Why register with the Steelers Fever Forums?
 • Intelligent and friendly discussions.
 • It's free and it's quick. Always.
 • Enter events in the forums calendar.
 • Very user friendly software.
 • Exclusive contests and giveaways.

Donate to Steelers Fever, Click here
 Our 2014 Goal: $450.00 - To Date: $450.00 (100.00%)
 Home | Forums | Editorials | Shop | Tickets | Downloads | Contact Pittsburgh Steelers Forum Feed Not Just Fans. Hardcore Fans.

Go Back   Steelers Fever Forums > Steelers Football > Pittsburgh Steelers

Steelers Fever Fan Shop

Doc's Sports Get FREE NFL Picks and College Football picks as well as Football Lines like live NFL Lines and updated NFL Power Rankings all at Doc's Sports Service.

Steelers Fever Presents...

Steelers Panthers

GAMEDAY
Sunday, September 21, 8:30 PM
NBC

Old 11-29-2012, 01:46 PM   #21
steeltheone
Living Legend
Supporter

Member Number: 6351
Default Re: Steelers Ravens take two

Quote:
Originally Posted by StainlessStill View Post
I'm not worried about the Steelers defense whatsoever. If anything, they will keep us in the game and we are certainly capable of forcing turnovers against Flacco. It's the decimated Steelers offensive line that worries me senseless. Even though the Browns have a flat out BETTER defense than the Ravens, if the Steelers can't get anything going and want to put the ball on the ground, say, 4 times, then the Ravens are more than capable of blowing us out early!
Are you sure the Browns are flat out better than the Ravens Defense? I'm not . It's always potential with the Browns, The Steelers would have made any defense look good with 8 turnovers.
Old 11-29-2012, 01:50 PM   #22
terpsnation
Draft Prospect

Member Number: 24505

Quote:
Originally Posted by steeltheone View Post
Are you sure the Browns are flat out better than the Ravens Defense? I'm not . It's always potential with the Browns, The Steelers would have made any defense look good with 8 turnovers.
It's a little hard to determine how good the Ravens defense is right now (by looking at stats at least). I mean, we looked absolutely terrible in the beginning of the season, then lost 3 of our main starters, and all of a sudden started performing far better.

The logic eludes me.
terpsnation is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2012, 01:51 PM   #23
Fire Arians
Anti-Spammer Mod

Member Number: 16570
Thanked 6,549 Times in 2,783 Posts
My Mood: Yeehaw

Quote:
they definitely have a better secondary. cleveland's actually got a tough defense. they just suck because they're getting no help from the offense
Fire Arians is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2012, 02:08 PM   #24
StainlessStill
Living Legend
Supporter

Member Number: 12999
Thanked 1,464 Times in 602 Posts

Quote:
From my observation, absolutely. The Browns came out week 1 against the Eagles and dominated Vick and the Eagles in the WORST way. They continued that dominance in basically every performance this season and that was WITHOUT Joe Haden in every other game here and there.

Going into the season, I said, point blank, that I was more worried about the Browns defense than the Ravens defense and I still feel that way. Fact of the matter, is that if the Browns has ANY surge on offense, they could be co-leaders with Baltimore right now quite easily. Their defense is the real deal. Baltimore has played better the past couple weeks, but there's holes to be had. Regardless, I think our defense has answered the bell and will be the best out of the other 3 in the division.
Old 11-29-2012, 02:11 PM   #25
steelfury02
Wing Kong Exchange - CEO
Supporter

Member Number: 6076
Thanked 4,029 Times in 1,946 Posts
My Mood: Fine

Quote:
Originally Posted by StainlessStill View Post
From my observation, absolutely. The Browns came out week 1 against the Eagles and dominated Vick and the Eagles in the WORST way. They continued that dominance in basically every performance this season and that was WITHOUT Joe Haden in every other game here and there.

Going into the season, I said, point blank, that I was more worried about the Browns defense than the Ravens defense and I still feel that way. Fact of the matter, is that if the Browns has ANY surge on offense, they could be co-leaders with Baltimore right now quite easily. Their defense is the real deal. Baltimore has played better the past couple weeks, but there's holes to be had. Regardless, I think our defense has answered the bell and will be the best out of the other 3 in the division.
I don't think the Ravens fans on here could argue that our defense didn't stop their O, butt cold. Turnovers would be nice - and, I think it would be a close 2nd requirement to the offense not turning over to win.

Look into my eyes
SF Haters
steelfury02 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2012, 03:06 PM   #26
JeromeBetties63
Team Captain

Member Number: 19049

Quote:
Originally Posted by steelfury02 View Post
Just no turnovers. That is it as far as I"m concerned. Move the chains - that is all that matters at this point.

You better believe it is going to be a field position battle - and they always mange to find a way to pin us. God forbid we start at least at the 30-40 for once.
Unless we got a new punter since last game, there is no way we are going to win the field position battle....GET SOMEONE WHO CAN PUNT THE FOOTBALL.
JeromeBetties63 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2012, 03:09 PM   #27
JeromeBetties63
Team Captain

Member Number: 19049

Quote:
Originally Posted by teegre View Post
I see (almost) a repeat of the last meeting. I see both offenses struggling, for different reasons:

BALT's offense will struggle, because PITT's defense is clicking.

PITT's offense will struggle, due to injuries.

I'm not "out" on Batch, but I'm also not as confident as I was of him last year. I think that if the Steelers can run the ball (which they did last meeting), Batch will only have to pass "just enough" to keep BALT's defense from stacking the box. [If turnover "force" Batch to HAVE to win the game, it'll be over.]

I see Haley learning from his previous mistake (he stopped calling run plays, once PITT crossed the 50 yard-line). I see Dwyer getting a ton of carries, for about 90 yards, setting up two FGs & a TD.

PITT 13
BALT 10
I am starting Dwyer in my fantasy league. Last time I started him he went over 100.
JeromeBetties63 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2012, 04:35 PM   #28
FrancoLambert
Team President

Member Number: 20827
Thanked 1,677 Times in 871 Posts
My Mood: Amazed

I'm very worried and not at all confident; too many questionable issues going on at the same time. QB, OL, RB.
FrancoLambert is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2012, 04:45 PM   #29
Ricco Suavez
Head Coach

Member Number: 7718

I was on here several weeks ago and I said then that the Browns defense was better than the Ravens, I believed it then and I believe it now. As for this game I am going to pick against the Steelers for only the second time I can remember. I can only hope this one turns out as well as the last time. The last time was in the 2005 playoffs against Indy and Peyton after they had killed us earlier in the year. Without Ben I have little confidence. Defense cannot win this one by themselves.
Ricco Suavez is offline   Reply With Quote