Why register with the Steelers Fever Forums?
 • Intelligent and friendly discussions.
 • It's free and it's quick. Always.
 • Enter events in the forums calendar.
 • Very user friendly software.
 • Exclusive contests and giveaways.

Donate to Steelers Fever, Click here
 Our 2014 Goal: $450.00 - To Date: $450.00 (100.00%)
 Home | Forums | Editorials | Shop | Tickets | Downloads | Contact Pittsburgh Steelers Forum Feed Not Just Fans. Hardcore Fans.

Go Back   Steelers Fever Forums > Steelers Football > Pittsburgh Steelers

Steelers Fever Fan Shop

Doc's Sports Get FREE NFL Picks and College Football picks as well as Football Lines like live NFL Lines and updated NFL Power Rankings all at Doc's Sports Service.

Steelers

Old 12-10-2012, 12:11 PM   #111
steelerschik
Bench Warmer

Member Number: 16103
My Mood: Worried
Default Re: We don't deserve the playoffs

Quote:
Originally Posted by desertsteel View Post
Yeah I was talking to you and being a "fan" of a team and not wanting them to make the playoffs is pretty stupid in the books of most people.

Did it make you feel better for them to go 12-4 last year and get ousted in the first round?
Considering I don't know you from any other person on the planet, your opinion is yours and doesn't much matter to me. To question someone's fanhood based on a personal feeling is what's stupid. This is a forum, personal feelings are allowed to be expressed. Don't share mine, oh well, don't care.
steelerschik is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to steelerschik For This Useful Post:
Terminator (12-10-2012)
Old 12-10-2012, 12:22 PM   #112
lasvegasguy
Water Boy

Member Number: 16394

Quote:
Originally Posted by AndyWitmyer View Post
Right now, Ben and Co. have to look at this is as a kind of a practice. Which is not what they (or the fans) were hoping for. This last quarter, they were playing for pride and pride only. Two positives have come out this (even if they no longer matter in terms of winning):

That last punt (which would have ordinarily been awesome) was the longest punt in Steelers since the 40's.

Mike Wallace is finally starting to get his mojo back.

Again, it's not enough. They were playing a team that has nothing left to play for aside from playing for Norv, and to play the part of spoiler for teams like the Steelers. Today, the Chargers managed to do both.
If mojo means "mop up yards and TD's when the defense is playing prevent" then yes his mojo is back.
lasvegasguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2012, 12:29 PM   #113
lasvegasguy
Water Boy

Member Number: 16394

Quote:
Originally Posted by SteelersCanada View Post
Oh, look. The Bengals and Ravens lost. So, this game meant exactly 0 in terms of us losing. Would it have been better to win? Absolutely. Are we all Steelers fans again and be very optimistic? Some of you guys are unreal.

Ben threw a pick - cut him. Everything bad that has happened to the Steelers in the history of the organization is Tomlin's fault, and Dwyer is a legitimate running back. Sounds about right.
Really this your defense of Tomlin? We have to hope other teams lose? Fuck that! Our coach has been beat by 3 teams run by guys who will be coordinators next year. (Raiders, Browns and Chargers). And he needed a miracle to get past another (Chiefs). Tomlin is so out of his league it's not even funny. If it wasn't for the Rooney Rule his ass would probably be gone. I'm at the point I would rather see Rex Ryan on our sidelines instead of this ass clown and that is just fucked up.
lasvegasguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2012, 12:38 PM   #114
ZoneBlitzer
Team President

Member Number: 16775
My Mood: Doubtful

I don't see them making the playoffs. The offense has been very inconsistent and at times terrible. The short passing game and ball control style of play has disappeared. It's near the end of the year and they still don't have a running game to rely on. They also can't stop shooting themselves in the foot. Turnovers plague this team. They have to have a complete 180 and correct all their myriad of issues at once. The only way I can see them getting out of this is if they play with emotion. They aren't good enough to play the game straight up. They have to play with emotion and a sense of urgency. Unfortunate for them is that they have a mannequin for a coach who stands stone faced refusing to make adjustments.
ZoneBlitzer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2012, 12:41 PM   #115
steelfury02
Wing Kong Exchange - CEO
Supporter

Member Number: 6076
Thanked 4,474 Times in 2,125 Posts
My Mood: Fine

Steelers Canada, I've butted heads with you a couple of times now, especially over the bright spots and cause for optimism with this team - I still can't agree with you, however, I will take a step back and explain how I think the Steelers can become a contender over the next 3 weeks. Some are pretty obvious, but still - are a cause for concern with this team and need to be rectified, as of like a million years ago (even when we beat the Giants)

1. At all costs, keep the other team's O off the field. Focus on moving the chains. Also - with the running game, time to start running some off-balance run plays and counters. Running to the outside and passing to the flat is a real possibility I think. They need to get back to taking what the D gives them. Teams know we can't run consistently, yet, we are trying to keep running guys right into a shit pile. Now would be a real nice time to start pulling out some other ideas - cause, whaddya got to lose with this run game. With only 3 games left, now is the time to start pulling out the stops.

2. Whoever is on Ike's side, needs all the help they can get. This will become the D's undoing - I'm really convinced of that. It only took 1 week for the Chargers to identify the glaring weakness. Imagine all the tape that will pile up on this weakness over the next month. Also, on D - if you are going to go down, go down swinging. I'm not for Blitzburgh 2.0 - but they have to be able to wreak more havoc than this. The D is showing predictability again IMO. This will be even more of a problem now that Ike is out. How are we going to create pressure when there is a glaring issue on that side that will require more attention? We need the line to start blowing people off the ball. They got man handled in 2 of the last 3 games.

3. HELP OUT YOUR QB. The wide receivers are absolutely pitiful right now. That includes every last one of them. Outside of Miller, who do you trust to be a difference maker for this offense? I'm not seeing anyone.

Look into my eyes
SF Haters
steelfury02 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2012, 01:03 PM   #116
desertsteel
Assistant Coach

Member Number: 915

Quote:
Originally Posted by steelerschik View Post
Considering I don't know you from any other person on the planet, your opinion is yours and doesn't much matter to me. To question someone's fanhood based on a personal feeling is what's stupid. This is a forum, personal feelings are allowed to be expressed. Don't share mine, oh well, don't care.
Exactly. That's why I share my feelings. Don't be so thin skinned. Especially since you can dole out the criticism.

The only way to win the super bowl is to make the playoffs. Recent history has proven that 9-7 teams can win the super bowl. I will celebrate it if it happens and I guess people like you will anguish that we didn't do it after going 14-2. So be it.
desertsteel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2012, 01:07 PM   #117
Terminator
Assistant Coach

Member Number: 24492
Thanked 1,098 Times in 435 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by SteelersCanada View Post
This team is still great, guys.
When you consistently lose to bad teams, you are not great.

You are bad. And you should feel bad.
Terminator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2012, 01:11 PM   #118
desertsteel
Assistant Coach

Member Number: 915

Quote:
Originally Posted by Terminator View Post
When you consistently lose to bad teams, you are not great.

You are bad. And you should feel bad.
The margin between good and bad in the NFL is a week-to-week proposition.
desertsteel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2012, 01:23 PM   #119
steelerschik
Bench Warmer

Member Number: 16103
My Mood: Worried

Quote:
Originally Posted by desertsteel View Post
Exactly. That's why I share my feelings. Don't be so thin skinned. Especially since you can dole out the criticism.

The only way to win the super bowl is to make the playoffs. Recent history has proven that 9-7 teams can win the super bowl. I will celebrate it if it happens and I guess people like you will anguish that we didn't do it after going 14-2. So be it.

LOL, I don't know where I was thin skinned. Everyone on here is nothing more than a faceless keyboard, I have no personal feelings either which way. And where was I "doling" out any criticism? You called me a nonfan. I simply stated you don't know me and you're entitled to your opinion, but it means nothing to me. Where is that criticism? It's just the truth. Like I said before, I've been watching this team since I can remember, I don't need anyone telling me what kind of fan I am. I do not think this is a good team this year. This team has not shown me any reason to think otherwise. I'd rather not be humiliated this year, i.e. last year's Tebow-fest and I've seen nothing from this team this year to say anything better will happen. I'm not on a ledge and It's not the end of the world, I know this team enough to know while they may be down this year, they're never down for long. Nothing wrong in admitting this ain't their year.

Christ people on this board want to hang someone for not breaking out the pom-poms or sharing the same enthusiasm for the POs.

Last edited by steelerschik; 12-10-2012 at 01:37 PM.
steelerschik is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to steelerschik For This Useful Post:
Terminator (12-10-2012)
Old 12-10-2012, 01:40 PM   #120
pete74
Super Moderator
Supporter

Member Number: 15921

As long as we can win out we will have a healthy team for the playoffs and can definitely go the entire way. We played a bad game, so what. It sucks but lets just look forward