Why register with the Steelers Fever Forums?
 • Intelligent and friendly discussions.
 • It's free and it's quick. Always.
 • Enter events in the forums calendar.
 • Very user friendly software.
 • Exclusive contests and giveaways.

Donate to Steelers Fever, Click here
 Our 2013 Goal: $400.00 - To Date: $00.00 (00.00%)
 Home | Forums | Editorials | Shop | Tickets | Downloads | Contact Pittsburgh Steelers Forum Feed Not Just Fans. Hardcore Fans.

Go Back   Steelers Fever Forums > Steelers Football > Pittsburgh Steelers

Steelers Fever Fan Shop

Doc's Sports Get FREE NFL Picks and College Football picks as well as Football Lines like live NFL Lines and updated NFL Power Rankings all at Doc's Sports Service.

Steelers Steelers - Referees    Browns

Old 11-28-2012, 08:00 PM   #11
cbrunn
Starter

Member Number: 23984
Default Re: Rolando McClain anybody???

Quote:
Originally Posted by Killer View Post
meanwhile.....

Mike Adams is going to be out awhile

Adams has been diagnosed with a high ankle sprain

http://www.rotoworld.com/content/pla...=249335&spln=1

-------------------------

tape it, rub some dirt on it, be back in 3-4 weeks.....GIGGTY

Yes Killer i agree the Oline needs help ... but what does that have to do with a former stud ILB being released and picked up by this team ( that has a decent need for a ILB after this year)?????? absolutely nothing

not like picking him up would stop them from picking up a Oline if one was available they liked ...

I'm saying drop one of the multiple LB's that don't play and bring aboard somebody that actually has potential to be a stuf
cbrunn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2012, 08:08 PM   #12
silver & black
Team President

Member Number: 1836

I've said enough about this on the "other site" if any of you care to take a look.

I'll just say............ If you get him, good luck to the Steelers and Rolando. I'm happy to see him gone.
silver & black is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2012, 08:50 PM   #13
PhantomJB93
Head Coach

Member Number: 13907
My Mood: Buzzed

Mcclain has been pretty much a bust with huge attitude problems. Not exactly the guy I want to bring in.

If anybody could get him to be what he was drafted to be it's LeBeau but it's not worth the baggage he carries.
PhantomJB93 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2012, 09:07 PM   #14
SteelersCanada
Living Legend
Supporter

Member Number: 24400
Thanked 9,081 Times in 3,893 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by PhantomJB93 View Post
Mcclain has been pretty much a bust with huge attitude problems. Not exactly the guy I want to bring in.

If anybody could get him to be what he was drafted to be it's LeBeau but it's not worth the baggage he carries.
What do you mean? I definitely think it's low risk, high reward with him. If he has attitude problems and poor work ethic, it'll be brought to light quickly and it'll make for a quick cut. However, if he's willing to work and play for this defense and lives up to his potential, then we just found our ILB and can save a draft pick fixing the position.

I'm actually curious to know what you mean by saying he might not be worth it. I swear I'm not being a dick even though I know that's how it's coming across.
SteelersCanada is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to SteelersCanada For This Useful Post:
MDSteel15 (11-29-2012)
Old 11-28-2012, 09:17 PM   #15
PhantomJB93
Head Coach

Member Number: 13907
My Mood: Buzzed

Quote:
Originally Posted by SteelersCanada View Post
What do you mean? I definitely think it's low risk, high reward with him. If he has attitude problems and poor work ethic, it'll be brought to light quickly and it'll make for a quick cut. However, if he's willing to work and play for this defense and lives up to his potential, then we just found our ILB and can save a draft pick fixing the position.

I'm actually curious to know what you mean by saying he might not be worth it. I swear I'm not being a dick even though I know that's how it's coming across.
I mean, the guy sounds like a everything we complain about with our own team. Not that the Raiders are a great program but he feels "too good" for his team and gave up on them before even finishing his third season in the league, that's not something I like to see in a player, especially one when it's coming from someone who's done nothing to earn ANY sense of entitlement. He's had trouble with the law and while I can't say for sure, he definitely doesn't come across as someone who works hard or leaves it all on the field, considering he's hardly played up to his draft status.

Everyone's always complaining about Wallace being lazy and giving no effort, or Santonio (or Antonio) being a diva, or Dwyer or Woodley not coming into camp in shape. I don't see why taking all of those bad traits I see complaints about and wrapping them all up into one player who's done next to nothing at the NFL level would make that person someone we should have on this team. If we traded a Super Bowl MVP and are about to let another really talented player who has proven himself go for thinking too much of himself and not giving enough effort, why should we sign this guy?
PhantomJB93 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2012, 09:42 PM   #16
SteelersCanada
Living Legend
Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by PhantomJB93 View Post
I mean, the guy sounds like a everything we complain about with our own team. Not that the Raiders are a great program but he feels "too good" for his team and gave up on them before even finishing his third season in the league, that's not something I like to see in a player, especially one when it's coming from someone who's done nothing to earn ANY sense of entitlement. He's had trouble with the law and while I can't say for sure, he definitely doesn't come across as someone who works hard or leaves it all on the field, considering he's hardly played up to his draft status.

If we traded a Super Bowl MVP and are about to let another really talented player who has proven himself go for thinking too much of himself and not giving enough effort, why should we sign this guy?
You're right. Players that put themselves above the team don't deserve to be playing the game at such a high level, but you have to take into account where he was playing. If he was playing for an organization like the Patriots or Packers this would hold true, but he was playing for the Raiders - an organization known for it's drama. First, he was playing under Davis and that organization and new head coaches every year he was there. That kind of atmosphere isn't exactly the best to bring a rookie into, let alone thrive and live up to his potential. I don't know whether or not it was him putting himself above the team, or just giving up because he was playing on such a poor team. That in it's own right is a problem, but an understandable one.

There were questions of his effort and those were valid - but I find it very difficult to blame him for not leaving it all on the field. He's playing on a defense that lost their one star and traded their picks away for ... Carson Palmer.

I don't know, maybe I'm being too light on him. It just seems like he wanted to get the fuck out of Oakland and seems relieved that he finally is. I think that if he were to come into Pittsburgh under LeBeau - or whoever is coordinator next year - and into a stable defense, he'd thrive. Maybe it's wishful thinking.
Old 11-28-2012, 09:50 PM   #17
Fire Arians
Anti-Spammer Mod

Member Number: 16570
Thanked 5,372 Times in 2,278 Posts
My Mood: Yeehaw

Quote:
Originally Posted by Killer View Post
Like LeBeau would ever have them sign a FA linebacker to come jump in and play his defense..... phhhhthp

you really think so?

If they had any dimes to rub together I'd think they be looking OL first, that's what I say.
like farrior? about mcclain, fuck yeah. but i doubt he will make it to us on the waiver wire.
Fire Arians is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2012, 09:55 PM   #18
SteelersCanada
Living Legend
Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fire Arians View Post
like farrior? about mcclain, fuck yeah. but i doubt he will make it to us on the waiver wire.
He's going to be released on Thursday. Give up a 2014 7th rounder for him and we'll see what this kid can do.
Old 11-28-2012, 09:56 PM   #19
Sharkissle29
Team President

Member Number: 910

Dude pointed a gun to someones head and told them he would kill them.

No thanks to Ray Lewis II
Old 11-28-2012, 10:03 PM   #20
SteelersCanada
Living Legend
Supporter

Rolando McClain wants off Oakland Raiders' roster

Linebacker Rolando McClain is lodged in the middle of an Oakland Raiders defense that ranks near the bottom of the NFL in most every major category. He sounds like a man who'd rather be anywhere else.

"Officially no longer an Oakland Raider!!" McClain wrote on his Facebook page Wednesday.

That flaming arrow sat in space for a few seconds before McClain clarified: "Well technically I am," he wrote. "But I'm mentally done. Just waiting on my papers."

Then: "It's out of my hands right now."

Then: "I'm gonna weigh my options. Looking forward to playing for an actual 'team.'"

Then: "I'd like to be anywhere besides here."

Ouch.

NFL Network's exhaustive Ian Rapoport first alerted us to McClain's riff before reporting that the Raiders said McClain is still on the team. The linebacker's representatives say they have not been notified. "McClain, apparently, disagrees," Rap Sheet tweeted.

Not a glowing endorsement of this year's Oakland Raiders, but it goes both ways. If he gets his wish, what team comes running after an average linebacker who airs his dirty laundry inside the walls of Mark Zuckerberg's kingdom?

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap100...raiders-roster

Yeah, it seemed like he wanted to get out of there quite a bit. Who can blame him, though?