Why register with the Steelers Fever Forums?
 • Intelligent and friendly discussions.
 • It's free and it's quick. Always.
 • Enter events in the forums calendar.
 • Very user friendly software.
 • Exclusive contests and giveaways.

Donate to Steelers Fever, Click here
 Our 2014 Goal: $450.00 - To Date: $450.00 (100.00%)
 Home | Forums | Editorials | Shop | Tickets | Downloads | Contact Pittsburgh Steelers Forum Feed Not Just Fans. Hardcore Fans.

Go Back   Steelers Fever Forums > Steelers Football > Pittsburgh Steelers

Steelers Fever Fan Shop

Doc's Sports Get FREE NFL Picks and College Football picks as well as Football Lines like live NFL Lines and updated NFL Power Rankings all at Doc's Sports Service.

Steelers

Old 12-10-2012, 02:55 PM   #121
desertsteel
Assistant Coach

Member Number: 915
Default Re: We don't deserve the playoffs

Quote:
Originally Posted by steelerschik View Post
LOL, I don't know where I was thin skinned. Everyone on here is nothing more than a faceless keyboard, I have no personal feelings either which way. And where was I "doling" out any criticism? You called me a nonfan. I simply stated you don't know me and you're entitled to your opinion, but it means nothing to me. Where is that criticism? It's just the truth. Like I said before, I've been watching this team since I can remember, I don't need anyone telling me what kind of fan I am. I do not think this is a good team this year. This team has not shown me any reason to think otherwise. I'd rather not be humiliated this year, i.e. last year's Tebow-fest and I've seen nothing from this team this year to say anything better will happen. I'm not on a ledge and It's not the end of the world, I know this team enough to know while they may be down this year, they're never down for long. Nothing wrong in admitting this ain't their year.

Christ people on this board want to hang someone for not breaking out the pom-poms or sharing the same enthusiasm for the POs.
If you are worried about being humiliated when we go to the playoffs, simple fix: don't watch. You said that you didn't care about my comments so quit responding to them. I have no pom poms. They sucked yesterday, but they could be great next Sunday. And recent history has proven, multiple times, that teams with average regular season records can get hot and win it all.
desertsteel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2012, 03:01 PM   #122
steelerschik
Bench Warmer

Member Number: 16103
My Mood: Cynical

Quote:
Originally Posted by desertsteel View Post
If you are worried about being humiliated when we go to the playoffs, simple fix: don't watch. You said that you didn't care about my comments so quit responding to them. I have no pom poms. They sucked yesterday, but they could be great next Sunday. And recent history has proven, multiple times, that teams with average regular season records can get hot and win it all.
Mmmm-k, agree to disagree.
steelerschik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2012, 03:07 PM   #123
AndyWitmyer
Assistant Coach

Member Number: 14802
My Mood: Cheeky

Quote:
Originally Posted by Terminator View Post
Doubtful. Look how long Rooney let Chuck Noll stay past his prime.

What someone did in the past holds too much weight compared to what they do in the present.
Not to mention Cowher...it took him how long to win a Super Bowl? He had how many shitty seasons as coach? Yet it seems like everyone around here thinks he was just terrific, every single game...every single year. Just as Noll and Cowher did before him, Tomlin will experience some mediocre-to-shitty seasons. It's going to happen folks - I'm not sure where this delusional "off-with-his-head" mentality comes from - it's really not the Steelers way, and all of us should know that by now.
Old 12-10-2012, 03:16 PM   #124
lasvegasguy
Water Boy

Member Number: 16394

Quote:
Originally Posted by AndyWitmyer View Post
Not to mention Cowher...it took him how long to win a Super Bowl? He had how many shitty seasons as coach? Yet it seems like everyone around here thinks he was just terrific, every single game...every single year. Just as Noll and Cowher did before him, Tomlin will experience some mediocre-to-shitty seasons. It's going to happen folks - I'm not sure where this delusional "off-with-his-head" mentality comes from - it's really not the Steelers way, and all of us should know that by now.
3 in 15 years and he never had less than 6 wins in those 3 losing seasons. And that is with the likes of Kordell Stewart, Mike Tomczak, Kent Graham, Tommy Maddox leading the way. That in itself is pretty remarkable. You must have become a fan in 2007.
lasvegasguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2012, 03:16 PM   #125
steelerchad
Team President
Supporter

Member Number: 5792

Crazy as it is, 2 out of 3 with 1 of the wins against Cincy and we're in. If we lose to Cincy and win the other 2, Cincy would need to lose the last game to the Ravens and we'd be in.

As crazy as it sounds there are also a lot of ways we get in at 8-8 if we beat Cincy.
steelerchad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2012, 03:24 PM   #126
lasvegasguy
Water Boy

Member Number: 16394

Quote:
Originally Posted by steelerchad View Post
Crazy as it is, 2 out of 3 with 1 of the wins against Cincy and we're in. If we lose to Cincy and win the other 2, Cincy would need to lose the last game to the Ravens and we'd be in.

As crazy as it sounds there are also a lot of ways we get in at 8-8 if we beat Cincy.
Since neither of us are a threat to the pathetic Ravens winning the North. They will be pretty much the 4th seed come hell or high water going into the last week of the season. I could see Harbaugh playing absolutely nobody and giving the Bengals the 6th seed over the Steelers. No way does he want us anywhere near the playoffs especially after getting the cold shoulder from Tomlin.
lasvegasguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2012, 03:28 PM   #127
steelfury02
Wing Kong Exchange - CEO
Supporter

Member Number: 6076
Thanked 4,954 Times in 2,345 Posts
My Mood: Fine

I dunno - not sure I would be scared of the Steelers right now.

I'VE GOT SOME YOUTHFUL ADJUSTMENTS FOR 'DAT AZZ
steelfury02 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2012, 03:43 PM   #128
ChampsOrBust
Water Boy

Member Number: 24585

I figure once Ben got back into shaking all the rust off, our offense would do things again. the o-line wouldn't let ben do anything though. it's because we praise them all week last week for what they did to baltimore and kept batch up. I believe they thought this would be an easy one i think ben and ryan clark were the only one's with there head's in the whole game. Wallace gets half a game IMO after he got booed he stepped it up. I still believe we can do damage if we get in the playoffs. As long as we don't get The broncos D. Thomas is the steeler killer. he has torched us twice. other than them i like our chances.
ChampsOrBust is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2012, 04:37 PM   #129
steelerchad
Team President
Supporter

Member Number: 5792

Quote:
Originally Posted by lasvegasguy View Post
3 in 15 years and he never had less than 6 wins in those 3 losing seasons. And that is with the likes of Kordell Stewart, Mike Tomczak, Kent Graham, Tommy Maddox leading the way. That in itself is pretty remarkable. You must have become a fan in 2007.
Well. Cowher had 3 losing seasons and 1 8-8 year. 2 of those losing seasons were in years 7 and 8, followed by a 9-7 season and missing the playoffs for the 3rd straight year. This is Tomlin's 6th year and I don't see a losing season here. Comparing the 2 so far they are very similar. Here's a little breakdown.

Through first 6 seasons.

regular season
Cowher 64-32 .667%
Tomlin 62-31 .667%

post season
Cowher 5-6 in 6 seasons. 1 SB appearance.
Tomlin 5-3 in 5 season. TBD in 2012. 2 SB appearances. 1 SB win

Total career for Cowher.
149-90-1 .621% regular season
8-9 playoffs with 1 SB win and another appearance.

Many will say he did it with no QB, but he had O'Donnell for the first 4 years and Ben for the last 3. The middle was ugly, but his starters were either Kordell, Tomczak, or Maddox. He didn't win the big one until Ben.
If Tomlin keeps on his current pace, he will surpass Cowher's totals and the Steelers are the kind of organization that will have the patience to do it.
steelerchad is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to steelerchad For This Useful Post:
AndyWitmyer (12-10-2012)
Old 12-10-2012, 05:11 PM   #130
BrandonCarr39
Team Captain

Member Number: 7458

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fire Arians View Post
Not only getting beat, but getting BLOWN OUT at home against a below average team? Did we just expect to steamroll this game because big mighty ben is back and we made a statement game against the ravens? surely the chargers would just come down and lay down for us, right?

Judging by the play of both offensive lines, if I had to guess one team was losing 3 starters, it would be us, not them.

Tomlin getting out-coached by Norv Turner, who doesn't deserve to be an NFL head coach (which is why he's getting fired), and led the biggest team of under-achievers in the last decade, of course, not to be outdone by us today.

5 games on the schedule after baltimore that we 'should win', of course, that made me nervous, because we 'should have' beaten oakland, tennessee, cleveland, and 'should have' won against KC easily, but did we?

Ever since Tomlin took over, does it seem like we always never win the easy ones? Who takes the blame for not getting the team ready in games we should win? That falls on the HC imo.

I can't even say I'm that disappointed about this game, as our team seems to be predictable in allowing these letdown games to happen against weaker competition. Who knows though, maybe if we manage to squeak into the playoffs, we don't have to worry about 'trap' games since they're all good teams?

but hey it could be worse, at least we didn't get swept by baltimore again.
Well, the Falcons looked horrible against a bad, injury-riddled Carolina team yesterday.

Honestly, the Texans don't impress me much either.

Just wait until how all the games play out week to week - remember last year when we all thought the Giants were finished after they got swept by the lowly Redskins in week 15.