Why register with the Steelers Fever Forums?
 • Intelligent and friendly discussions.
 • It's free and it's quick. Always.
 • Enter events in the forums calendar.
 • Very user friendly software.
 • Exclusive contests and giveaways.

Donate to Steelers Fever, Click here
 Our 2014 Goal: $450.00 - To Date: $450.00 (100.00%)
 Home | Forums | Editorials | Shop | Tickets | Downloads | Contact Pittsburgh Steelers Forum Feed Not Just Fans. Hardcore Fans.

Go Back   Steelers Fever Forums > Steelers Football > Pittsburgh Steelers > Game Reporter

Steelers Fever Fan Shop

Doc's Sports Get FREE NFL Picks and College Football picks as well as Football Lines like live NFL Lines and updated NFL Power Rankings all at Doc's Sports Service.

Steelers

LOL

Old 12-09-2012, 04:31 PM   #881
fortmemphis
Assistant Coach

Member Number: 17288
Default Re: Week 14 Gameday Thread: Steelers vs. Chargers - 2012-12-09

Rats get Peyton Manning next week. Who knows? This loss just really hurt on so many levels.
Watch, next week, SD will play like chite. This was their super bowl, playoffs.
fortmemphis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2012, 04:34 PM   #882
The Curtain's Crusader
Bench Warmer

Member Number: 17934

Yeah, I'm not sure if I feel better or worse now with the Rats and Bengals losing. I'm glad I didn't have the chance to win today.
The Curtain's Crusader is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2012, 04:34 PM   #883
SteeleReign
Team President

Member Number: 13943

Quote:
Originally Posted by fortmemphis View Post
Rats get Peyton Manning next week. Who knows? This loss just really hurt on so many levels.
This is why I question Tomlin at times. According to our record, every game we play including this one, are the Steelers' Superbowl and playoffs as well. We can't afford to take games off. We did that 3 times already this year.

Why we can't seem to step up and beat the teams that we should beat points to the coaching.
SteeleReign is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2012, 04:38 PM   #884
sexyllama
Bench Warmer

Member Number: 18213

Quote:
Originally Posted by fortmemphis View Post
When you are on the bubble at 7-5 this should have been our Super Bowl too.

The Steelers are an up and down team and will probably finish out the season that way (and if we make it the playoffs we'll probably see the same sloppy inconsistent play)

Hopefully, they go on a run like we did previously, GB did, and Giants did. We'll see

I'm not holding my breath though Tomlin's preparation and intensity has been all over the board.
sexyllama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2012, 04:47 PM   #885
fortmemphis
Assistant Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by SteeleReign View Post
This is why I question Tomlin at times. According to our record, every game we play including this one, are the Steelers' Superbowl and playoffs as well. We can't afford to take games off. We did that 3 times already this year.

Why we can't seem to step up and beat the teams that we should beat points to the coaching.
I think that this is a product of being the Steelers. What do the Steelers represent? Winning, consistency, Super Bowls, years of excellence. And that is why to beat the Steelers represents a season defining victory to teams like SD. Well, maybe not season defining but you get my point.

It is like being Kentucky in college basketball, being the Lakers or Celtics in the NBA or Alabama in college football. If teams beat PIT, they can point to it as a quality win whether or not PIT is any good.

For the next couple days, SD is going to feel like they are the toast of the NFL. ESPN is going to show their highlights over and over. That is what beating PIT gets them. They wouldnt get that from beating any other 7-5 team in the league no matter who it is.

Tomlin has to know this and has to have his team prepared to play with a bullseye on it back every game.

But the standard is the standard so...well.....whatever that means okay.
Old 12-09-2012, 04:53 PM   #886
fortmemphis
Assistant Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by sexyllama View Post
When you are on the bubble at 7-5 this should have been our Super Bowl too.

The Steelers are an up and down team and will probably finish out the season that way (and if we make it the playoffs we'll probably see the same sloppy inconsistent play)

Hopefully, they go on a run like we did previously, GB did, and Giants did. We'll see

I'm not holding my breath though Tomlin's preparation and intensity has been all over the board.
I hear ya llama. The team figured that since Ben was back and SD was 4-8 with a lame duck coach, all they had to do was show up at Heinz Field and collect their win and THAT is on Tomlin.

The team had no focus. The team had no urgency until late in the game. The team just figured they had this in the bag. SD came out focused with a chip on its shoulder.

When the Steelers play say the Giants on the road, they know they have to focus and be sharp. When they play a wounded team like SD in PIT, they just think they are entitled to the win and it bit them in the arse today.
Old 12-09-2012, 05:32 PM   #887
FrancoLambert
Team President

Member Number: 20827
Thanked 1,922 Times in 989 Posts
My Mood: Cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by ETL View Post
Nothing. The margin between teams is slim.
Wait.........there's nothing wrong with this team? Where should we start?
How about 4 lackluster losses to supposedly inferior teams.
But maybe that's your point.....there is a very slim margin between us and inferior teams.
FrancoLambert is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2012, 05:54 PM   #888
LVSteelersfan
Living Legend

Member Number: 6620
My Mood: Yeehaw

We are what our record says we are. We cannot beat lousy teams. That means we are a pretty lousy team. That is all there is to it. No focus. No fire. Going through the motions. Dropping passes all over the place. Letting teams pick up 3rd and long over and over and over. We should be celebrating being one game behind the Ratbirds. Instead, we are a laughingstock in the NFL. Lost to Oakland, Tennessee, Cleveland and now San Diego who are all crap teams with not 10 wins among the lot of them. Tried to lose to Kansas City. Yet we still have posession of the final Wild Card spot in our control. I just don't get it.

COACH - Breakfast of Champions !!!
LVSteelersfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2012, 08:58 PM   #889
njsteeler87v2
Draft Prospect

Member Number: 23988
My Mood: Brooding

Disclaimer: Model citizen of Steeler Nation venting here emotionally:
The Browns wiped the floor with KC, while our beloved Steelers barely squeak by them weeks ago..
After this ineptitude of a game against these left-for-dead Bolts, makes me wonder how they're going to be ready for Dallas next week..
Please prove me wrong next week and take this humiliation out on the Cowboys!
I'm sorry, but even with a banged up team, we should have put SD out of their misery..
Coach Tomlin, Coach LeBeau, Coach Haley..By order of Steeler Nation, Prove me wrong and win big next Sunday..

There..now it's out of my system..
njsteeler87v2 is offline   Reply With Quote