Why register with the Steelers Fever Forums?
 • Intelligent and friendly discussions.
 • It's free and it's quick. Always.
 • Enter events in the forums calendar.
 • Very user friendly software.
 • Exclusive contests and giveaways.

Donate to Steelers Fever, Click here
 Our 2014 Goal: $450.00 - To Date: $450.00 (100.00%)
 Home | Forums | Editorials | Shop | Tickets | Downloads | Contact Pittsburgh Steelers Forum Feed Not Just Fans. Hardcore Fans.

Go Back   Steelers Fever Forums > Steelers Football > Pittsburgh Steelers

Steelers Fever Fan Shop

Doc's Sports Get FREE NFL Picks and College Football picks as well as Football Lines like live NFL Lines and updated NFL Power Rankings all at Doc's Sports Service.

Steelers

An important history lesson for you TRUE Steelers fans!

Old 12-09-2012, 05:33 PM   #21
SteelersCanada
Living Legend
Supporter

Member Number: 24400
Thanked 11,746 Times in 4,797 Posts
Default Re: Please come off the ledge

Mikey had 7 catches for 112 yards and 2 touchdowns and people are still bitching at him. He had a drop, and it was a big one, but it was a poorly placed ball. Should he have had it? Absolutely. But, if it was placed in front of him in a way that he could run underneath it and make a play, it would have been a touchdown. However, he made up for this with two touchdown grabs and a couple of key third down catches. Say what you want, but Wallace had a great game today. One drop shouldn't define a game, but people are looking to scapegoat the shit out of Mike and this is the result.

Once again, however, people are conveniently leaving out the fact that Dwyer played like absolute shit and had one more rush yard than Roethlisberger did. He's not the answer at running back and we need to acquire one via free agency, draft or trade for one. He's not cutting it and we should have the door open for him out of Pittsburgh at the end of the season.

On top of that, Brown had more drops than Wallace. The guy that everyone else loves on this board, had more drops and more key plays lost than Wallace did. He dropped the long ball when being defended by Weddle. He dropped another one coming over the middle. He couldn't get two feet in bounds at the end of the game and it resulted in 2nd-and-20. Brown didn't have a good game, but Wallace had a good enough one to forget about all of that.

The entire team, top to bottom, played like absolute shit. Everyone (save for Mike). However, the good news is this doesn't happen often. When was the last time Troy and James took penalties consecutively? Everything we saw out there can be and will be fixed against Dallas. We're jumping off a ledge for no reason, and it's a little ridiculous.

I understand frustration in losing to bad teams. I get it. Saying stupid fucking things like 'sit Ben! fire Tomlin! this team sucks!' gets us nowhere. We need to take a collective breath and relax - we still control our own destiny. Two of the remaining three games are at Heinz Field and we (typically) don't lose those.

Relax, Steeler Nation. We're still in good shape, especially with the Ravens playing the Broncos and Giants over the next two weeks. We could potentially be in first place in the AFC North in two weeks time and that's something we all have to think about. There's reason for optimism and yet we're all acting like a bunch of 12 year old bi-polar girls.
SteelersCanada is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2012, 05:36 PM   #22
btaylor179
Bench Warmer

Member Number: 15251

yep exactley.......any fan knows we play down to our competition
btaylor179 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2012, 05:38 PM   #23
SteeleReign
Team President

Member Number: 13943

Quote:
Originally Posted by SteelersCanada View Post
Mikey had 7 catches for 112 yards and 2 touchdowns and people are still bitching at him. He had a drop, and it was a big one, but it was a poorly placed ball. Should he have had it? Absolutely. But, if it was placed in front of him in a way that he could run underneath it and make a play, it would have been a touchdown. However, he made up for this with two touchdown grabs and a couple of key third down catches. Say what you want, but Wallace had a great game today. One drop shouldn't define a game, but people are looking to scapegoat the shit out of Mike and this is the result.

Once again, however, people are conveniently leaving out the fact that Dwyer played like absolute shit and had one more rush yard than Roethlisberger did. He's not the answer at running back and we need to acquire one via free agency, draft or trade for one. He's not cutting it and we should have the door open for him out of Pittsburgh at the end of the season.

On top of that, Brown had more drops than Wallace. The guy that everyone else loves on this board, had more drops and more key plays lost than Wallace did. He dropped the long ball when being defended by Weddle. He dropped another one coming over the middle. He couldn't get two feet in bounds at the end of the game and it resulted in 2nd-and-20. Brown didn't have a good game, but Wallace had a good enough one to forget about all of that.

The entire team, top to bottom, played like absolute shit. Everyone (save for Mike). However, the good news is this doesn't happen often. When was the last time Troy and James took penalties consecutively? Everything we saw out there can be and will be fixed against Dallas. We're jumping off a ledge for no reason, and it's a little ridiculous.

I understand frustration in losing to bad teams. I get it. Saying stupid fucking things like 'sit Ben! fire Tomlin! this team sucks!' gets us nowhere. We need to take a collective breath and relax - we still control our own destiny. Two of the remaining three games are at Heinz Field and we (typically) don't lose those.

Relax, Steeler Nation. We're still in good shape, especially with the Ravens playing the Broncos and Giants over the next two weeks. We could potentially be in first place in the AFC North in two weeks time and that's something we all have to think about. There's reason for optimism and yet we're all acting like a bunch of 12 year old bi-polar girls.
Didn't have time to read the book, but I read the last line.

I have to disagree - the Steelers are the one's playing like a bunch of 12 year old bi-polar girls. They can't decide who they are or for what they are playing.
SteeleReign is online now   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to SteeleReign For This Useful Post:
NSMaster56 (12-09-2012), Steel_Bus_24 (12-09-2012)
Old 12-09-2012, 05:42 PM   #24
ETL
Team President
Supporter

Member Number: 14528

Quote:
Originally Posted by SteeleReign View Post
Didn't have time to read the book, but I read the last line.

I have to disagree - the Steelers are the one's playing like a bunch of 12 year old bi-polar girls. They can't decide who they are or for what they are playing.
But this happens to every team. The falcons lost today to the panthers and the bucs to the eagles.

Name a team that has thorough out the years (not just this one season you narrow minded pea brain) that had not played "bi-polar"
Old 12-09-2012, 05:43 PM   #25
Terminator
Head Coach

Member Number: 24492
Thanked 1,556 Times in 632 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by SteelersCanada View Post

Riddle me this:

We make the playoffs. We have to play Denver, Houston, or New England.

What happens then? We magically become awesome?
Terminator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2012, 05:45 PM   #26
Lady Steel
Living Legend
Supporter

Member Number: 16396
Thanked 6,675 Times in 2,546 Posts
My Mood: Amused

Quote:
Originally Posted by Terminator View Post
Riddle me this:

Yes!
Lady Steel is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Lady Steel For This Useful Post:
SteelCityMom (12-09-2012)
Old 12-09-2012, 05:45 PM   #27
Steel_Bus_24
Team Owner

Member Number: 2886
Thanked 1,281 Times in 628 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by ETL View Post
But this happens to every team. The falcons lost today to the panthers and the bucs to the eagles.

Name a team that has thorough out the years (not just this one season you narrow minded pea brain) that had not played "bi-polar"
Raiders, Titans,Browns, Chargers

No way should we lose to all 4.......1 or 2 maybe.....but all fffing 4 means theres a problem there that they have to correct....

Also Known as SteelerSpartan
Steel_Bus_24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2012, 05:47 PM   #28
SteeleReign
Team President

Quote:

Give me a break. I could give a shit about the Bucs or the Falcons. But, if you want to talk Falcons - they are 11-2 and should have home field throughout the playoffs. Why? Because they had ONE shitty loss. We've had FOUR.

And FUCK YOU, by the way, for the personal cheap shot. Asshole.
Old 12-09-2012, 05:48 PM   #29
SteeleReign
Team President

Quote:
Originally Posted by Terminator View Post
Riddle me this:

Apparently. According to our resident Pollyanna.
Old 12-09-2012, 05:48 PM   #30
Danny136200
Bench Warmer

Member Number: 17651

Quote:
Fellow Steeler fans, please hear me out.

Today's game sucked. We played poorly. We coached poorly and we had plays (incomplete pass / fumble going for a TD) that went against out way and yes, you are absolutely correct to be pissed about what happened today.

But don't lose hope. Here's why:

1. We control our own destiny. We win and we're in. The chargers or jets or dolphins can't say that. And once we're in the playoffs, it's a new game

2. We have a good defense. Please just don't use the last game to base your opinion on this but look at the whole season body of work. I would argue that our defense is better than all other defenses in the AFC other than Houston. And that means we have a chance in the playoffs

3. Ben is back. He was rusty today but his legs looked fresh. We could have lost him for the season with that injury but his arm strength looked good. Having him back means that we have a chance with any team

4. Cincy lost. Believe it or not - EVEN IF WE LOSE NEXT WEEK AGAINST THE COWBOYS - we can still make the playoffs if we beat the Bengals at home the following week and Browns the week after. And once we are in - its a new ball game.

Think of it this way. If I were an AFC division champ, the last team I would want to play is a Steeler team that has nothing to lose and gets no respect.

Have hope. I think we will be rewarded.
This while message board is going to be on suicide watch.
Danny136200 is offline   Reply With Quote