Why register with the Steelers Fever Forums?
 • Intelligent and friendly discussions.
 • It's free and it's quick. Always.
 • Enter events in the forums calendar.
 • Very user friendly software.
 • Exclusive contests and giveaways.

Donate to Steelers Fever, Click here
 Our 2014 Goal: $450.00 - To Date: $450.00 (100.00%)
 Home | Forums | Editorials | Shop | Tickets | Downloads | Contact Pittsburgh Steelers Forum Feed Not Just Fans. Hardcore Fans.

Go Back   Steelers Fever Forums > Miscellaneous > Locker Room

Steelers Fever Fan Shop

Doc's Sports Get FREE NFL Picks and College Football picks as well as Football Lines like live NFL Lines and updated NFL Power Rankings all at Doc's Sports Service.

Steelers Fever Presents...

Steelers Panthers

GAMEDAY
Sunday, September 21, 8:30 PM
NBC

Old 08-14-2006, 07:27 PM   #21
LambertIsGod58
Team President

Member Number: 410
Default Re: Lynn Swann Rising

Quote:
Originally Posted by HometownGal
Would it be too much to ask you to provide a link to that story, Lambert? Seriously, I've never heard that story and I've lived here most of my life. You live in New York, am I correct? Knowing how sneaky Rendell is, surely he would use this against Swann if the story was valid, don't you agree?

In any event, whether I agree with you or not, I respect your opinion.

EDIT: If you live in NY, you couldn't vote for either candidate regardless. (sorry)

It's in a book of mine by Jim O'brien...The Steelers Historian....I'll get it out and scan the page/s with the story. It's not based on just that. I've met Swann twice...And he treated everyone like crap that I stood there for. NO PICS...his words "you are paying for my signature, nothing more". That's a way to endear yourself to fans. And it's not that he said no. It's the way he did. Homer fans can defend him/have their opinion....that's cool and I understand it. But I call it how it is...Steeler or not.

By the way...are you implying that because you live in Pennsylvania..that you are a more knowledgable fan? What does where I live have to do with anything?

"Life is a journey and you never arrive" Chuck Noll 1969-91
LambertIsGod58 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2006, 09:17 PM   #22
HometownGal
Living Legend

Member Number: 2413

Quote:
Originally Posted by LambertIsGod58
It's in a book of mine by Jim O'brien...The Steelers Historian....I'll get it out and scan the page/s with the story. It's not based on just that. I've met Swann twice...And he treated everyone like crap that I stood there for. NO PICS...his words "you are paying for my signature, nothing more". That's a way to endear yourself to fans. And it's not that he said no. It's the way he did. Homer fans can defend him/have their opinion....that's cool and I understand it. But I call it how it is...Steeler or not.

By the way...are you implying that because you live in Pennsylvania..that you are a more knowledgable fan? What does where I live have to do with anything?
No need to scan those pages and post them, Lambert. If you say that's what the author wrote, that's what the author wrote. As I said, though, I would think if that were indeed true, Rendell would have a field day with it and then some.

Please pull your boxers out of your behind - that is NOT what I was implying at all. I was simply a little surprised that you would take an interest in this topic which is all about Lynn Swann's campaign when you, as a NY resident, have no real stake in it, that's all. No disrespect intended. I have no problem at all with you calling it as you see it. Different strokes for different folks, as they say.

The Anti-Wahoo
HometownGal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2006, 05:15 AM   #23
SteelerzGirl
Banned

Member Number: 689

I think it's great that people in other states are taking an interest in the race for Governor in the Commonwealth of Pennsylvania, as they have every right to do so. I keep my eye on political races in other states, as well, not just in Pennsylvania.
SteelerzGirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2006, 07:02 AM   #24
BlackNGold203
Team President
Supporter

Member Number: 1217

Quote:
Originally Posted by SteelerzGirl
I think it's great that people in other states are taking an interest in the race for Governor in the Commonwealth of Pennsylvania, as they have every right to do so. I keep my eye on political races in other states, as well, not just in Pennsylvania.

it is certainly every persons right to take an interest in whatever they want...but please...lets be real here...

If Lynn Swann never played for the Steelers...do you REALLY think anyone outside of Pennsylvania would care???

LOL...for that matter...most people outside of Pennsylvania STILL dont care....

The voters will decide....eventually....

VERY well stated HometownGal......"Different strokes for different folks"

keep the opinions coming...It's always healthy and a potential learning experience to hear all sides and opinions...
Old 08-15-2006, 07:05 AM   #25
SteelerzGirl
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlackNGold203
it is certainly every persons right to take an interest in whatever they want...but please...lets be real here...

If Lynn Swann never played for the Steelers...do you REALLY think anyone outside of Pennsylvania would care???

LOL...for that matter...most people outside of Pennsylvania STILL dont care....

The voters will decide....eventually....

VERY well stated HometownGal......"Different strokes for different folks"

keep the opinions coming...It's always healthy and a potential learning experience to hear all sides and opinions...

I'm being quite real here. Maybe some others should, as well. I personally do keep an eye on other politics outside of my own state. Don't you? You weren't previously keeping an eye on the Governors race out in Cali between the two Arnolds a few years ago, or the race for the Senate up in New York w/Hillary, or any other political race anywhere else for that matter? I also don't believe that a poster should be discredited because he/she may be pro-Swann and/or pro-Rendell and/or have different views than someone else, and that is exactly what is happening in this thread. Whether or not you choose to keep it real and only about your little clique is up to you, however, I choose to do just that. Thank you.

Last edited by SteelerzGirl; 08-15-2006 at 07:10 AM.
Old 08-15-2006, 07:16 AM   #26
BlackNGold203
Team President
Supporter

Member Number: 1217

Quote:
Originally Posted by SteelerzGirl
I'm being quite real here. Maybe some others should, as well. I personally do keep an eye on other politics outside of my own state. Don't you? You weren't previously keeping an eye on the Governors race out in Cali between the two Arnolds a few years ago, or the race for the Senate up in New York w/Hillary, or any other political race anywhere else for that matter? I also don't believe that a poster should be discredited because he/she may be pro-Swann and/or pro-Rendell and/or have different views than someone else, and that is exactly what is happening in this thread. Whether or not you choose to keep it real and only about your little clique is up to you, however, I choose to do just that. Thank you.

Well...a couple things here....

First of all...unless its affecting my taxes...or my children's schools....or my community...I really dont care...California??...New York???....whatever...doesnt affect me in the least...so no..I dont follow it...if other people do...then more power to them....as stated above...different strokes...

I saw no one discredited in this thread...understand...when discussing politics....things will get polarized very quickly...anything that may have been taken out of context in this thread..in my humble...have been clarified nicely...

if you notice in my last post...I encouraged MORE opinions...thats how people learn...by observing and absorbing information...then coming to their own conclusions...

God Bless America.....
Old 08-15-2006, 07:17 AM   #27
SteelerzGirl
Banned

I know what the deal is in this thread, believe me. Everyone has the right to their views and opinions.
Old 08-15-2006, 07:21 AM   #28
HometownGal
Living Legend

Member Number: 2413

Quote:
Would it be too much to ask you to provide a link to that story, Lambert? Seriously, I've never heard that story and I've lived here most of my life. You live in New York, am I correct? Knowing how sneaky Rendell is, surely he would use this against Swann if the story was valid, don't you agree?

In any event, whether I agree with you or not, I respect your opinion.

EDIT: If you live in NY, you couldn't vote for either candidate regardless. (sorry)
See sentence in bold above. Enough said.

The Anti-Wahoo
HometownGal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2006, 07:27 AM   #29
X-Terminator
Mr. Wrong
Supporter

Member Number: 2550

Yeah, I was having a really hard time trying to figure out where anyone's opinion was being discredited in this thread. Asking for clarification of someone's opinion is disrespect? That's news to me.
Old 08-15-2006, 08:01 AM   #30
SteelerzGirl
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by HometownGal
Please pull your boxers out of your behind - that is NOT what I was implying at all. I was simply a little surprised that you would take an interest in this topic which is all about Lynn Swann's campaign when you, as a NY resident, have no real stake in it, that's all.
See sentences in bold above. Enough said.

Quote:
Originally Posted by X-Terminator
Yeah, I was having a really hard time trying to figure out where anyone's opinion was being discredited in this thread. Asking for clarification of someone's opinion is disrespect? That's news to me.
And so it continues...