Why register with the Steelers Fever Forums?
 • Intelligent and friendly discussions.
 • It's free and it's quick. Always.
 • Enter events in the forums calendar.
 • Very user friendly software.
 • Exclusive contests and giveaways.

Donate to Steelers Fever, Click here
 Our 2014 Goal: $450.00 - To Date: $450.00 (100.00%)
 Home | Forums | Editorials | Shop | Tickets | Downloads | Contact Pittsburgh Steelers Forum Feed Not Just Fans. Hardcore Fans.

Go Back   Steelers Fever Forums > General Football > NFL Football

Steelers Fever Fan Shop

Doc's Sports Get FREE NFL Picks and College Football picks as well as Football Lines like live NFL Lines and updated NFL Power Rankings all at Doc's Sports Service.

Steelers Fever Presents...

Steelers Panthers

GAMEDAY
Sunday, September 21, 8:30 PM
NBC

Old 08-11-2006, 11:49 AM   #1
"NobodyBelievedInUsButUs"
Draft Prospect

Member Number: 2681
Default Most Overrated and Underrated players in the NFL...

Who in your opinion is the most overrated and underrated players in all of the NFL??

My Picks For AFC:
Overrated AFC-
1. Carson Palmer
Underrated AFC-
1. Hines Ward

Carson Palmer RIGHT NOW is overrated. I don't think its fair to be comparing him to Elway or Young, or Montanta yet! Yea, he won the Hiesman in college, I give him props. But we are not talking about college football, we are talking about the NFL. He had one breakout year in 2005, and all of the sudden he is being compared to every great quarterback in the NFL. Carson has great potential and I think will be a very good quarterback someday. But, right now he is overrated. Show me Carson that you can take the Bengals to the playoffs for more than one year.....show me.
Hines Ward in my opinion is underrated because not only is Hines an amazing and talented receiver, but he is also a very good blocker. He knows when to throw a block when the Steelers are running the ball, he is a very very big part of the Steelers offense. Hines Ward does not get enough credit for what he does when he is not catching the ball...or when he is catching the ball for that matter.

My Picks For NFC:
Overrated NFC-
1. Michael Vick and Eli Manning
Underrated NFC-
1. Larry Fitzgerald

Eli Manning has not shown me enough YET to get the attention and the praise that he has gotten the past two years. I believe Eli will eventually be a great quarterback, in my opinion, in a few years, he may even be better than his big brother Peyton. But, not right now, and until he proves to me that he can be a leadership figure and carry his team on his shoulder, I believe he is overrated. Also, the reason in my opinion of why they got far last year is because of Tiki Barber, thats one of the main reasons.
Michael Vick is in my opinion one of the most overrated quarterbacks in the national football league. In my opinion, I think a quarterback should throw the ball and be a team leader. Yes, scramble WHEN YOU HAVE TO. Not every time you get the ball. If he loves running so much, don't be a quarterback, be a running back or receiever. And I know a lot of people do not agree with me, but when he does the things he does every game, I mean always try to be the star, you are not helping your team in my opinion, you are hurting it. Yea, he has alot of talent, BUT it can't always be about Michael Vick, you have to act like a quarterback some of the time.
Larry Fitzgerald is very underrated. I think its mainly because of the team that he is on. He plays for the Cardinals, who haven't been great the past few years. But, if any of you watched to Pro Bowl, you saw that amazing catch that Larry Fitzgerald had. Now that Larry has Kurt Warner and Matt Leinart, I think he will have many great years to come. Larry had 1409 yards last season. And rushed for 41. It seems that these days, you could be a wonderful talented player, but if your ona bad team, you don't get the recognitioon you deserve. Keep your eye out for Larry Fitzgerald, WR for the Arizona Cardinals, I think this year, he may start to get the recognition he deserves.

Let me know what you guys think. If you disagree, please let me know. I am a girl, but I can take critcism.

THATS RIGHT.......WE RIDE!!!!
"NobodyBelievedInUsButUs" is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2006, 12:03 PM   #2
ARKIESTEEL
Assistant Coach
Supporter

Member Number: 2268
Default Re: Most Overrated and Underrated players in the NFL...

Under rated Aron Smith

BIG FAT ARKIESTEEL
ARKIESTEEL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2006, 12:21 PM   #3
HometownGal
Living Legend

Member Number: 2413

I don't believe for one minute that Carson Palmer is overrated - not in the least. He - not Rudi Johnson, T.J. Theshoeshineboyzadah or Chad Johnson - is what makes that offense so potent. Sure he's one of those tiger-striped critters that we all love to loathe, but I can't take away from the guy that he is a very talented young QB and I think he's only going to get better in the next couple of years.

AFC over-rated - Corey Dillon
AFC under-rated - James Farrior

I agree with you about Michael Vick - totally.

NFC over-rated - LaVar Arrington (I know he's had his injury problems, but he's a big underachiever, imho).

NFC under-rated - Jake Delhomme.

The Anti-Wahoo
HometownGal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2006, 12:47 PM   #4
CantStop85
Living Legend

Member Number: 486

AFC overrated: Champ Bailey (Who hasn't burnt this guy?)
AFC underrated: Reuben Droughns (Cleveland's first 1,000 yard back in 20 years...he's a battering ram)

NFC overrated: LaVar Arrington (Big salary, small player)
NFC underrated: Shaun Alexander (Bear with me here, he has one of the best seasons for a runningback ever yet "it's because Seattle's O-Line is so great" and "LT, LJ, and Tiki are all more talented than him"...whatever, he's one of the best pure runners in the league.)
CantStop85 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2006, 12:51 PM   #5
lamberts-lost-tooth
Banned

Member Number: 2363

AFC Overrated: Ray Lewis..
It is 2006..what have you done lately rayray..(besides run away from porter to the safety of your bus)..you little Mary. The most physical aspect of his game over the last three years is that ridiculous dance during introductions. Without his knife..he is about as intimidating as Haley Joel Osment ..(and coincidently..they both see dead people)

AFC Underrated: Dunta Robinson..
one of the hardest hitting corners I have seen in a while...He is a rare talent in being extremly proficient at the run and the pass

NFC Overrated: Roy Williams..
ROY...the reason you had to grab people from behind was because 1) They had CAUGHT the ball in your area...2) You were OUT OF POSITION!!! Catching someone from behind does not make you a good defensive player..it makes you a FAST defensive player!

NFC Underrated: Patrick Kearney..
Started 96 games in a row...intense...(reminds me of Steeler mentality) ..he is one of those players that makes everyone around him a better player.
lamberts-lost-tooth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2006, 01:36 PM   #6
boLT fan
Team Captain

Member Number: 901

How in the hell is Carson Palmer overrated? Didn't he lead in the league in... well pretty much everything in passing? That's just anti-bengalism.

AFC
Overrated - Larry Johnson (He was a product of the system, never even met any defenders tll about 10 yards down field. He's good but he's not god like some people seem to think)
Underrated - Todd Heap (A great TE but you don't hear much about him)

NFC
Overrated - Eli Manning (Becuase he is Eli Manning) / Michael Vick (He's a WR wearing a QB's number)
Underrated - Jake Delhome (Awesome QB, not much said about him)
boLT fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2006, 02:09 PM   #7
Draft Prospect

The only reason I am saying Carson Palmer is because he had ONE good year. And all of the sudden they are comparing him with Montana, Elway..etc. Believe me, the man has talent, and this isn't because he is one of our rivals. Not in the least bit. BUT, what I am saying is he can do amazing things, and he iwll in years to come, but RIGHT NOW he is overrated. The man is a great qb and will have a great career. But show me he can do it two years in a row...show me....thats all. I mean, right now in his career, I just don't feel he has shown me enough to be compared to that kind of stature. I am not trying to take anything away from the guy. But I just think he needs to have more than just one great year. And I am sure he will.....but until then, in my eyes he is overrated.

Last edited by "NobodyBelievedInUsButUs"; 08-11-2006 at 02:12 PM.
Old 08-11-2006, 02:15 PM   #8
Draft Prospect

Quote:
Originally Posted by HometownGal
I don't believe for one minute that Carson Palmer is overrated - not in the least. He - not Rudi Johnson, T.J. Theshoeshineboyzadah or Chad Johnson - is what makes that offense so potent. Sure he's one of those tiger-striped critters that we all love to loathe, but I can't take away from the guy that he is a very talented young QB and I think he's only going to get better in the next couple of years.
I don't believe hes the only one reason they have a great offense. Sure, hes a huge part. And thats what I am trying to tell you, he is onyl going to get better....SHOW ME...thats all.

Old 08-11-2006, 02:18 PM   #9
19ward86
Head Coach

Member Number: 2717

AFC overrated
willie mcginist(clark haggans has better seasons then willie yet he is not appreciated)
AFC underrated
ben roethlisberger(i dont even want to talk about it.

NFC overrated
drew brees
NFC underrated
marc bulger
Old 08-11-2006, 02:21 PM   #10
19ward86
Head Coach

Member Number: 2717

Quote:
Originally Posted by boLT fan
How in the hell is Carson Palmer overrated? Didn't he lead in the league in... well pretty much everything in passing? That's just anti-bengalism.

AFC
Overrated - Larry Johnson (He was a product of the system, never even met any defenders tll about 10 yards down field. He's good but he's not god like some people seem to think)
Underrated - Todd Heap (A great TE but you don't hear much about him)

NFC
Overrated - Eli Manning (Becuase he is Eli Manning) / Michael Vick (He's a WR wearing a QB's number)
Underrated - Jake Delhome (Awesome QB, not much said about him)
i think eli is overrated but michael vick just needs to work on accuracy, that will change your mind.