Why register with the Steelers Fever Forums?
 • Intelligent and friendly discussions.
 • It's free and it's quick. Always.
 • Enter events in the forums calendar.
 • Very user friendly software.
 • Exclusive contests and giveaways.

Donate to Steelers Fever, Click here
 Our 2013 Goal: $400.00 - To Date: $00.00 (00.00%)
 Home | Forums | Editorials | Shop | Tickets | Downloads | Contact Pittsburgh Steelers Forum Feed Not Just Fans. Hardcore Fans.

Go Back   Steelers Fever Forums > Steelers Football > Pittsburgh Steelers

Steelers Fever Fan Shop

Doc's Sports Get FREE NFL Picks and College Football picks as well as Football Lines like live NFL Lines and updated NFL Power Rankings all at Doc's Sports Service.

Steelers Steelers - Bills Bills
August 16th, 2014, 7:30pmET

CBS

Old 12-09-2012, 04:53 PM   #51
Ricco Suavez
Head Coach

Member Number: 7718
Default Re: We don't deserve the playoffs

Cowher had something going for him Tomlin has not had since his hire. A legit OL and power RB. We have a run game that is very inconsistent, SD stacked the line and did not fear the big hitter that might bust a long run. The line looked as poor today as it looked improving last week. The defense let Rivers have too much time especially with that makeshift OL they fielded. Lets not forget Cowher teams were not immune to losses to bad teams, 2-14 Oakland in 2006 , 5-11 Cleveland, 6-10 Jets, 7-9 SF in 2004, (skipped Bens rookie season of 15-1, we just did not lose that season) Houston 4-12 in 2003. Every team loses to teams that have less than stellar records even Cowher led teams.

With all that said Tomlin has his work cut out for him, some tough moves need to be made,(and I thought last year was tough as far as cutting some old favorites). Coaches are going to have to be held accountable including his self. I thought Haley did as poor of job with the offense today as he has all year, the run was not working and we continued to try running early and leaving Ben in passing situation where the line succumbed to the rush. The defense had to stay on the field today more and their age showed for the only the second time this season.

As far as not deserving, if we make it in we deserve, just like every team's record reflects their season. Giants were 7-7 with 2 games left last year, did they deserve to make it, did they deserve to play in the post season. I know we all were disgusted by the play of the Steelers today, I have been disgusted at times this year even in wins. I felt before Ben went down that we were starting to jell and come together as a unit both on defense and offense. WE STILL CAN. But its going to take some hard looks by the players and coaches at themselves. I would like to see us handle our motivation behind closed doors and man up in the locker room, no rah rah talk on TV , just get it done. WE were given a reprieve by the Cowboys in their win over Cincy , now we need to pay them back by beating them next week at their home.
Ricco Suavez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2012, 04:54 PM   #52
pete74
Super Moderator
Supporter

Member Number: 15921

Who are these bad teams the giants lost to last season? Besides The Saints and 49'ers who were awesome I only remember them losing division games which are always tough
Old 12-09-2012, 05:02 PM   #53
fansince'76
Living Legend
Supporter

Member Number: 1984

Quote:
Originally Posted by pete74 View Post
Who are these bad teams the giants lost to last season? Besides The Saints and 49'ers who were awesome I only remember them losing division games which are always tough
They were swept by the 5-11 Redskins by double digits in both games. They lost at home to the 7-9 Seahawks. Rationalize it any way you want, but their regular season performance was simply not that impressive. And nobody in their right mind gave them a snowball's chance in hell of doing anything at the beginning of the postseason last year.
fansince'76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2012, 05:04 PM   #54
Ricco Suavez
Head Coach

Member Number: 7718

Quote:
Division game or not they lost to Wash twice and they finished 5-11, lost to Seattle 7-9 and the Eagles who collapsed last year and finished 8-8. We have lost to a Cleveland team that whether any Steeler wants to give credit to or not is a quality opponent and young and improving. Losses to Oak and Tenn hurt as much as any, but there is history with both those teams much like divisional teams. San Diego was blowing Denver out and then went stone cold and they are now 5-8 and Norv Turner while not being able to win, has a stellar record in December games. (Plus they were due). We had a rusty QB who either you throw him out there and hope he gets his game back or you continue to sit him on the bench and that makes no sense at all.
Ricco Suavez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2012, 05:05 PM   #55
desertsteel
Assistant Coach

Member Number: 915

I'm ready for the bench Ben and start Batch threads............
desertsteel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2012, 05:22 PM   #56
The Curtain's Crusader
Bench Warmer

Member Number: 17934

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fire Arians View Post
hey you got a point there

is it a bad thing that I'm more worried about playing dallas and cleveland than cincy?
Shouldn't be worried about Dallas...they have a winning record now.
The Curtain's Crusader is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2012, 05:23 PM   #57
LVSteelersfan
Living Legend

Member Number: 6620
My Mood: Cheerful

Bottom line is the players play with no heart and no fire. Doesn't matter what the coaching staff does if the players just go through the motions. We should have eaten that Oline for dinner and knocked RIvers on his butt all day long. Giving up third down after third down after third down and then fourth down is just pathetic and shows lack of focus big time. Maybe the coaching staff is not instilling that fire. Maybe not. But bottom line is the players need to want to win. And they can't wait for the second half to get the fire going. It has to start on the first play of the game. I live and breathe Steelers football and this lack of concern on the players' parts is disturbing.

COACH - Breakfast of Champions !!!
LVSteelersfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2012, 05:28 PM   #58
pete74
Super Moderator
Supporter

Member Number: 15921

Quote:
Originally Posted by fansince'76 View Post
They were swept by the 5-11 Redskins by double digits in both games. They lost at home to the 7-9 Seahawks. Rationalize it any way you want, but their regular season performance was simply not that impressive. And nobody in their right mind gave them a snowball's chance in hell of doing anything at the beginning of the postseason last year.
So the seahawks who had a top run game and decent defense is the only bad team they lostt to out of there division?
Old 12-09-2012, 05:40 PM   #59
TRH
Living Legend

Member Number: 17206

Quote:
Originally Posted by LVSteelersfan View Post
Bottom line is the players play with no heart and no fire. Doesn't matter what the coaching staff does if the players just go through the motions. We should have eaten that Oline for dinner and knocked RIvers on his butt all day long. Giving up third down after third down after third down and then fourth down is just pathetic and shows lack of focus big time. Maybe the coaching staff is not instilling that fire. Maybe not. But bottom line is the players need to want to win. And they can't wait for the second half to get the fire going. It has to start on the first play of the game. I live and breathe Steelers football and this lack of concern on the players' parts is disturbing.
To me - Timmons was the only one who appeared to be giving his all on every play. Everybody else seemingly looked like they were "just hanging out"
TRH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2012, 05:42 PM   #60
Fire Arians
Anti-Spammer Mod

Member Number: 16570
Thanked 6,012 Times in 2,569 Posts
My Mood: Yeehaw

Quote:
So the seahawks who had a top run game and decent defense is the only bad team they lostt to out of there division?
that seattle team last year was still pretty good compared to any of the teams we lost to this year, except denver and baltimore
Fire Arians is online now   Reply With Quote