Why register with the Steelers Fever Forums?
 • Intelligent and friendly discussions.
 • It's free and it's quick. Always.
 • Enter events in the forums calendar.
 • Very user friendly software.
 • Exclusive contests and giveaways.

Donate to Steelers Fever, Click here
 Our 2014 Goal: $450.00 - To Date: $450.00 (100.00%)
 Home | Forums | Editorials | Shop | Tickets | Downloads | Contact Pittsburgh Steelers Forum Feed Not Just Fans. Hardcore Fans.

Go Back   Steelers Fever Forums > Steelers Football > Pittsburgh Steelers

Steelers Fever Fan Shop

Doc's Sports Get FREE NFL Picks and College Football picks as well as Football Lines like live NFL Lines and updated NFL Power Rankings all at Doc's Sports Service.

Steelers Fever Presents...

Steelers Panthers

GAMEDAY
Sunday, September 21, 8:30 PM
NBC

Old 12-09-2012, 03:37 PM   #21
GMU Steeler
Living Legend

Member Number: 16173
Default Re: We don't deserve the playoffs

You could say Cincy doesn't "deserve" it either because they did everything possible to give Dallas that victory. Really, I hate "deserve the playoffs" posts, if you want to say we played like shit today, go for it, I'm right there with you but "don't deserve the playoffs" is silly when every team makes or misses the playoffs by the same rules.
GMU Steeler is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2012, 03:38 PM   #22
Steelerindc
Draft Prospect

Member Number: 15880

I'm not a Tomlin sympathizer and I have questioned him many times this year (especially 3&2 against B'more), but is there a coach you would rather have coaching this team?

This has not been his best year as the Steelers HC, for some reason I feel like the relationship between him and Haley is not a good one.

Most of you might disagree, but I believe the relationship between HC and OC is very important and I don't think these two mesh with each other right now.
Steelerindc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2012, 03:43 PM   #23
AndyWitmyer
Assistant Coach

Member Number: 14802

If a team gets into the playoffs - then, going strictly by the rules of the game...I mean, like it or not...that team deserves to be there.

We haven't been ruled out - with the Bengals and Ravens both losing, it kind of makes the loss more palatable - but holy hell, had they beaten the Chargers, it would have gone a long way towards strengthening their 6th seed position.

Last edited by AndyWitmyer; 12-09-2012 at 04:03 PM.
AndyWitmyer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2012, 03:45 PM   #24
PhantomJB93
Team President

Member Number: 13907
My Mood: Drunk

Yeah the Tomlin hate is starting to remind me of the Suisham hate last year. Yeah, he makes some boneheaded decisions sometimes, but I guarantee if anyone else not named Belichick, Coughlin, Payton, or McCarthy were coaching this team, you'd be even more fed up.

Yes we can still make it to the playoffs, especially with Cincy losing today, but the way we played was ridiculously disheartening. This is the stretch of the season where you're supposed to turn it into high gear and really start on a roll and build momentum into the playoffs. We did the opposite.
PhantomJB93 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to PhantomJB93 For This Useful Post:
AndyWitmyer (12-09-2012)
Old 12-09-2012, 03:48 PM   #25
AndyWitmyer
Assistant Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by PhantomJB93 View Post
Yeah the Tomlin hate is starting to remind me of the Suisham hate last year. Yeah, he makes some boneheaded decisions sometimes, but I guarantee if anyone else not named Belichick, Coughlin, Payton, or McCarthy were coaching this team, you'd be even more fed up.

Yes we can still make it to the playoffs, especially with Cincy losing today, but the way we played was ridiculously disheartening. This is the stretch of the season where you're supposed to turn it into high gear and really start on a roll and build momentum into the playoffs. We did the opposite.
We were playing a desperate team with a horrible record that was definitely playing to keep their coach from losing his job. They had nothing left to lose - except for their price, and their coach. I don't care what our record is (or anyone else's): that makes a 4-10 a very dangerous team to play.

Combine with a rusty first half performance from Ben and you get the game that we got. Classic trap game.
Old 12-09-2012, 03:52 PM   #26
Lady Steel
Queen Bee
Supporter

Member Number: 16396
Thanked 5,944 Times in 2,279 Posts
My Mood: Angelic

Quote:
Originally Posted by AndyWitmyer View Post
We were playing a desperate team with a horrible record that was definitely playing to keep their coach from losing his job. They had nothing left to lose - except for their price, and their coach. I don't care what our record is (or anyone else's): that makes a 4-10 a very dangerous team to play.

Combine with a rusty first half performance from Ben and you get the game that we got. Classic trap game.
Yep, and we have an uphill battle playing the Cowboys next week, too, who will be a team to be reckoned with given the events that happened with their team this week. The Steelers need to get their heads out of their butts and be prepared for Dallas.
Lady Steel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2012, 03:56 PM   #27
ChristianKustomz
Starter

Member Number: 24383

I have had enough of this Steelers franchise, coaches and players.

I do blame Tomlin for quite a bit here. The buck stops with him. I'm tired of the same interviews "well we take responsibility for this game. It's our bad. Ummm you know the standard is the standard and we'll just have to go back to basics because ummm well the standard is the standard" etc.!

Fire Todd Haley, get rid of that worthless, overpaid spider monkey Wallace who couldn't even catch a cold, fire Mendenhall, fire Leftwich and possibly keep Batch. As much as I can't stand the guy he played a hell of a lot better then Big Ben.

Do we deserve the playoffs? I agree with the OP. It would be nice to be champs again but I dont see that happening with our team playing like a bunch of retards eating an icecreme cone. We do not deserve it the way they have been playing. You can win championships with turnover after turnover after turnover; or penalties; or fumbles; or dropped passes; or special teams lost yards etc.

I live Ben but I think he just needs to sit these out.
ChristianKustomz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2012, 03:59 PM   #28
AndyWitmyer
Assistant Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChristianKustomz View Post
I have had enough of this Steelers franchise, coaches and players.

I do blame Tomlin for quite a bit here. The buck stops with him. I'm tired of the same interviews "well we take responsibility for this game. It's our bad. Ummm you know the standard is the standard and we'll just have to go back to basics because ummm well the standard is the standard" etc.!

Fire Todd Haley, get rid of that worthless, overpaid spider monkey Wallace who couldn't even catch a cold, fire Mendenhall, fire Leftwich and possibly keep Batch. As much as I can't stand the guy he played a hell of a lot better then Big Ben.

Do we deserve the playoffs? I agree with the OP. It would be nice to be champs again but I dont see that happening with our team playing like a bunch of retards eating an icecreme cone. We do not deserve it the way they have been playing. You can win championships with turnover after turnover after turnover; or penalties; or fumbles; or dropped passes; or special teams lost yards etc.

Would like some whine with your cheese? They played a bad game in a mediocre season. Believe it or not, every team in the league will have a disappointing. And if you think the buck stops at Haley or Tomlin, you're entirely deluded.
Old 12-09-2012, 04:02 PM   #29
AndyWitmyer
Assistant Coach

And, I dunno - this was Wallace's best game all season. He'll need to keep this up if he's sincerely interested in keeping his job here in Pittsburgh. The team may have lost, but he was one of the brighter spots (in that he's shown some definite improvement) - so why all of the hate? Wallace has been disappointing, but we've still got a few more games left for him to exorcise the demons.
Old 12-09-2012, 04:09 PM   #30
fansince'76
Living Legend
Supporter

Member Number: 1984

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChristianKustomz View Post
How the fuck does Ben get back up to game speed by continuing to sit out?

Think, then post.
fansince'76 is offline   Reply With Quote