Why register with the Steelers Fever Forums?
 • Intelligent and friendly discussions.
 • It's free and it's quick. Always.
 • Enter events in the forums calendar.
 • Very user friendly software.
 • Exclusive contests and giveaways.

Donate to Steelers Fever, Click here
 Our 2013 Goal: $400.00 - To Date: $00.00 (00.00%)
 Home | Forums | Editorials | Shop | Tickets | Downloads | Contact Pittsburgh Steelers Forum Feed Not Just Fans. Hardcore Fans.

Go Back   Steelers Fever Forums > Steelers Football > Pittsburgh Steelers

Steelers Fever Fan Shop

Doc's Sports Get FREE NFL Picks and College Football picks as well as Football Lines like live NFL Lines and updated NFL Power Rankings all at Doc's Sports Service.

Steelers Steelers - Giants Giants
August 9th, 2014, 7:30pmET

CBS

Old 12-05-2012, 06:15 PM   #281
SteelersCanada
Living Legend
Supporter

Member Number: 24400
Thanked 9,138 Times in 3,917 Posts
Default Re: Tomlin Harbaugh hand shake!

Quote:
Originally Posted by GMU Steeler View Post
His numbers would be very close to Brady's if he hadn't missed the past three games. Plus as you point out, he doesn't play in a vertical offense like those other three QBs. I don't think it's unreasonable at all to suggest that Ben was having a MVP worthy season until he got hurt.
Wholeheartedly agree with you. However, I don't agree with comparing stats because stats don't tell the story. If we're going to be saying yards is the most important thing, Stafford, Romo and Brees would be leading the MVP voting.

MVP needs to go past just yardage and TDs. It's about how important a member is to a given team and we've seen how important Ben is to the Steelers over the last three weeks. Unfortunately, Ravens fans are comparing Ben's stats to Joey's - as if that's smart football. It's also a pathetic reach to make Joey in the same ballpark as Ben. He's not even in the parking lot of the ballpark that Ben is in, but hey, don't tell them that. They'll get butthurt and whine over it - something that is becoming the norm for that organization.

Right, Johnny?
SteelersCanada is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2012, 12:49 AM   #282
Lady Steel
Living Legend
Supporter

Member Number: 16396
Thanked 5,123 Times in 1,981 Posts
My Mood: Angelic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lady Steel
I think Tomlin wanted nothing more than to get into the locker room to celebrate the Steelers glorious victory with his team and he wasn't going to let Harbaugh keep him from doing just that.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike Tomlin
As I moved toward the middle of the field, I noticed to my left the number of guys that were headed toward our locker room," Tomlin told reporters Tuesday. "Maybe that happens all the time, but given the amount of effort it took to get out of that stadium with a win, I wanted to get there as quickly as I could. It's a normal practice for me to welcome guys into the locker room and thank them for their efforts after games and, really, the results of games don't matter. It's a general practice for me but, obviously, it took special effort to secure that victory and when I noticed that guys were headed to the locker room I was in a hurry to get there.
Lady Steel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2012, 09:39 AM   #283
jtbsteeler
Starter

Member Number: 18760

http://www.usatoday.com/story/gameon...e-nfl/1750687/

I said this was the reason. I knew it... Harbaugh bumped his gums after they beat us the three weeks ago. I remember seeing it on ESPN and it pissed me off then.
jtbsteeler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2012, 10:04 AM   #284
steelfury02
Wing Kong Exchange - CEO
Supporter

Member Number: 6076
Thanked 3,458 Times in 1,644 Posts
My Mood: Fine

Tomlin's class and respect for another human being won't allow him to not give credit and acknowledge another human being's or team's accomplishments in front of the press - hence, the coach speak.

But, you better believe he hates these punks, and this shit was emphasized during the week's preparations. Bmore fans can massage Harbaugh's words any way they want and label him a nice, classy guy, all they want.

Al Capone gave to charities too. He was still a shit of a human being. Let me ramp it down for you: The popular girl can be well-liked by all the jocks and admired by the other popular girls - it doesn't mean they still aren't a bitch to everyone outside of their click.

Keep drinkin the purple kool-aid. You all know you have about a 2-4 season window to win a Super Bowl, or you'll see Harbaugh, Flacco, and Rice G_O_N_E. Time is ticking . . .

Insanity or In-sahn-naha-teh
is what the the Iro-quois used
meaning "severe personnel problems".
Look it up. No? No, I'm right.
Agree to disagree.
steelfury02 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to steelfury02 For This Useful Post:
Edman (12-06-2012)
Old 12-06-2012, 10:31 AM   #285
Edman
Living Legend

Member Number: 3261
My Mood: Brooding

The Ravens threw the "respect" aspect of this rivalry out the window a year ago. All there exists is hate. The Ravens aren't respectable anymore. Now I only hate them.
Edman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2012, 12:25 PM   #286
desertsteel
Assistant Coach

Member Number: 915

This was in another thread and not sure if it has been posted in this one (don't feel like clicking into the pages I missed), but it is funny re "the handshake."

http://www.dve.com/player/?mid=22682...m_name=podcast
desertsteel is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to desertsteel For This Useful Post:
teegre (12-06-2012)
Old 12-06-2012, 05:48 PM   #287
teegre
Living Legend
Supporter

Member Number: 24108
Thanked 17,943 Times in 7,579 Posts
My Mood: Dead

Quote:
Originally Posted by desertsteel View Post
This was in another thread and not sure if it has been posted in this one (don't feel like clicking into the pages I missed), but it is funny re "the handshake."

I forwarded that link to many, many people. Awesome.
teegre is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2012, 05:52 PM   #288
Lady Steel
Living Legend
Supporter

Member Number: 16396
Thanked 5,123 Times in 1,981 Posts
My Mood: Angelic

Quote:
Originally Posted by desertsteel View Post

Leave it to the ladies to get right down to the bottom line.
Lady Steel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2012, 12:00 AM   #289
Hawaii 5-0
Armchair QB
Supporter

Member Number: 24013
Thanked 9,432 Times in 4,019 Posts
My Mood: Cool

Mike Tomlin's college teammate says 'bad blood' exists with John Harbaugh

Nate Davis, USA TODAY
December 6. 2012-

You better be careful what you say about coach Mike Tomlin's Pittsburgh Steelers because it could come back to bite you.

His undermanned team ended the Baltimore Ravens' 15-game home winning streak Sunday, evidently fueled in part by some two-week old comments from Ravens coach John Harbaugh, and set the stage for Tomlin's drive-by handshake with his counterpart following the game.

"There's bad blood between these two coaches," said NFL Network analyst Darren Sharper, who was Tomlin's college teammate at William & Mary in the 1990s, on Showtime's Inside the NFL on Wednesday night.

"You think about the fact that the teams do not like each other, so that carries over to the coaches because they're the ones preaching to the team before the games. And before this game there was a little bit of an incident in which Coach Harbaugh had some comments after they beat the Pittsburgh Steelers which he knew the camera was on, too."

Sharper was referring to a locker room clip of Harbaugh lauding his club immediately after its 13-10 win at Heinz Field on Nov. 18, the Steelers' first game this season without injured quarterback Ben Roethlisberger.

Said Harbaugh to the troops that night: "The toughest team won that football game. The mentally tough team won that football game. The better team won the football game. The team that knows how to win won that football game."

Yes, if you're keeping track, Tomlin's team has reached two Super Bowls and won one since 2008, Harbaugh's first year in Baltimore. The Steelers eliminated the Ravens in the playoffs on the way to both of those Super Bowls, and many Baltimore players acknowledge that the lone missing element in the teams' bloody rivalry is the fact that none of them (save Ray Lewis 12 years ago) have rings.

So hearing Harbaugh deem the Ravens the tougher team clearly didn't sit well with Mr. T.

"Coach Tomlin, like all coaches do, they watch everything. They read the papers they try to say they don't they read the papers, they look at television, and he thought that was a message towards his team," said Sharper, who wasn't merely speculating.

"I know this for sure. I talked to Mike, and after the game I asked him about the handshake, and he said that there is some bad blood there. And he did not appreciate what Coach Harbaugh said postgame after the first victory."

If you're watching, Coach Harbaugh, NFL Films captured Tomlin repeatedly referred to his troops as "tough team" as he shook each player's hand on their way into the visitors' locker room at M&T Bank Stadium, which lasted hosted a victor on Dec. 5, 2010 ... that's right, Tomlin's Steelers.

http://www.usatoday.com/story/gameon...e-nfl/1750687/
Old 12-07-2012, 01:11 AM   #290
SoCalFan
Head Coach

Member Number: 14860

Love that story! I can see Tomlon playing that video clip before the game!