Why register with the Steelers Fever Forums?
 • Intelligent and friendly discussions.
 • It's free and it's quick. Always.
 • Enter events in the forums calendar.
 • Very user friendly software.
 • Exclusive contests and giveaways.

 Donate to Steelers Fever, Click here
 Our 2013 Goal: $400.00 - To Date: $00.00 (00.00%)
 Home | Forums | Editorials | Shop | Tickets | Downloads | Contact Pittsburgh Steelers Forum Feed Not Just Fans. Hardcore Fans.

Go Back   Steelers Fever Forums > Steelers Football > Pittsburgh Steelers


Steelers Fever Fan Shop

Doc's Sports Get FREE NFL Picks and College Football picks as well as Football Lines like live NFL Lines and updated NFL Power Rankings all at Doc's Sports Service.

Steelers Steelers - Giants Giants
August 9th, 2014, 7:30pmET

CBS
Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 12-02-2012, 11:47 PM   #101
Stu Pidasso
Assistant Coach
Supporter
 
Stu Pidasso's Avatar
Default Re: Ben Roethlisberger officially OUT for the Ravens game

Quote:
Originally Posted by BleedPurple View Post
if we see you in the play offs, we will have another close, tough game, but we will send you packing.
Just like every other time we meet in the playoffs? The Steelers have never lost to a division opponent in the playoffs 8-0 all-time.
Stu Pidasso is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2012, 11:52 PM   #102
BleedPurple
Starter
 

Join Date: Nov 2011
Posts: 487
Member Number: 19142
Thanks: 7
Thanked 20 Times in 10 Posts
Default Re: Ben Roethlisberger officially OUT for the Ravens game

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stu Pidasso View Post
Just like every other time we meet in the playoffs? The Steelers have never lost to a division opponent in the playoffs 8-0 all-time.
Awesome, looking forward to it even more now.
BleedPurple is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2012, 11:57 PM   #103
StainlessStill
Living Legend
Supporter
 
StainlessStill's Avatar
 

Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Pittsburgh, PA
Posts: 3,425
Gender: Male
Member Number: 12999
Thanks: 444
Thanked 1,155 Times in 480 Posts
Default Re: Ben Roethlisberger officially OUT for the Ravens game

If things work out around here:

I'm worried about Houston in the post-season.
I'm worried about New England in the post-season.
I'm worried about Denver in the post-season.

Baltimore? Hah, I'd rather play you guys, especially in January, over any else! If I were you, I'd look forward to it too. I mean, there's a whole bunch of history to support it! Lmao.
__________________
"I believe the game is designed to reward the one's who hit the hardest. If you can't take it, you shouldn't play!" -Jack Lambert
StainlessStill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2012, 11:58 PM   #104
OX1947
Living Legend
 
OX1947's Avatar
 

Join Date: Oct 2005
Posts: 3,648
Member Number: 723
Thanks: 166
Thanked 1,043 Times in 550 Posts
Default Re: Ben Roethlisberger officially OUT for the Ravens game

Quote:
Originally Posted by StainlessStill View Post
If things work out around here:

I'm worried about Houston in the post-season.
I'm worried about New England in the post-season.
I'm worried about Denver in the post-season.

Baltimore? Hah, I'd rather play you guys, especially in January, over any else! If I were you, I'd look forward to it too. I mean, there's a whole bunch of history to support it! Lmao.
I am not worried about Houston, Pats or Ravens in the playoffs. I am worried about not having Ryan Clark in Denver though.
OX1947 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2012, 11:59 PM   #105
teegre
Living Legend
Supporter
 
teegre's Avatar
 

Join Date: May 2012
Posts: 13,027
Member Number: 24108
Thanks: 16,969
Thanked 18,051 Times in 7,619 Posts
My Mood: Dead
Default Re: Ben Roethlisberger officially OUT for the Ravens game

Quote:
Originally Posted by StainlessStill View Post
If things work out around here:

I'm worried about Houston in the post-season.
I'm worried about New England in the post-season.
I'm worried about Denver in the post-season.

Baltimore? Hah, I'd rather play you guys, especially in January, over any else! If I were you, I'd look forward to it too. I mean, there's a whole bunch of history to support it! Lmao.
With the defense now clicking, and the return of BB, I fear NO ONE.

Seriously.
teegre is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2012, 12:02 AM   #106
StainlessStill
Living Legend
Supporter
 
StainlessStill's Avatar
 

Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Pittsburgh, PA
Posts: 3,425
Gender: Male
Member Number: 12999
Thanks: 444
Thanked 1,155 Times in 480 Posts
Default Re: Ben Roethlisberger officially OUT for the Ravens game

Quote:
Originally Posted by OX1947 View Post
I am not worried about Houston, Pats or Ravens in the playoffs. I am worried about not having Ryan Clark in Denver though.
Ding, ding, ding. We have a winner. I was just BSing with a buddy on how traveling to Mile High might be the toughest travel to a Lombardi this season. Denver is going to be a tough place to play come January. They are legit as hell and I think, the best team in the AFC in its current state.
__________________
"I believe the game is designed to reward the one's who hit the hardest. If you can't take it, you shouldn't play!" -Jack Lambert
StainlessStill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2012, 12:11 AM   #107
teegre
Living Legend
Supporter
 
teegre's Avatar
 

Join Date: May 2012
Posts: 13,027
Member Number: 24108
Thanks: 16,969
Thanked 18,051 Times in 7,619 Posts
My Mood: Dead
Default Re: Ben Roethlisberger officially OUT for the Ravens game

Quote:
Originally Posted by StainlessStill View Post
Ding, ding, ding. We have a winner. I was just BSing with a buddy on how traveling to Mile High might be the toughest travel to a Lombardi this season. Denver is going to be a tough place to play come January. They are legit as hell and I think, the best team in the AFC in its current state.
I hear you. No Ryan Clark is a huge blow. BUT, Will Allen is a better back-up than Ryan Mundy.

Likewise, DENV's offense is now a threat. BUT, PITT's defense is really clicking.

And, BB "could" have have tied the first game... better yet, he "could" have won it, if he did not overthrow Heath and/or throw a bad pass (that was returned for a pick six). BB is a lot better with his check-downs than he was back in September. As in: if the game goes the same way as last time, this time, it could just as easily go in PITT's favor, with just one or two completed passes by BB.
teegre is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2012, 12:13 AM   #108
GMU Steeler
Team Owner
 

Join Date: Apr 2010
Posts: 2,906
Member Number: 16173
Thanks: 42
Thanked 732 Times in 405 Posts
Default Re: Ben Roethlisberger officially OUT for the Ravens game

I actually kind of like our chances in Denver since we'd be motivated for revenge for both last year in the playoffs and this year. It would be tough though since as mentioned Clark would be out and Mile High is a tough place to play in period. If we're healthy going into the playoffs, I actually like our chances to make a decent run. Call me overly optimistic but if we get Ben back and he's where he was before the injury, I really think we could do something.
GMU Steeler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2012, 12:16 AM   #109
teegre
Living Legend
Supporter
 
teegre's Avatar
 

Join Date: May 2012
Posts: 13,027
Member Number: 24108
Thanks: 16,969
Thanked 18,051 Times in 7,619 Posts
My Mood: Dead
Default Re: Ben Roethlisberger officially OUT for the Ravens game

Quote:
Originally Posted by GMU Steeler View Post
I actually kind of like our chances in Denver since we'd be motivated for revenge for both last year in the playoffs and this year. It would be tough though since as mentioned Clark would be out and Mile High is a tough place to play in period. If we're healthy going into the playoffs, I actually like our chances to make a decent run. Call me overly optimistic but if we get Ben back and he's where he was before the injury, I really think we could do something.
When BB is your QB, you ALWAYS have a good chance at winning the Lombardi.
teegre is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2012, 12:18 AM   #110
GMU Steeler
Team Owner
 

Join Date: Apr 2010
Posts: 2,906
Member Number: 16173
Thanks: 42
Thanked 732 Times in 405 Posts
Default Re: Ben Roethlisberger officially OUT for the Ravens game

Quote:
Originally Posted by teegre View Post
When BB is your QB, you ALWAYS have a good chance at winning the Lombardi.
Indeed. He's been to four AFC title games and this is ninth season I believe. Guy just knows how to win. Just get him and the others to the playoffs healthy and we'll see what happens.
GMU Steeler is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 06:34 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Shoutbox provided by vBShout v6.2.1 (Lite) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2014 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.
User Alert System provided by Advanced User Tagging v3.0.8 (Lite) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2014 DragonByte Technologies Ltd. Runs best on HiVelocity Hosting.
Navbar with Avatar by Motorradforum
no new posts