! I’m not scared to do it! I’m going to do it!’” Rainey indeed went into the game — and fumbled twice as a receiver.

• Nose tackle Casey Hampton’s traditional pregame meal in Baltimore isn’t eaten at the team hotel. It’s served up in a wrapper courtesy of a Ravens fans. “There’s a fan there — I don’t know his name — he brings me a hot dog,” Hampton said. “He takes care of me. That’s my guy.” Doesn’t the oversized Hampton worry his pregame treat might be, uh, tainted? “After I first couple of times, seeing there was nothing wrong with it. … It’s pretty good,” he said. “I eat it plain. I don’t want to upset my stomach too much.”

• Just like Ben Roethlisberger, Troy Polamalu didn’t talk to reporters Wednesday. Unlike Roethlisberger, he went through a full practice — his first since Oct. 5. Ryan Clark, the other starting safety, expects him to play. Even if Polamalu isn’t 100 percent — his torn calf kept him out for seven games — his presence could provide a lift. “He does a great job of communicating (with) the other defensive backs and getting them all coordinated on the same page. He’s a guy you really have to track,” Ravens coach John Harbaugh said. One surprising statistic: Polamalu has no interceptions against the Ravens in 14 regular-season games.

http://triblive.com/home/3032963-74/...#ixzz2DgHwP8jn
Old 11-30-2012, 08:42 PM   #64
ChristianKustomz
Starter

Member Number: 24383

The real problem is even when Big Ben was playing Wallace was still playing high school ball and Mendenhall too. They are not worth the money they are getting paid. They have performed very poorly this entire season and I don't see them getting better. I say demote them, fire them, turn them into water boys it doesn't really matter to me but just keep their hands off the ball and off the field...oh wait...their hands don't touch the ball...and that's the problem.
ChristianKustomz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2012, 10:52 AM   #65
sloppyjoe
Bench Warmer

Member Number: 24256

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hawaii 5-0 View Post

By Alan Robinson

Newly demoted running back Rashard Mendenhall isn’t upset at being called a backup. But he dislikes being labeled as a fumbler, even after losing the ball twice in Cleveland.

The former first-round draft pick fumbled only six times in his first 819 carries; he has three in his last 28 carries.

“That is not something I question myself on. I know the way I secure the ball, so I don’t really worry about it,” Mendenhall said.

He can become a free agent after this season, but he’s not worried about the fumbles affecting his market value. “I really don’t think about,” he said.

• To receiver Antonio Brown, the most frustrating part of missing three games with a high ankle sprain was watching the offense produce only one touchdown each game. He went through a full practice Wednesday and expects to play in Baltimore. “No question, it’s hard when you watch your teammates and you can’t get out there,” Brown said. “I think everyone is frustrated coming off back-to-back losses for the first time since I’ve been here. Everyone should be frustrated.”

• Mike Wallace, whose production has dropped with Brown out, said he wasn’t told of his demotion to co-starter by coach Mike Tomlin until he arrived for practice Wednesday. Tomlin told reporters the day before. “It wasn’t that long ago I heard,” Wallace said. “It doesn’t matter (who told him) because I know now.” Wallace had 18 catches in the past three games Brown played; he has eight catches for 48 yards in his most recent three games. He isn’t certain whether he or Emmanuel Sanders will start Sunday. “If I am out there, I will give it everything I’ve got,” Wallace said.

• Rookie right guard David DeCastro is on the active roster for the first time since injuring his right knee Aug. 25 in Buffalo, and he said sitting out for so long was “really difficult.” He expects to be a backup for now.

• Brian Hoyer is ready to go only a week after joining the Steelers. Tomlin said Hoyer’s role, if necessary, could be expanded this week beyond that of emergency quarterback. “I don’t think they would have signed me if they didn’t think I could go in,” said Hoyer, Tom Brady’s former backup in New England. “It’s not like I’m fresh out of college, I’ve been the backup to a pretty good quarterback for three years. When it gets down to it, football is football. The terminology might be different, the schemes might be different, but you’ve got to go out there and play.”

• Running backs coach Kirby Wilson’s reaction to the five fumbles in Cleveland? Beyond anger. “Oh man, he was (ticked),” running back Isaac Redman said. “After (Jonathan) Dwyer’s fumble, Kirby was all out of energy. He just came to the sideline (and said), ‘Y’all going to make me go with (Chris) Rainey! I’m going to do it! I’m not scared to do it! I’m going to do it!’” Rainey indeed went into the game — and fumbled twice as a receiver.

• Nose tackle Casey Hampton’s traditional pregame meal in Baltimore isn’t eaten at the team hotel. It’s served up in a wrapper courtesy of a Ravens fans. “There’s a fan there — I don’t know his name — he brings me a hot dog,” Hampton said. “He takes care of me. That’s my guy.” Doesn’t the oversized Hampton worry his pregame treat might be, uh, tainted? “After I first couple of times, seeing there was nothing wrong with it. … It’s pretty good,” he said. “I eat it plain. I don’t want to upset my stomach too much.”

• Just like Ben Roethlisberger, Troy Polamalu didn’t talk to reporters Wednesday. Unlike Roethlisberger, he went through a full practice — his first since Oct. 5. Ryan Clark, the other starting safety, expects him to play. Even if Polamalu isn’t 100 percent — his torn calf kept him out for seven games — his presence could provide a lift. “He does a great job of communicating (with) the other defensive backs and getting them all coordinated on the same page. He’s a guy you really have to track,” Ravens coach John Harbaugh said. One surprising statistic: Polamalu has no interceptions against the Ravens in 14 regular-season games.

http://triblive.com/home/3032963-74/...#ixzz2DgHwP8jn

are there really any of you out there stupid enough to believe this POS?
sloppyjoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2012, 11:05 AM   #66
cbrunn
Starter

Member Number: 23984

The hate on Wallace is strong
cbrunn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2012, 11:26 AM   #67
WVABE
Team Captain

3D Field Goal - Pro Champion! 3D Field Goal - All Pro Champion!
Member Number: 24111

He's afraid of chipping a nail to go out of the way to catch a ball.
WVABE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2012, 02:34 PM   #68
ricardisimo
Administrator

Member Number: 15369

Quote:
Originally Posted by sloppyjoe View Post
are there really any of you out there stupid enough to believe this POS?
I'm sure you can find a nicer way of phrasing this.
Old 12-02-2012, 05:13 PM   #69
Hawaii 5-0
Armchair GM
Supporter

wow, Mendy's stock just keeps falling.

he is on the inactive list today and didn't even get to dress...
Old 12-02-2012, 05:35 PM   #70
TheVet
Assistant Coach

Space Invaders Champion! Snake Champion! Simon Champion! Speartoss 5 Shots Champion!
Member Number: 24040

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hawaii 5-0 View Post

By Alan Robinson

"What, not me, I don't have a fumbling problem."

TheVet is offline   Reply With Quote