Why register with the Steelers Fever Forums?
 • Intelligent and friendly discussions.
 • It's free and it's quick. Always.
 • Enter events in the forums calendar.
 • Very user friendly software.
 • Exclusive contests and giveaways.

Donate to Steelers Fever, Click here
 Our 2014 Goal: $450.00 - To Date: $450.00 (100.00%)
 Home | Forums | Editorials | Shop | Tickets | Downloads | Contact Pittsburgh Steelers Forum Feed Not Just Fans. Hardcore Fans.

Go Back   Steelers Fever Forums > Steelers Football > Pittsburgh Steelers

Steelers Fever Fan Shop

Doc's Sports Get FREE NFL Picks and College Football picks as well as Football Lines like live NFL Lines and updated NFL Power Rankings all at Doc's Sports Service.

Steelers Fever Presents...

Steelers Panthers

GAMEDAY
Sunday, September 21, 8:30 PM
NBC

Old 12-09-2012, 09:07 PM   #91
Steel Warrior
Draft Prospect

Member Number: 2771
Default Re: Please come off the ledge

Quote:
Originally Posted by Atlanta Dan View Post
Helpful hint - if you are too drunk to drive you are probably too drunk to post
Really, who insulted who first, been a member a long time, just don't post much, but don't take crap from jerks either.
Steel Warrior is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2012, 09:11 PM   #92
Atlanta Dan
Resigned
Supporter

Member Number: 728
Thanked 7,209 Times in 3,233 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steel Warrior View Post
Really, who insulted who first, been a member a long time, just don't post much, but don't take crap from jerks either.
I gave you the benefit of the doubt that you were drunk when posting that moronic response - if you were sober you really need to consider taking off the rest of the evening from the forum to cool down

Atlanta Dan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2012, 09:14 PM   #93
btaylor179
Bench Warmer

Member Number: 15251

not the end of the world but that was poorly coached game as well......goin for it on 4th down when we havent moved the ball at all.......any one coach these guys to kick the ball out of endzone? this aint pee wee
btaylor179 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2012, 09:16 PM   #94
harrison'samonster
Living Legend

Member Number: 17630
Thanked 8,951 Times in 3,702 Posts
My Mood: Mellow

Quote:
Originally Posted by btaylor179 View Post
not the end of the world but that was poorly coached game as well......goin for it on 4th down when we havent moved the ball at all.......any one coach these guys to kick the ball out of endzone? this aint pee wee
yeah, I don't know what AB was thinking. He obviously was smart enough to hustle after the ball even when it looked like an incomplete pass, but c'mon, kick the stinking thing out of the endzone!
have you ever wondered what your life would have been like if you became a hired goon right out of school? you would have had a chance to learn the ropes from other goons and rub shoulders with all kinds of seedy characters. oh the stories you would be able to tell.
harrison'samonster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2012, 09:17 PM   #95
ETL
Team President
Supporter

Member Number: 14528

Quote:
What's your point, yeah, you're great! How about you go fu*k yourself and when you're done, fu*k somebody that looks just like you! Isn't that great!! Fuckin moron.
my point is that you used today's game (the latest piece of information) and only that information to predict what would happen for the next 4 weeks and onwards

you are quick to judge and resign

and as far as your maturity ... well, you proved my point
Old 12-09-2012, 09:20 PM   #96
ETL
Team President
Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by casteeler View Post
So, because I said I like to Argue you compare me to Jeffery Dahmer? Seems to me you like to insult people who don't share your views.Were all Steeler fans on this Forum and its disappointing to me that your allowed to insult fellow posters
no - arguing is fine. you posted that you want to get a reaction.

that's like saying anything and doing anything - because the reaction is the desired result

if you "argue" then you are trying to make a point - i will respect any point that you make - but I will go after whatever you use to support your point - especially if your supporting evidence is weak
Old 12-09-2012, 09:20 PM   #97
Atlanta Dan
Resigned
Supporter

Member Number: 728
Thanked 7,209 Times in 3,233 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by btaylor179 View Post
Agreed - it was as if Tomlin thought being stubborn could will the team to a first down

But the killer was the 9 minute drive for most of the 3rd quarter - Tom Brady or Peyton Manning can only hope they get a shot at Curtis Brown in the playoffs
Atlanta Dan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2012, 09:21 PM   #98
Ricco Suavez
Head Coach

Member Number: 7718

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steel_Bus_24 View Post
Ben threw game changing INTs the week before against the Colts that lost us that game due to a shoulder injury......Then he got hurt again early agaisnt the Redskins

No one was saying they wanted Leftwich in there any longer then it would take for Ben to get healthy enough to where a repeat of that Colts game performance wasn't assured
Hate to disagree with you but I had many a post on just those thoughts. People were on here wanting to bench Ben I saved a PM from one disgruntled Ben hater for a long time after the Superbowl telling me how Ben did nothing to win that game even after taking over on the 10-15 yard line after the Cardinals took the lead. There was many on here calling for Ben to be replaced because we were struggling to score points and Lefty had a great game against the Redskins.
Ricco Suavez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2012, 09:30 PM   #99
Ricco Suavez
Head Coach

Member Number: 7718

I do not begrudge anyone 's opinion, but if you going to bitch and bemoan every loss than why even come on here. Save yourself the ulcers, switch teams, watch Andy Griffith reruns and stay away from the ESPN and NFL channels. The same ones who were pounding their chests last Sunday night are the same ones wanting to fight anyone who still has a shred of faith. Someone said the key is not getting too high or too low and this is exactly what some do. We win an emotional game and suddenly Ben is cleared to play, Ravens look fallible and we looking like Superbowl here we come. Ben comes out rusty, no running room, defense plays either their worse or at least their second worse game of the year and BOOM we horsecrap again. Whats it going to be next week if we win, or the next if we beat Cincy, or even the next and beat Cleveland, then will we be Superbowl bound again. If history has taught us anything it is not an advantage to peak early, a three game winning streak going into the playoffs could cure a lot of ill will on this board. I dont always see sunshine but like Annie sang it will come out again and like Daddy said "the sun shines on a dogs ass sometimes".
Ricco Suavez is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Ricco Suavez For This Useful Post:
Atlanta Dan (12-09-2012), ETL (12-09-2012)
Old 12-09-2012, 09:37 PM   #100
ETL
Team President
Supporter

Quote:
Do you know what you posted?

here it is:

To the optimists, did you actually watch today's game? This team is NOT making the playoffs, nor should they. They're a middle of the road team at best. We'd be killed by the Pats, Texans, or Broncos. Better to go out quitely.

First - you think today's game, just ONE game should deter us "optimists" from thinking how we think. Forget about the fact that Ben is our QB, forget that we can beat the Ravens and Giants on their field. Forget that we have gone to 3 of the last 7 Super Bowls. No, let's just use ONE game - to judge the rest of the season.

Second - you come to a Steelers message board and tell us that the Steelers should not make the playoff. Again, just based on this ONE game - we are not going to make the playoffs and even add that we should not DESERVE to make the playoffs - meaning that in your judgment base on ONE game, we should forfeit a playoff spot or any desires to make the playoffs.

Third - you elevate other opponents - the Pats - who lost to the cardinals at home this year (hmm, why aren't you using that ONE game), the Texans - who have not won anything ever and the Broncos - who are basically a new team with Manning - and guess what - the Steelers have beaten Manning in the playoff and beaten the Broncos in the playoffs as well.

Fourth - you think we will get "killed" by these opponents. Why would you think that? Maybe its all based on ONE game.

Finally - you say that we should go out "quietly." I think that just blew my mind. I can't even believe you are a fan of the Steelers when you say something like that. "Go out quietly" Why would you root for anything that goes out quietly.

I'm sorry but the sum of your statements deserved a strong response saying how reactionary you were - based on ONE game. I just chose to use the stock market to make my point.