Why register with the Steelers Fever Forums?
 • Intelligent and friendly discussions.
 • It's free and it's quick. Always.
 • Enter events in the forums calendar.
 • Very user friendly software.
 • Exclusive contests and giveaways.

Donate to Steelers Fever, Click here
 Our 2014 Goal: $450.00 - To Date: $450.00 (100.00%)
 Home | Forums | Editorials | Shop | Tickets | Downloads | Contact Pittsburgh Steelers Forum Feed Not Just Fans. Hardcore Fans.

Go Back   Steelers Fever Forums > Steelers Football > Pittsburgh Steelers

Steelers Fever Fan Shop

Doc's Sports Get FREE NFL Picks and College Football picks as well as Football Lines like live NFL Lines and updated NFL Power Rankings all at Doc's Sports Service.

Steelers Fever Presents...

Steelers Panthers

GAMEDAY
Sunday, September 21, 8:30 PM
NBC

Old 12-10-2012, 08:50 AM   #91
TRH
Living Legend

Member Number: 17206
Default Re: We don't deserve the playoffs

Quote:
Originally Posted by lipps83 View Post
I don't think anyone expected another loss to a bottomfeeder team. This team was looking poised to be a serious contender until another lame duck attempt against an inferior team.

Serious contenders normally steamroll inferior teams, albeit upsets do happen but not 4 or 5 times in one season. The Steelers historically (even before Tomlin) have rough games against the bottom feeders in the NFL.

Why?
I think at this point everybody should be expecting a loss to each and every bottomfeeder team we play.
It happens almost every time. In fact, we've become very consistent at it.
TRH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2012, 08:57 AM   #92
desertsteel
Assistant Coach

Member Number: 915

Quote:
Originally Posted by steelfury02 View Post
The Giants are 8-5, and in the division lead. They have a shot at hosting a playoff game. They won 2 out of the last 3, and the loss was only by 1 point on the road. We have lost 2 out of 3, and have been absolutely embarrassed in those two games.
Have you even watched the Giants play this year. They have looked absolutely horrible at times. Yeah they are 8-5 which is ONE game better than us. They lost the opener to the Cowboys. They got BLOWN OUT by both the 49ers and the Bengals. And by the way lost to the Steelers recently. There's not much difference between us and them. Btw, the Giants looked even worse last year in the regular season.

Whether the Steelers turn it around or not I can't say, but to conclude that they won't just because they don't look good has proven to be a false notion in today's NFL. We have the talent and just need momentum.

And for the person who said they hope we don't make the playoffs, that's retarded and I doubt that you are a true Steelers fan.
desertsteel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2012, 09:06 AM   #93
ebsteelers
Living Legend

SpeedPong Champion! X-Training Champion!
Member Number: 18215
Thanked 2,247 Times in 1,307 Posts

dont think chargers are as bad as their record should of beat bengals and chargers.

and btw we still control our destiny, win and get in.

nows the time to get hot
ebsteelers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2012, 09:11 AM   #94
Steelerfreak58
Team Captain

Member Number: 8080

We should.... "UNLEASH HELL!" these next few weeks... if you will...

We have a mediocre team this year it sucks but it really is just that.
Old 12-10-2012, 09:12 AM   #95
ebsteelers
Living Legend

one more thing..

even if we lose this week.

we still control our destiny..

the bengals is the must win game.. and one other one.

9-7 gets in the playoffs if you beat the bengals.... we got the head to head on the jets

dont jump off the ledge just
Old 12-10-2012, 09:12 AM   #96
steelerschik
Bench Warmer

Member Number: 16103
My Mood: Relaxed

Quote:
Originally Posted by JeromeBetties63 View Post
Look at this way. Take some of their best offensive performances, some of their best defensive performances...some of their overall good games...base your evaluation on that and what would you decide? My point is this, they have the players, the scheme, the chemistry and the ability to play some very high level games. There are enough players on this team who have achieved in the post season. Therefore, they have the potential to put a run together. Could they tank? Sure, it's possible, but not likely. The Steelers will make the playoffs. If they put it together and play up to their full potential, they have the ability to beat any team in the league.
They absolutely have the players without a doubt. That's what makes it all the more frustrating. I would love to take their best offensive games and combine them with their best defensive games, the problem is they're just not doing that. They haven't played to their full potential yet. I'm sure some of that has to do with the amount of injuries they've had this year, but we all know they're making too many stupid mistakes. I would love to see the Steelers make a run every single year, but realistically that just doesn't happen. And yeah they DO have the potential to beat any team in the league (did Carolina really beat Atlanta yesterday????), but I can't see them beating the likes of the Pats, Houston, Denver in Denver and I'd even add the Colts at this point. Just not this year, next year different story.

Mind you if it happens and you're correct, I'd be the first one to say YAY I was wrong, but I'm kinda not optimistic enough to say that just yet.
steelerschik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2012, 09:16 AM   #97
Stairway to 7
Bench Warmer

Member Number: 24340

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steelerfreak58 View Post
We should.... "UNLEASH HELL!" these next few weeks... if you will...

We have a mediocre team this year it sucks but it really is just that.
It is just a mediocre team, that was the last chance saloon to show me they could beat up on a lesser opponent and they got beat up themselves.

The team is flat far too often, the defense keeps on keeping on but the offense is spotty at best.

Add to that mix a coach who clearly cannot manage a game, and brings no table.
Stairway to 7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2012, 09:19 AM   #98
ebsteelers
Living Legend

look at the last few super bowl wins.

all looked like dog poop till the last few games..

got in and made magic happen..

Pitt can do it, gotta BELIEVE
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to ebsteelers For This Useful Post:
JeromeBetties63 (12-10-2012), Lady Steel (12-10-2012)
Old 12-10-2012, 09:22 AM   #99
steelfury02
Wing Kong Exchange - CEO
Supporter

Member Number: 6076
Thanked 3,971 Times in 1,922 Posts
My Mood: Fine

Quote:
Originally Posted by desertsteel View Post
Have you even watched the Giants play this year. They have looked absolutely horrible at times. Yeah they are 8-5 which is ONE game better than us. They lost the opener to the Cowboys. They got BLOWN OUT by both the 49ers and the Bengals. And by the way lost to the Steelers recently. There's not much difference between us and them. Btw, the Giants looked even worse last year in the regular season.

Whether the Steelers turn it around or not I can't say, but to conclude that they won't just because they don't look good has proven to be a false notion in today's NFL. We have the talent and just need momentum.

And for the person who said they hope we don't make the playoffs, that's retarded and I doubt that you are a true Steelers fan.
Not that it should matter, but a third of the guys I watch football with (family) are from Jersey/NYC and are huge Giants fans, the other third being Ravens fans, and then my gang. They don't look any more horrible than the Steelers. In a game of almosts and inches, 1 game is huge. I'm sure a lot of the optimists would argue that all it takes is 1 game for the Steelers to turn it around, or can attribute a huge win to 1 play. With only 16 games, 1 game I'd say is pretty big. We beat them, so what? We beat the Ravens, so what? What does that mean exactly other than we are capable of pulling out a win. I think that both of those wins have been negated by some pretty bad losses. Injuries aside, every time this version of the Steelers get a big win, they take a step back. I'm still holding out hope, but I can't keep hoping for something that just isn't there (or at least proven not to be there, so far) If they correct all the mistakes, great - they also have to get up for these games, which is apparently a problem for them.

Sorry, I just don't see the positives after they had every reason to be able to take a step in the right direction after pulling a W out of their ass in Bmore. 2 god-awful losses in 3 weeks. I hope for 3 wins. I also hope that in those 3 wins I see some changes in their energy and discipline. A win is a win, but we all know what an eye test is - and last year's 12-4 Steelers were frauds, much like this year's Ravens.

Look into my eyes
SF Haters
steelfury02 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2012, 09:50 AM   #100
Stairway to 7
Bench Warmer

Member Number: 24340

This team has thrown in far too many shitty performances to take seriously as a SB contender.

How many times have they played a complete game of good football on all 3 teams for a whole game?

There have been less real good performances than clunkers like last night.

We have lost games to: Cleveland, The Titans, Oakland, and now SD and we looked like shit against KC too.
Stairway to 7 is offline   Reply With Quote