Why register with the Steelers Fever Forums?
 • Intelligent and friendly discussions.
 • It's free and it's quick. Always.
 • Enter events in the forums calendar.
 • Very user friendly software.
 • Exclusive contests and giveaways.

 Donate to Steelers Fever, Click here
 Our 2014 Goal: $450.00 - To Date: $450.00 (100.00%)
 Home | Forums | Editorials | Shop | Tickets | Downloads | Contact Pittsburgh Steelers Forum Feed Not Just Fans. Hardcore Fans.

Go Back   Steelers Fever Forums > Steelers Football > Pittsburgh Steelers


Steelers Fever Fan Shop

Doc's Sports Get FREE NFL Picks and College Football picks as well as Football Lines like live NFL Lines and updated NFL Power Rankings all at Doc's Sports Service.

Steelers Fever Presents...

Steelers Panthers

GAMEDAY
Sunday, September 21, 8:30 PM
NBC
Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 11-28-2012, 05:46 PM   #1
cbrunn
Starter
 

Join Date: Mar 2012
Posts: 632
Member Number: 23984
Thanks: 116
Thanked 265 Times in 194 Posts
Default Rolando McClain anybody???

Raiders released him ... Him and Timmons would sure up our ILB for years ... and would take a semi need off the draft board ..


buttttttttt he is a knuckle head and comes with Baggage .... I would sign him though, in a heart beat... let him play special teams and learn how a real team operates ... then bring him back next year if shows he's hungry

Very Low Risk , Very High Reward to me

cbrunn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2012, 06:09 PM   #2
tony hipchest
IRONMAN a.k.a. Tony Stark
 
tony hipchest's Avatar
 

Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: Give me back my game...
Posts: 39,253
Member Number: 658
Thanks: 1,900
Thanked 8,159 Times in 3,479 Posts
Default Re: Rolando McClain anybody???

just like babin, he will go on waivers and another team with a higher waiver claim will claim him.

sounds like he's headed down the maybin/gholston avenue to success, anyways.
__________________
tony hipchest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2012, 06:10 PM   #3
Fire Haley
Banned
 

Join Date: Oct 2005
Posts: 10,359
Member Number: 763
Thanks: 53
Thanked 1,098 Times in 768 Posts
Default Re: Rolando McClain anybody???

nah, we're eating shoe leather as it is

did you know Beachum is our starting RT?
Fire Haley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2012, 06:25 PM   #4
cbrunn
Starter
 

Join Date: Mar 2012
Posts: 632
Member Number: 23984
Thanks: 116
Thanked 265 Times in 194 Posts
Default Re: Rolando McClain anybody???

Quote:
Originally Posted by Killer View Post
nah, we're eating shoe leather as it is

did you know Beachum is our starting RT?
What does that have to do with signing a ILB?? ... they have like 4 on the roster , release one of them and grab him up ...

nothing to do with a RT ... if you want a RT who's available ??? ... i don't see what any of that has to do with McClain

yeah your right Tony somebody with higher waiver will probably claim him first
cbrunn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2012, 06:48 PM   #5
Fire Haley
Banned
 

Join Date: Oct 2005
Posts: 10,359
Member Number: 763
Thanks: 53
Thanked 1,098 Times in 768 Posts
Default Re: Rolando McClain anybody???

Like LeBeau would ever have them sign a FA linebacker to come jump in and play his defense..... phhhhthp

you really think so?

If they had any dimes to rub together I'd think they be looking OL first, that's what I say.
Fire Haley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2012, 06:54 PM   #6
Hawaii 5-0
Armchair GM
Supporter
 
Hawaii 5-0's Avatar
 

Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: The Aloha State
Posts: 9,242
Gender: Male
Member Number: 24013
Thanks: 8,296
Thanked 10,968 Times in 4,647 Posts
My Mood: Mellow
Default Re: Rolando McClain anybody???

Quote:
Originally Posted by Killer View Post
Like LeBeau would ever have them sign a FA linebacker to come jump in and play his defense..... phhhhthp
not to mention that it would take McClain at least two years to learn LeBeau's complicated defensive schemes...
__________________
Hawaii 5-0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2012, 07:11 PM   #7
Fire Haley
Banned
 

Join Date: Oct 2005
Posts: 10,359
Member Number: 763
Thanks: 53
Thanked 1,098 Times in 768 Posts
Default Re: Rolando McClain anybody???

meanwhile.....


Mike Adams is going to be out awhile

Adams has been diagnosed with a high ankle sprain

http://www.rotoworld.com/content/pla...=249335&spln=1


-------------------------

tape it, rub some dirt on it, be back in 3-4 weeks.....GIGGTY
Fire Haley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2012, 07:15 PM   #8
Riddle_Of_Steel
Head Coach
 
Riddle_Of_Steel's Avatar
 

Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: Escondido, CA
Posts: 1,918
Gender: Male
Member Number: 13727
Thanks: 2
Thanked 837 Times in 420 Posts
Default Re: Rolando McClain anybody???

Beachum looked better than Adams did.
__________________
GO STEELERS!!
"On the S-2-7 train"
Riddle_Of_Steel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2012, 07:16 PM   #9
SteelersCanada
Living Legend
Supporter
 
SteelersCanada's Avatar
 

Join Date: Sep 2012
Posts: 7,555
Member Number: 24400
Thanks: 5,601
Thanked 9,999 Times in 4,255 Posts
Default Re: Rolando McClain anybody???

Why wouldn't we take a shot at him? I mean, he was an absolute stud in college. Give him an offseason to learn the book and have him compete for the ILB job. I don't understand this fanbase and our need to sign squeaky clean players - why? If guys are good enough and have truly moved on from their mistakes and have the will and ability to learn and adapt with a new team, why wouldn't we sign a player? Plus, he played for Oakland - the black hole of shit for players but when they come out, they have the chance to play well.

I say we give him a shot and let him, Spence and a draft pick compete for the job. He did play at 'Bama and showed some serious potential while there - there's no reason for us not to bring him in. It's not like the veterans of that locker room would tolerate him if he went back to his old bullshit habits and work ethic.

We're too hard on guys.

edit - Give a 7th rounder for him and see what he can do under a defensive coordinator that knows what he's doing and veteran leadership under guys like Timmons and Woodley. I'm tellin' ya, I don't think he's a huge bust. I think the Steelers could turn him into something.
SteelersCanada is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to SteelersCanada For This Useful Post:
cbrunn (11-28-2012), MDSteel15 (11-29-2012)
Old 11-28-2012, 07:58 PM   #10
cbrunn
Starter
 

Join Date: Mar 2012
Posts: 632
Member Number: 23984
Thanks: 116
Thanked 265 Times in 194 Posts
Default Re: Rolando McClain anybody???

Quote:
Originally Posted by SteelersCanada View Post
Why wouldn't we take a shot at him? I mean, he was an absolute stud in college. Give him an offseason to learn the book and have him compete for the ILB job. I don't understand this fanbase and our need to sign squeaky clean players - why? If guys are good enough and have truly moved on from their mistakes and have the will and ability to learn and adapt with a new team, why wouldn't we sign a player? Plus, he played for Oakland - the black hole of shit for players but when they come out, they have the chance to play well.

I say we give him a shot and let him, Spence and a draft pick compete for the job. He did play at 'Bama and showed some serious potential while there - there's no reason for us not to bring him in. It's not like the veterans of that locker room would tolerate him if he went back to his old bullshit habits and work ethic.

We're too hard on guys.

edit - Give a 7th rounder for him and see what he can do under a defensive coordinator that knows what he's doing and veteran leadership under guys like Timmons and Woodley. I'm tellin' ya, I don't think he's a huge bust. I think the Steelers could turn him into something.
That's exactly what I'm saying ... if he messes up, you just cut him ... not like he's going to be expensive ... and his potential is through the ceiling

Let him play ST this year (not like we couldn't use the help) ... and let the organization and veterans show him how to be a true professional ... if he shows he's up for it, bring him back

that's very low risk , very high reward
cbrunn is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 05:50 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Shoutbox provided by vBShout v6.2.1 (Lite) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2014 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.
User Alert System provided by Advanced User Tagging v3.0.8 (Lite) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2014 DragonByte Technologies Ltd. Runs best on HiVelocity Hosting.
Navbar with Avatar by Motorradforum
no new posts