Why register with the Steelers Fever Forums?
 • Intelligent and friendly discussions.
 • It's free and it's quick. Always.
 • Enter events in the forums calendar.
 • Very user friendly software.
 • Exclusive contests and giveaways.

Donate to Steelers Fever, Click here
 Our 2014 Goal: $450.00 - To Date: $450.00 (100.00%)
 Home | Forums | Editorials | Shop | Tickets | Downloads | Contact Pittsburgh Steelers Forum Feed Not Just Fans. Hardcore Fans.

Go Back   Steelers Fever Forums > Steelers Football > Pittsburgh Steelers

Steelers Fever Fan Shop

Doc's Sports Get FREE NFL Picks and College Football picks as well as Football Lines like live NFL Lines and updated NFL Power Rankings all at Doc's Sports Service.

Steelers

LOL

Old 12-10-2012, 07:50 AM   #41
GoFor7
Banned

Member Number: 24211
Default Re: Tomlin on why he didn't go for a 2pt-conversion

Quote:
Originally Posted by VictoryFormation View Post
I can't believe this uproar over a two-point conversion. Those in the media are always looking for something to play-up in order to keep people's attention. Don't forget, it wasn't exactly ideal conditions that the Steelers were playing in. It has been raining for several days and we all know that field does not stand up well to inclement weather. If the condition of the field was indeed a factor in his decision, it would be a topic that Tomlin would want to avoid bringing up in the media. There are, also, many other factors that come into play when deciding whether to go for a two-point conversion, or not.
I am more concerned about some of the bad decisions on offense and why the team came out flat.
So when it rains the Steelers can't go for two-point conversions? Got it.

What's getting people pissed at Tomlin is that after the game he said he kept Ben in it because the Steelers are "competitors." So if the Steelers are competitors, shouldn't they be doing everything possible to at least try and narrow the lead?
GoFor7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2012, 08:48 AM   #42
Terminator
Assistant Coach

Member Number: 24492
Thanked 1,376 Times in 542 Posts

The amount of excuses I am seeing for this piss poor performance is really making me want to throw up.

Blind faith/homerism is worse than bandwagoning. At least bandwagoners disappear.
Terminator is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2012, 08:55 AM   #43
steelfury02
Wing Kong Exchange - CEO
Supporter

Member Number: 6076
Thanked 4,705 Times in 2,222 Posts
My Mood: Fine

I don't even mind the homering - when you can still be that optimistic after a loss, it shows your love, no matter how insane it seems lol

I just get tired of people telling me I'm not a fan or to "hit the road, fuck off, we don't want you" when I'm pissed for yet again, another underachieving, lack of effort performance by a team that has a ton of potential. If I wasn't a fan, I would just turn off the tv and not comment. It is interesting to me that apparently there is some sort of law that anoints certain fans to judge who is a fan, and who isn't. I suppose it is easier to focus blasting someone else than the issues that face the team.

I'VE GOT SOME YOUTHFUL ADJUSTMENTS FOR 'DAT AZZ
steelfury02 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to steelfury02 For This Useful Post:
Terminator (12-10-2012)
Old 12-10-2012, 09:16 AM   #44
JeromeBetties63
Team Captain

Member Number: 19049

Quote:
Originally Posted by zcoop View Post
Agreed, game's over at that point. Much ado about nothing. If he had gone for it and missed, he'd have some bitching there too. Damn, can't make this shit up, can we?
Wrong. Dead wrong. He should have gone for it. Period.
JeromeBetties63 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2012, 09:21 AM   #45
Atlanta Dan
Resigned
Supporter

Member Number: 728
Thanked 8,396 Times in 3,686 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by lotas View Post
What a shitty coach, I bet he's never even taken us to the Superbowl....twice
George Seifert won 2 Super Bowls as the 49ers coach - get back to me when Seifert is inducted into Canton

Many of us slamming Tomlin for some of his actions this year are not saying he is a bad coach - but he has had a number of bad games this year and his stubborn streak that shows on such plays as the failed 4th and 1 from midfield yesterday has been resulting in more costs than benefits lately
Atlanta Dan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2012, 09:34 AM   #46
El-Gonzo Jackson
Living Legend

Member Number: 8264
Thanked 3,129 Times in 1,458 Posts

Only on message boards like this will there be multiple pages devoted to a 2 point conversion ...................when the team lost by 10 points. Get a grip whiners and step away from the ledge.
Old 12-10-2012, 10:12 AM   #47
Stairway to 7
Bench Warmer

Member Number: 24340

Quote:
Originally Posted by VictoryFormation View Post
I can't believe this uproar over a two-point conversion. Those in the media are always looking for something to play-up in order to keep people's attention. Don't forget, it wasn't exactly ideal conditions that the Steelers were playing in. It has been raining for several days and we all know that field does not stand up well to inclement weather. If the condition of the field was indeed a factor in his decision, it would be a topic that Tomlin would want to avoid bringing up in the media. There are, also, many other factors that come into play when deciding whether to go for a two-point conversion, or not.
I am more concerned about some of the bad decisions on offense and why the team came out flat.
This is complete nonsense, the only chance we had to win that game was to get it back to TWO SCORES, the idiot coach the that possibility down the toilet. His excuses were feeblew beyond belief.

Face it, this guy cannot manage a game.

The team always comes out flat against lesser opponents, and that's on Tomlin too.

This is a guy who brings nothing to the table, except cliched nonsense and platitudes, I want a coach who is smart and adds something, Tomlin is a guy who landed on his feet and has been carried by DLB to 2 SB's.

Tell me, what does Mike Tomlin briniging to the party, because he cannot manage a game to save his life.
Stairway to 7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2012, 10:13 AM   #48
Stairway to 7
Bench Warmer

Quote:
Originally Posted by El-Gonzo Jackson View Post
Only on message boards like this will there be multiple pages devoted to a 2 point conversion ...................when the team lost by 10 points. Get a grip whiners and step away from the ledge.

Get a grip and stop making excuses for this fool.
Old 12-10-2012, 10:45 AM   #49
jb500ex
Banned

Member Number: 24020

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stairway to 7 View Post
This is complete nonsense, the only chance we had to win that game was to get it back to TWO SCORES, the idiot coach the that possibility down the toilet. His excuses were feeblew beyond belief.

Face it, this guy cannot manage a game.

The team always comes out flat against lesser opponents, and that's on Tomlin too.

This is a guy who brings nothing to the table, except cliched nonsense and platitudes, I want a coach who is smart and adds something, Tomlin is a guy who landed on his feet and has been carried by DLB to 2 SB's.

Tell me, what does Mike Tomlin briniging to the party, because he cannot manage a game to save his life.
He looks good in sunglasses
jb500ex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2012, 10:52 AM   #50
Stairway to 7
Bench Warmer

Quote:
Originally Posted by jb500ex View Post
He looks good in sunglasses
That's about it bro.