Why register with the Steelers Fever Forums?
 • Intelligent and friendly discussions.
 • It's free and it's quick. Always.
 • Enter events in the forums calendar.
 • Very user friendly software.
 • Exclusive contests and giveaways.

Donate to Steelers Fever, Click here
 Our 2013 Goal: $400.00 - To Date: $00.00 (00.00%)
 Home | Forums | Editorials | Shop | Tickets | Downloads | Contact Pittsburgh Steelers Forum Feed Not Just Fans. Hardcore Fans.

Go Back   Steelers Fever Forums > Steelers Football > Pittsburgh Steelers

Steelers Fever Fan Shop

Doc's Sports Get FREE NFL Picks and College Football picks as well as Football Lines like live NFL Lines and updated NFL Power Rankings all at Doc's Sports Service.

Steelers Steelers - Giants Giants
August 9th, 2014, 7:30pmET

CBS

Old 12-04-2012, 11:04 AM   #1
lektrix
Water Boy

Member Number: 24561
Default Coming to the game for first time from Shadyside area on Sunday...where to park?

Any recommendations on how to get to the game and where to park for the Sunday Afternoon game? I will be checking out of the Courtyard by the Mariott, Shadyside hotel on Sunday morning. If they let me park the car at the hotel until the late afternoon, great..one problem solved! If not, what should I do? I want to avoid traffic at all costs. I don't want to spend 45 minutes getting into the arena and another 45 minutes getting out. I have to eat dinner immediately after the game and then start my drive back to Toronto.

What are my options? What is the fastest, cheapest, most efficient way?

Park the car somewhere else for $$?
Public transportation?
Cab?

Thanks!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
lektrix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2012, 11:17 AM   #2
Darkstorm05
Team Captain

Member Number: 19897
Default Re: Coming to the game for first time from Shadyside area on Sunday...where to park?

Unless you have preferences otherwise, I always recommend parking at Station Square and paying the $5 or whatever to come across on the clipper. It drops you off right outside Heinz, it's tons cheaper, no fighting heavy traffic for an hour, and they serve whiskey on the ride over!
Darkstorm05 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Darkstorm05 For This Useful Post:
lektrix (12-04-2012)
Old 12-04-2012, 11:21 AM   #3
Neil-Still-Rules-14
Assistant Coach

Member Number: 1048
Default Re: Coming to the game for first time from Shadyside area on Sunday...where to park?

There's a garage on First Avenue. You can park there for $5. After you do, you can ride the T for free (the entrance is on the 3rd floor of said garage) to Heinz Field. It avoids all the stadium traffic and is very cheap as well.
Neil-Still-Rules-14 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Neil-Still-Rules-14 For This Useful Post:
lektrix (12-04-2012)
Old 12-04-2012, 01:09 PM   #4
lektrix
Water Boy

Member Number: 24561

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darkstorm05 View Post
Unless you have preferences otherwise, I always recommend parking at Station Square and paying the $5 or whatever to come across on the clipper. It drops you off right outside Heinz, it's tons cheaper, no fighting heavy traffic for an hour, and they serve whiskey on the ride over!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Neil-Still-Rules-14 View Post
There's a garage on First Avenue. You can park there for $5. After you do, you can ride the T for free (the entrance is on the 3rd floor of said garage) to Heinz Field. It avoids all the stadium traffic and is very cheap as well.
Thanks. Where exactly are these lots/garages? Is there an address I can GPS to? How early do I have to get to these lots/garages before they fill up?
lektrix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2012, 01:29 PM   #5
Darkstorm05
Team Captain

Member Number: 19897

Quote:
Originally Posted by lektrix View Post
Thanks. Where exactly are these lots/garages? Is there an address I can GPS to? How early do I have to get to these lots/garages before they fill up?
This is the address for Station Square, where the clipper docks...

E Carson St Opp Station Square Station, 125 West Station Square Drive, Pittsburgh, PA 15219

The parking area is pretty big. We've arrived there at like an hour before kickoff and had no trouble parking before. Obviously, that can't be guaranteed, though. We usually aim to get there about 90-120 minutes before kickoff, then have a couple beers, ride the boat, roam the exhibits at Heinz, have a couple beers, eat, have a couple beers, then watch the game.
Darkstorm05 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2012, 02:56 PM   #6
pittpete
Bench Warmer

Member Number: 5301

Quote:
Unless you have preferences otherwise, I always recommend parking at Station Square
My advice also..
Old 12-04-2012, 04:54 PM   #7
casteeler
Assistant Coach

Member Number: 15446

I took the clipper to Heinz for a Pitt game and it was very easy and I enjoyed the experiance!
casteeler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2012, 08:19 PM   #8
Neil-Still-Rules-14
Assistant Coach

Member Number: 1048

Quote:
Originally Posted by lektrix View Post
600 First Avenue

http://www.pittsburghparking.com/fir...ge-and-station
Neil-Still-Rules-14 is offline   Reply With Quote