Why register with the Steelers Fever Forums?
 • Intelligent and friendly discussions.
 • It's free and it's quick. Always.
 • Enter events in the forums calendar.
 • Very user friendly software.
 • Exclusive contests and giveaways.

Donate to Steelers Fever, Click here
 Our 2014 Goal: $450.00 - To Date: $450.00 (100.00%)
 Home | Forums | Editorials | Shop | Tickets | Downloads | Contact Pittsburgh Steelers Forum Feed Not Just Fans. Hardcore Fans.

Go Back   Steelers Fever Forums > Steelers Football > Pittsburgh Steelers

Steelers Fever Fan Shop

Doc's Sports Get FREE NFL Picks and College Football picks as well as Football Lines like live NFL Lines and updated NFL Power Rankings all at Doc's Sports Service.

Steelers Bucs

Old 12-09-2012, 09:40 PM   #101
Stlrs4Life
Tailgate Coordinator
Supporter

Member Number: 419
Default Re: Please come off the ledge

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rowland2110 View Post
And it was completely predictable . Any and all steeler fans should have seen it coming.

I never, ever see the Steelers playing that terrible ever! That was very pathetic. You don't just get better over night. I am not, and will not make excuses for them. They should be very ashamed, and embarassed. Heck, I'm embarassed for them!

As far as the original post, very good post and read. This is reality though. This team shows no consistency what ever. Another stat for ya. Any time a team wins a very emotional game, bet against them the following week. You will win that bet every time.

It's not just Steeler Football, it's a way of Life! "I'm a Champion"
Stlrs4Life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2012, 09:43 PM   #102
ETL
Team President
Supporter

Member Number: 14528

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stlrs4Life View Post
Another stat for ya. Any time a team wins a very emotional game, bet against them the following week. You will win that bet every time.
I think that's what was "predictable"

I agree with you that the Steelers are not as "reliable" as they should be but they are good enough to beat the Bengals and Browns and they get to play them at home.

That is where I am basing my optimism for making the playoffs.
Old 12-09-2012, 09:45 PM   #103
Steel_Bus_24
Team Owner

Member Number: 2886
Thanked 1,046 Times in 509 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ricco Suavez View Post
I do not begrudge anyone 's opinion, but if you going to bitch and bemoan every loss than why even come on here. Save yourself the ulcers, switch teams, watch Andy Griffith reruns and stay away from the ESPN and NFL channels. The same ones who were pounding their chests last Sunday night are the same ones wanting to fight anyone who still has a shred of faith. Someone said the key is not getting too high or too low and this is exactly what some do. We win an emotional game and suddenly Ben is cleared to play, Ravens look fallible and we looking like Superbowl here we come. Ben comes out rusty, no running room, defense plays either their worse or at least their second worse game of the year and BOOM we horsecrap again. Whats it going to be next week if we win, or the next if we beat Cincy, or even the next and beat Cleveland, then will we be Superbowl bound again. If history has taught us anything it is not an advantage to peak early, a three game winning streak going into the playoffs could cure a lot of ill will on this board. I dont always see sunshine but like Annie sang it will come out again and like Daddy said "the sun shines on a dogs ass sometimes".
Not Me

I wanted to see us build off of last week and show what we haven't shown all year...some consistency

In that "Who Should Worry Us" thread my response of "they all should worry us"....was met with a "Its them who should fear us"

Also Known as SteelerSpartan
Steel_Bus_24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2012, 10:07 PM   #104
casteeler
Assistant Coach

Member Number: 15446
My Mood: Doubtful

Quote:
Originally Posted by ETL View Post
no - arguing is fine. you posted that you want to get a reaction.

that's like saying anything and doing anything - because the reaction is the desired result

if you "argue" then you are trying to make a point - i will respect any point that you make - but I will go after whatever you use to support your point - especially if your supporting evidence is weak
No you didn't compare me to Jeffery Dahmer? We disagree and you don't see my point of view
casteeler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2012, 10:19 PM   #105
SteeleReign
Team President

Member Number: 13943

Quote:
I don't think the team is bipolar. I just think they are playing against other professional teams and the phrase "any given Sunday" isn't a phrase by accident

I think you are the one being bipolar. Steelers are great last week and they suck this week? To me, they have been the same team all year: an above average team that had a chance to make a deep run in the playoffs.

As for the "cheap shot" - I apologize. I meant to write that just pointing out teams that did well for this year only is a pea brained thing to do and did not mean to call u pea brained
It's all good then. And I appreciate your optimism in trying to paint the Steelers current status as "normal" and a result of the "any given Sunday" parity of the NFL.

However, my stance in not that the sky is falling or that the team sucks or that the entire coaching staff and half the players need to find new jobs. I'm simply stating that this team is under-performing given the quality of the roster, the high number of veterans, and the supposed top-notch coaching.

To be honest, the team has created their own high expectations and therefore, their own disappointment. If I were a Bengals or Redskins fan, for example, I wouldn't expect more from this team. But, as a fan of the 6-time champs, I can't accept today's effort as just "one of those things that happen to every team from time to time." Sorry.
SteeleReign is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2012, 10:20 PM   #106
Steelers17
Draft Prospect

Member Number: 15580

How much better should we feel after reviewing which of our favorites will be hot tubing it again?

http://tinyurl.com/abdmwv6
Steelers17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2012, 10:34 PM   #107
austinfrench76
Head Coach

Member Number: 3516

I for one did not see this coming. Who would of??? After a HUGE team win last week and the way the line had played both O and D. No one was thinking we were going to lose this game. Some may have cautioned that SD was no push over, and their not, but no on saw this coming. No excuses for this effort today. Sucked.
austinfrench76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2012, 10:45 PM   #108
ETL
Team President
Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by SteeleReign View Post
It's all good then. And I appreciate your optimism in trying to paint the Steelers current status as "normal" and a result of the "any given Sunday" parity of the NFL.

However, my stance in not that the sky is falling or that the team sucks or that the entire coaching staff and half the players need to find new jobs. I'm simply stating that this team is under-performing given the quality of the roster, the high number of veterans, and the supposed top-notch coaching.

To be honest, the team has created their own high expectations and therefore, their own disappointment. If I were a Bengals or Redskins fan, for example, I wouldn't expect more from this team. But, as a fan of the 6-time champs, I can't accept today's effort as just "one of those things that happen to every team from time to time." Sorry.
Thanks for accepting my apology. My bad.

As for underperforming and "quality of the roster" - i don't know. I don't think we have one ProBowl player in the defense (maybe ryan clark) and maybe Heath Miller on offense. Let's face it, Ben is why we even have a chance or any hope.

I think we are as good as Ben plays or as good as Ben can play (OL, injuries, WR dropping balls) so to be 7-6 with Ben out three games so far is not all that surprising to me.

I am not blindly optimistic. If we had to beat Cincy and Cleveland away to get into the playoffs - then I wouldn't be so optimistic. But familiar foes at home with a healthy Ben - I like our chances.
Old 12-09-2012, 10:48 PM   #109
ETL
Team President
Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by casteeler View Post
No you didn't compare me to Jeffery Dahmer? We disagree and you don't see my point of view

provocateur

[pruh-vok-uh-tur, -too r; French praw-vaw-ka-túr]

noun, plural pro∑vo∑ca∑teurs [-turz, -too rz; French -túr].

a person who provokes trouble, causes dissension, or the like; agitator.

having fun yet?
Old 12-09-2012, 10:54 PM   #110
SteeleReign
Team President

Member Number: 13943

Quote:
Thanks for accepting my apology. My bad.

As for underperforming and "quality of the roster" - i don't know. I don't think we have one ProBowl player in the defense (maybe ryan clark) and maybe Heath Miller on offense. Let's face it, Ben is why we even have a chance or any hope.

I think we are as good as Ben plays or as good as Ben can play (OL, injuries, WR dropping balls) so to be 7-6 with Ben out three games so far is not all that surprising to me.

I am not blindly optimistic. If we had to beat Cincy and Cleveland away to get into the playoffs - then I wouldn't be so optimistic. But familiar foes at home with a healthy Ben - I like our chances.
I respect that opinion. But, why don't we have more Pro Bowlers? Generally speaking, winning teams supply the most Pro Bowlers. Why can't Mike Wallace be a Pro Bowler? Or Pouncey? Or Ziggy? Or Keenan Lewis? I guess I'm just saying that winning breeds success. If we had beaten Tennessee, Oakland, KC, and San Diego like we should have, then I'm willing to bet, at 10-3, we'd have a handful more Pro Bowlers.

Like you said, though, we still have the drivers seat for the playoffs and you just never know what happens in the playoffs.
SteeleReign is offline   Reply With Quote