Why register with the Steelers Fever Forums?
 • Intelligent and friendly discussions.
 • It's free and it's quick. Always.
 • Enter events in the forums calendar.
 • Very user friendly software.
 • Exclusive contests and giveaways.

Donate to Steelers Fever, Click here
 Our 2014 Goal: $450.00 - To Date: $450.00 (100.00%)
 Home | Forums | Editorials | Shop | Tickets | Downloads | Contact Pittsburgh Steelers Forum Feed Not Just Fans. Hardcore Fans.

Go Back   Steelers Fever Forums > General Football > NFL Football

Steelers Fever Fan Shop

Doc's Sports Get FREE NFL Picks and College Football picks as well as Football Lines like live NFL Lines and updated NFL Power Rankings all at Doc's Sports Service.

Steelers Bucs

Old 08-11-2006, 09:45 PM   #1
tony hipchest
IRONMAN a.k.a. Tony Stark

Member Number: 658
Thanked 8,849 Times in 3,716 Posts
Default patriots vs. falcons update

m. cassell showed great resolve after missing a wide open wr by 10 yds on a 30 yard pass, by throwing a 5 yard dart to p. cobbs on a screen play that went for a 57 yd td in what has to be the play of the game.

if cassell can continue doing exactly what is drawn up by the coaches and told to him over the headset, rather than actually trying to throw the ball, i predict he could actually lead the league in passing some day.

brady had a stellar preformance too, completing 75% of his passes for 23 yards but it is obvious that with cassell clearly throwing for more yards that he was the better qb in this game.
tony hipchest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2006, 09:57 PM   #2
tony hipchest

Default Re: patriots vs. falcons update

gramattica ties the game with 2:40 left with a 30 yd kick. so far he is 2/2 adding a 26 yarder. i think its safe to say that vinatieris replacement has been found. assuming brady or cassell is the qb and belichick is there to fart on his foot, how could he possibly miss?
Old 08-11-2006, 10:01 PM   #3
MattsMe
Team President
Supporter

Member Number: 2044

Don't forget the Patriots impressive runs against that tough Atlanta run defense.
MattsMe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2006, 10:09 PM   #4
tony hipchest

Quote:
Originally Posted by MattsMe
Don't forget the Patriots impressive runs against that tough Atlanta run defense.
the commentators just mentionned how great the pats have run the ball. too bad the falcons have have out matched them by more than 40 yards to the tune of 200+ yards.

btw- vick had a bradyesque preformance. 3/4 26 yds. actually vick proved to be better tonight.

falcons win with a vinatieriesque last second kick from 40.

i love dick enberg signing off saying the falcons win over a very talented patriots team "although the patriots sidelined many of their starters early", as if the falcons didnt.
Old 08-11-2006, 10:11 PM   #5
MattsMe
Team President
Supporter

And with a tied ball game, the Patriots lose on a last second field goal. Kind of ironic.
Old 08-12-2006, 01:33 AM   #6
Livinginthe past
Living Legend

Member Number: 478

Pre-season defeat is a definite pre-cursor to a disastrous regular season campaign - just ask last years Steelers.

Its good to see that the pain of those defeats in the AFCCG's hasn't faded yet.

It was a nice work out for young Cassell - he threw for 220 yards for a TD and no INT's - and still he knows that he didnt fully realise his potential.

I look forward to watching Bradshaw...I mean...Big Ben rip open the Arizona defense with his usual surgical precision (no pun intended).

NM

Last edited by Livinginthe past; 08-12-2006 at 01:37 AM.
Livinginthe past is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2006, 02:21 AM   #7
MattsMe
Team President
Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Livinginthe past
Pre-season defeat is a definite pre-cursor to a disastrous regular season campaign - just ask last years Steelers.

It was a nice work out for young Cassell - he threw for 220 yards for a TD and no INT's - and still he knows that he didnt fully realise his potential.

I look forward to watching Bradshaw...I mean...Big Ben rip open the Arizona defense with his usual surgical precision (no pun intended).

NM
No one said anything about preseason being a prediction of the regular season.

The game being discussed actually occured during this season, unlike the AFCCG's. They have nothing to do with the topic.

Cassell knows he didn't fully realize his potential, good for him. So does every decent player after every game. Nearly every player knows he can top his last performance.

Bradshaw? Funny you should bring him up here, as you've been very quiet in the other thread about him.

Last year's Steelers, the AFCCG's, Bradshaw, none of these have anything to do with the current season, or the game being discussed. Someone is obviously living in the past.

Last edited by MattsMe; 08-12-2006 at 02:38 AM.
Old 08-12-2006, 02:50 AM   #8
Livinginthe past
Living Legend

Member Number: 478

Quote:
Originally Posted by MattsMe
No one said anything about preseason being a prediction of the regular season.

The game being discussed actually occured during this season, unlike the AFCCG's. They have nothing to do with the topic.

Cassell knows he didn't fully realize his potential, good for him. So does every decent player after every game. Nearly every player knows he can top his last performance.

Bradshaw? Funny you should bring him up here, as you've been very quiet in the other thread about him.

Last year's Steelers, the AFCCG's, Bradshaw, none of these have anything to do with the current season, or the game being discussed. Someone is obviously living in the past.
Wow what a clever reference to my username Mattsme - haven't heard that one before ha ha.

Unfortunately I wasn't posting on this forum at the time of those two games - maybe you'd like to give me a run through your thoughts about those AFCCG's - I know it cant be easy to get so badly owned in the big AFC game - at home - wow that really must hurt - even all these years later.

I post on whichever topic suits me at the time, im under no obligation to reply to anything you have to say.

The Bradshaw topic was fast becoming a real yawner - no offense....(geddit...no 'offense'?)

But I knew you'd bite soon enough on reference to him on here

NM
Livinginthe past is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2006, 10:31 AM   #9
tony hipchest

Quote:
Originally Posted by Livinginthe past

NM
wow! even a preseason loss of the patriots irks you to the point of making snide sarcastic remaks.

you seize the cape of captain obvious if you are saying that a pre-season defeat is definitely NOT a pre cursor to a disasterous regular season campaign. we all know this. case in point 2005 colts, who lost 5 in a row then went on to post the longest winning streak of the season.

in fact the steelers historically dont come out of the gate strong. 6 times under cowher theyve had a losing pre season, and 3 times theyve been .500. but to illustrate your much too obvious point theyve reached the afcc game 6 times and put up more wins than any other team during that time.

preseason is really a time for the steelers to figure out which scraps we will be tossing to the pats. good luck. you may land a nice wr like q. morgan. we have too many!
Old 08-12-2006, 12:18 PM   #10
CantStop85
Living Legend

Member Number: 486

Cassell and Maroney looked great for the patriots...the one thing I would be worried about if I were a patriots fan is the secondary.
CantStop85 is offline   Reply With Quote