Why register with the Steelers Fever Forums?
 • Intelligent and friendly discussions.
 • It's free and it's quick. Always.
 • Enter events in the forums calendar.
 • Very user friendly software.
 • Exclusive contests and giveaways.

Donate to Steelers Fever, Click here
 Our 2014 Goal: $450.00 - To Date: $450.00 (100.00%)
 Home | Forums | Editorials | Shop | Tickets | Downloads | Contact Pittsburgh Steelers Forum Feed Not Just Fans. Hardcore Fans.

Go Back   Steelers Fever Forums > Steelers Football > Pittsburgh Steelers

Steelers Fever Fan Shop

Doc's Sports Get FREE NFL Picks and College Football picks as well as Football Lines like live NFL Lines and updated NFL Power Rankings all at Doc's Sports Service.

Steelers

Old 12-06-2012, 08:28 PM   #21
LVSteelersfan
Living Legend

Member Number: 6620
My Mood: Yeehaw
Default Re: Ben Will Start Sunday

People who think Legursky is the answer at Center are delusional. We have had more QB sacks straight up the middle when he is in there than any other Center. Sorry, but he is a career backup for a reason. Colon is a mauler. Legursky barely holds his own in there.

COACH - Breakfast of Champions !!!
LVSteelersfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2012, 08:38 PM   #22
GoFor7
Banned

Member Number: 24211

Quote:
Originally Posted by SteelersCanada View Post
If there was any serious risk of reinjury, he wouldn't be playing. We can't run the ball like we're all asking and expecting to. We don't have a legitimate running back on this roster - period. I agree that it would be nice to run it, but I don't know if Dwyer is going to have any great success in doing so because he hasn't all year.

Agreed on Pouncey playing at C. People are acting like Colon has been playing poorly all year - he's actually played above our expectations.
BOOOOOOOOO! Yinz all hear what dis Airhead luver is sayin'? He wants da stillers throwin' da ball around n'at like one a dem sissy teams! BOOOOOOO! Ah don't even know why Ben is still on da team! He only cares 'bout dem stats a his! He ain't a real stiller! Cut him and run da ball like dey did back in da 90's under Cah-er! Dats real stillers football!!!!!!!!!
GoFor7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2012, 10:25 PM   #23
teegre
Living Legend
Supporter

Member Number: 24108
Thanked 22,867 Times in 9,340 Posts
My Mood: Dead

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoFor7 View Post
BOOOOOOOOO! Yinz all hear what dis Airhead luver is sayin'? He wants da stillers throwin' da ball around n'at like one a dem sissy teams! BOOOOOOO! Ah don't even know why Ben is still on da team! He only cares 'bout dem stats a his! He ain't a real stiller! Cut him and run da ball like dey did back in da 90's under Cah-er! Dats real stillers football!!!!!!!!!
Do you EVER post anything worth reading?
teegre is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2012, 10:32 PM   #24
GoFor7
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by teegre View Post
Do you EVER post anything worth reading?
I wanted to be the first to get in a knee-jerk reaction to someone who dare suggest passing more!
Old 12-06-2012, 10:42 PM   #25
Hawaii 5-0
Armchair GM
Supporter

Member Number: 24013
Thanked 12,579 Times in 5,191 Posts
My Mood: Amazed

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChristianKustomz View Post
Is anyone else a bit concerned with the return of BB? I listened to an interview recently by Ben and he stated how he plays through a tremendous amount of pain sometimes. It makes me wonder if he's forcing himself to come back for his teams sake when e is not fully healed. Is it worth the risk?
nah, Ben is just a drama queen...
Hawaii 5-0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2012, 10:50 PM   #26
ETL
Team President
Supporter

Member Number: 14528

Guys, I am not liking this at all. I read that he's wearing some special Kevlar apparatus to help protect his shoulder / rib area. Two things about this bother me. One is that he will probably throw a little awkwardly because he's wearing something in his upper body that he's not used to and second - there probably is a significant risk of injury if they want him to wear this.

I just hope he comes through this game ok.
Old 12-06-2012, 11:14 PM   #27
Hawaii 5-0
Armchair GM
Supporter

Member Number: 24013
Thanked 12,579 Times in 5,191 Posts
My Mood: Amazed

Quote:
Originally Posted by ETL View Post
Guys, I am not liking this at all. I read that he's wearing some special Kevlar apparatus to help protect his shoulder / rib area. Two things about this bother me. One is that he will probably throw a little awkwardly because he's wearing something in his upper body that he's not used to and second - there probably is a significant risk of injury if they want him to wear this.
Steelers' Roethlisberger to start against Chargers

By WILL GRAVES
— Dec. 6

PITTSBURGH (AP) — The Pittsburgh Steelers aren't taking any chances with their franchise quarterback's sprained right shoulder and dislocated rib.

Though the Steelers confirmed Ben Roethlisberger will return to the starting lineup on Sunday against San Diego after missing three weeks due to injury, Roethlisberger will take the field with a little extra protection.

Roethlisberger will play with a custom fit rib/chest compression shirt and a layer of Kevlar-lined composite in his shoulder pads to help absorb hits to his clavicle and shoulder joint regions.

The padding, made by Unequal Technologies, has grown popular across the NFL. Philadelphia Eagles quarterback Michael Vick wore a similar compression shirt after injuring his ribs a few years ago and dozens of players — including Pittsburgh safety Troy Polamalu and linebacker James Harrison — use Unequal CRT in their helmets.

The padding — about a half-inch thick— in Roethlisberger's shoulder pads is similar to the gear the company puts in its chest protectors for baseball catchers. Roethlisberger said last week his shoulder pads had been "juiced up" by the team trainers.

Whatever he's wearing, the Steelers (7-5) are eager to have him back on the field. Roethlisberger took "90 percent" of the first-team snaps on Thursday without any major issues.

"He looks like himself for the most part," offensive coordinator Todd Haley said. "Now I don't know what he's feeling when he's doing some of those things. But it looks like he's moving around pretty good."

Roethlisberger said he felt "good" but declined to expand. Haley doesn't expect there to be any limitations to the playbook though he joked he might not call as many designed run plays for his quarterback, who never met a play he didn't like to extend.

"I think he understands his body better than anybody," Haley said. "He's the one that's got to make the decisions and we'll just try to put him in the best positions to succeed."

The Steelers went 1-2 in Roethlisberger's absence, including a 23-20 victory over Baltimore last week behind backup Charlie Batch. While Batch's steady performance against the Ravens kept Pittsburgh's playoff hopes alive, the team hopes to hit its stride with a healthy Roethlisberger under center.

"When Ben's in it's just a whole different level of game planning and things that teams have to do just to compensate for how athletic he is," wide receiver Mike Wallace said. "I think he brings a dimension to the team that nobody else can bring."

http://pro32.ap.org/content/steelers...ainst-chargers
Hawaii 5-0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2012, 11:17 PM   #28
Steel_Bus_24
Team Owner

Member Number: 2886
Thanked 1,137 Times in 556 Posts

Bens New Uniform choices

Also Known as SteelerSpartan
Steel_Bus_24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2012, 11:55 PM   #29
tony hipchest
IRONMAN a.k.a. Tony Stark

Member Number: 658
Thanked 9,531 Times in 3,969 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoFor7 View Post
I wanted to be the first to get in a knee-jerk reaction to someone who dare suggest passing more!
[YOUTUBE]ueywqUBW3oM[/YOUTUBE]

im pretty sure your continual lame attempts to mock pittsburgher's accents just makes you a tiresome troll.

and before you falsely label me as a "yinzer" (yet again) i am from the southwest and proudly speak with a distinct spanglish twang.
Old 12-07-2012, 08:47 AM   #30
GoFor7
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by tony hipchest View Post
im pretty sure your continual lame attempts to mock pittsburgher's accents just makes you a tiresome troll.
It sure does get a response though.