Why register with the Steelers Fever Forums?
 • Intelligent and friendly discussions.
 • It's free and it's quick. Always.
 • Enter events in the forums calendar.
 • Very user friendly software.
 • Exclusive contests and giveaways.

Donate to Steelers Fever, Click here
 Our 2014 Goal: $450.00 - To Date: $450.00 (100.00%)
 Home | Forums | Editorials | Shop | Tickets | Downloads | Contact Pittsburgh Steelers Forum Feed Not Just Fans. Hardcore Fans.

Go Back   Steelers Fever Forums > Steelers Football > Pittsburgh Steelers

Steelers Fever Fan Shop

Doc's Sports Get FREE NFL Picks and College Football picks as well as Football Lines like live NFL Lines and updated NFL Power Rankings all at Doc's Sports Service.

Steelers

LOL

Old 11-28-2012, 11:29 AM   #41
lipps83
Assistant Coach

Member Number: 17725
Default Re: Antonio Brown overrated

Quote:
Originally Posted by SteelersCanada View Post
Point me to a number two receiver in a brand new system playing without his franchise quarterback while also missing games himself that will get those numbers. It's ok, I'll wait.

No one is saying that. Brown isn't getting those numbers because he's not our number one receiver. In fact, Wallace almost had those exact numbers last year - something to take into consideration.
I agree with you. I was being sarcastic. Sorry if it didn't come across correctly. I guess I could have worded it differently.
lipps83 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2012, 11:30 AM   #42
lipps83
Assistant Coach

Member Number: 17725

Quote:
Originally Posted by steelfury02 View Post
I don't give a shit what his stats are. Catch the fucking ball and make an effort to come back to it when it isn't thrown to you 100% perfectly. Especially do it to convert, in crucial situations, and late in the season - something he hasn't done consistently enough. That would be fine if he was actually GIVING A SHIT. He doesn't. You can put TD stats and equate number of yardage = good to great receiver. It doesn't matter - you can't count on him anymore. That is intangible, but is far more important.
I was talking about Brown, not Wallace. Unless you are referring to Brown?
lipps83 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2012, 11:31 AM   #43
Lokki
Jerkimus Maximus
Supporter

Member Number: 17947
Thanked 3,647 Times in 1,250 Posts
My Mood: Cold

Quote:
Originally Posted by steeltheone View Post
Mike Wallace gets slaughtered on these boards and sometimes for good reason! But Browns stats are very average, and certainly not number 1 wideout numbers.
Old 11-28-2012, 11:35 AM   #44
Lokki
Jerkimus Maximus
Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Terminator View Post
Antonio Brown is much better when it comes to YAC and crucial 3rd drive conversions, but his red zone threat level is pretty damn low.
Everyone in the NFL and watching the NFL knows that our red zone threat is Heath Miller. However with Plax in the mix now, he can be a big target in the red zone as well.
Old 11-28-2012, 12:11 PM   #45
lardlad
Bench Warmer

Member Number: 10897
My Mood: Amazed

I seem to remember Suggs saying last year the one they were most worried about was Brown. Not Ben, not Wallace and not even Miller. Not saying he is better than anyone of those guys, but they schemed around shutting him down because he kills opponents on 3rd down. Sure he isn't the best receiver in the history of the NFL but he is by far the best on the Steelers roster right now.

I think what Steeler fans recognize with Brown is that he does all this with less talent than other receivers. He is quick but not fast, he is not tall, he isn't very physical, he does have good hands, but he plays with a lot of heart and will catch the ball anywhere. If the ball isn't right in Wallace's hands, he seems disinterested. At least that is the perception, right or wrong. These things won't show up in stats, that is where the gap is between his stats and his worth.

Besides that, I think the bad opinion of Wallace is more about disappointment than anything. I think people expected a whole lot more, and it is perceived (again right or wrong) that he is allowing talent to be wasted.
lardlad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2012, 12:21 PM   #46
Edman
Living Legend

Member Number: 3261
My Mood: Brooding

Arguing with a Mike Wallace supporter is like talking to a wall. You're not getting anywhere. Mike Wallace is the reason why It's more important to WATCH the game, and not Fantasy Football Land.
Edman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2012, 12:24 PM   #47
desertsteel
Assistant Coach

Member Number: 915

Haters are gonna hate... that's all this thread is about. 1000 receiving yards and 1000 return yards are not good enough for the OP.... well that speaks more to the OP's intelligence level than anything else. Obviously, the Pro Bowl voters know a thing or two about exceptional play.
desertsteel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2012, 12:25 PM   #48
Lokki
Jerkimus Maximus
Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by lardlad View Post

I think what Steeler fans recognize with Brown is that he does all this with less talent than other receivers. He is quick but not fast, he is not tall, he isn't very physical, he does have good hands, but he plays with a lot of heart and will catch the ball anywhere.
That also describes Wes Welker. I don't think anyone here would complain if we brought Welker in. He's not listed as #1 in NE either, but you know damn well that Brady is looking at Wes & Gronk first.
Old 11-28-2012, 12:34 PM   #49
steeltheone
Living Legend
Supporter

Member Number: 6351

Quote:
Originally Posted by StainlessStill View Post
You realize he didn't even see the field in 95% of the 4 games he played in the post-season, right? You know he was our 6th WR in Super Bowl XLV, right? You know he was our 4th WR last year until late in the season, right?

And after all that, he still had one of the most clutch catch's against his helmet on 3rd and 19 against Baltimore in '10 to send us off to the Championship game. He's had VERY FEW chances to really do anything in the playoffs. His career is JUST BEGINNING so this thread is absurd as it gets! BTW: 5 catch's for 70 yards is good production.

Get Ben back healthy, along with AB's scat-like style and this offense is ALL AROUND.
So let me get this right ... You want to pay a guy 8 million a year to give you 490 yards and 1 touchdown in 8 games all with BR 7 ??? Those are not good enough for that money.

His performance as well as Wallace was not good enough in Denver last year.
Old 11-28-2012, 12:37 PM   #50
LVSteelersfan
Living Legend

Member Number: 6620
My Mood: Yeehaw

Ridiculous thread. I really, really have wanted Wallace to step it up as the season goes along. He just seems to get worse and worse instead. We lost to the damn Clowns because he let one bounce off his hands to be intercepted. He has dropped pass after pass after pass this season. A number one wide receiver catches every ball thrown his way if it hits him in the hands. Brown catches those passes. Wallace, not so much. I am very ambivalent about Mike Wallace right now. He can stay or he can leave. I could care less either way. He is not doing himself any favors right now. Brown is not overrated. He is not the number one receiver and he is making the catches a number two is supposed to. And some.

COACH - Breakfast of Champions !!!
LVSteelersfan is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to LVSteelersfan For This Useful Post:
SteelCity4Life (11-29-2012)