Why register with the Steelers Fever Forums?
 • Intelligent and friendly discussions.
 • It's free and it's quick. Always.
 • Enter events in the forums calendar.
 • Very user friendly software.
 • Exclusive contests and giveaways.

Donate to Steelers Fever, Click here
 Our 2014 Goal: $450.00 - To Date: $450.00 (100.00%)
 Home | Forums | Editorials | Shop | Tickets | Downloads | Contact Pittsburgh Steelers Forum Feed Not Just Fans. Hardcore Fans.

Go Back   Steelers Fever Forums > Steelers Football > Pittsburgh Steelers

Steelers Fever Fan Shop

Doc's Sports Get FREE NFL Picks and College Football picks as well as Football Lines like live NFL Lines and updated NFL Power Rankings all at Doc's Sports Service.

Steelers

Old 04-11-2013, 12:21 AM   #121
StevieRayVol
Draft Prospect

Member Number: 24064
Default Re: Rolando McClain anybody???

McClain is a thug. Hell he even wore a house arrest bracelet while in "HIGH SCHOOL". Not to mention all that crap he got into in Alabama when he was playing for the Raiders. That guy is a POS.
Old 04-11-2013, 02:50 AM   #122
Hawaii 5-0
Armchair GM
Supporter

Member Number: 24013
Thanked 14,594 Times in 5,991 Posts
My Mood: Happy

Quote:
Originally Posted by StevieRayVol View Post
McClain is a thug. Hell he even wore a house arrest bracelet while in "HIGH SCHOOL". Not to mention all that crap he got into in Alabama when he was playing for the Raiders. That guy is a POS.
sounds like he'll make a perfect Felon...
Old 04-11-2013, 04:00 AM   #123
bornaSteelersfan
Starter
Supporter

Now that The Ravens signed him, all he needs is to be involved in a murder and he will officially replace Ray Lewis. It seems he is already well on his way with that "gangsta" attitude.
Old 04-11-2013, 02:17 PM   #124
tanda10506
Team President

Member Number: 17319

Damn, every body is beginning to get better in FA except us. With Kruger and Lewis gone, and the losses at Safety, I thought the Ravens would not be able to bounce back. Now with McClain, Dummerville, and Suggs, their defense is looking strong again. Relying on the draft only isn't working out for us, we need to be able to sign FA's or we will be in for a longer recovery.
Old 04-11-2013, 02:24 PM   #125
Rabbit
Starter
Supporter

Member Number: 24863
My Mood: Flirty

you say that as if McClain was any good

he's a complete liability in coverage. two down thumper at best with multiple legal issues. meh.
Rabbit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2013, 06:48 PM   #126
silver & black
Team President

Member Number: 1836

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rabbit View Post
you say that as if McClain was any good

he's a complete liability in coverage. two down thumper at best with multiple legal issues. meh.
Yea, I don't get where so many people think he was/is a good player. College isn't the NFL. Was he out of position in Oakland? Yes. Did he try to progress as a MLB? No. He was lazy, took plays off, couldn't cover for shit, was slow, and the biggest problem..... he's no kind of leader at all. Not on or off the field. I'm certainly not upset to see him gone.
silver & black is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to silver & black For This Useful Post:
harrison'samonster (04-12-2013), lloydwoodson (04-22-2013), Rabbit (04-12-2013)
Old 04-12-2013, 11:57 PM   #127
RavenManiac
Draft Prospect

Member Number: 11537

Quote:
Originally Posted by silver & black View Post
Yea, I don't get where so many people think he was/is a good player. College isn't the NFL. Was he out of position in Oakland? Yes. Did he try to progress as a MLB? No. He was lazy, took plays off, couldn't cover for shit, was slow, and the biggest problem..... he's no kind of leader at all. Not on or off the field. I'm certainly not upset to see him gone.
He is 23 years old. If you have started a single game by 23 years old, you are ahead of the curve of 95% of the league. Starting 38 games, amassing 6.5 sacks, 1 Int, 1 FF, 175 tackles, 70 assists before your 24th birthday means you are ahead of 99% of the league.

And let's face it, Oakland is a dysfunctional franchise. I don't think it is difficult to argue that a player is going to have a harder time playing up to their potential in such an environment. No offense intended, just stating the obvious, imo.

Of course, the off the field problems indicate the kid is indeed immature and not very bright. He clearly needs to shape up big time if he wants to accomplish anything meaningful in the league. And I think Ozzie Newsome has already made that crystal clear to Rolando, from one Tide alum to another.

The contract offered was negligible. If he acts up and squanders the opportunity to "start fresh" at age 23-24 and get his career back on track, then he is flat released with almost no damage done to the Ravens. It is not preordained that he even makes the team, though I suspect he will.

I am optimistic about his contributions in 2013, but I don't think anyone is relying on the fact he will play well. If he does, it is a bonus, if not, no worries.
RavenManiac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2013, 12:16 AM   #128
Bane
Head Coach

Member Number: 24775
Thanked 3,442 Times in 1,388 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by silver & black View Post
Agreed. If he was next to Ray Lewis, who would have busted his ass and pushed him to be great, then I think Rolando would have been an awesome signing and would have faith that he would turn out a good performance this year. Since Ray isn't there to push him, it's a low risk/high reward situation, where I think we could see either result.

Either way, his signing doesn't intimidate me as a Steelers fan.
Bane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2013, 07:32 AM   #129
IamTheSteelGod
Bench Warmer

Member Number: 1064
My Mood: Yeehaw

This has got bust written all over it along with Dumervil. Both will be average and hopefully we will be able to exploit the noobness.
Old 04-22-2013, 02:28 AM   #130
Hawaii 5-0
Armchair GM
Supporter

Member Number: 24013
Thanked 14,594 Times in 5,991 Posts
My Mood: Happy

Rolando McClain arrested in Alabama

Updated: April 22, 2013
ESPN.com news services

Baltimore Ravens linebacker Rolando McClain was arrested Sunday in Decatur, Ala., and charged with disorderly conduct and resisting arrest.

McClain was released after posting $1,000 bond, AL.com reported.

The Ravens signed McClain to a one-year contract April 12.

McClain has had a string of legal troubles in his hometown. He was involved in a shooting in Alabama in November 2011, when he left his former team, the Raiders, briefly during the season to attend a family funeral.

In May 2012, McClain was convicted of four misdemeanors -- reckless endangerment, menacing, third-degree assault and firing a gun in the city limits -- but he appealed the verdict and the charges were dropped when the accuser told prosecutors he no longer wanted to pursue the case.

On Jan. 8, McClain was arrested on charges of violating rules on car window tint and trying to lie to police about his identity.

McClain had a rough final season in Oakland, serving a two-game suspension for conduct detrimental to the team. He also was demoted from the starting lineup a month into the season because of his struggles in pass coverage and because Raiders coaches thought he tired too much playing every down.

In 41 career games with Oakland, the former first-round pick had 6.5 sacks, one interception, one forced fumble and no fumble recoveries, and he did little to help improve Oakland's struggling run defense.

http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/91...harged-alabama