Why register with the Steelers Fever Forums?
 • Intelligent and friendly discussions.
 • It's free and it's quick. Always.
 • Enter events in the forums calendar.
 • Very user friendly software.
 • Exclusive contests and giveaways.

Donate to Steelers Fever, Click here
 Our 2014 Goal: $450.00 - To Date: $450.00 (100.00%)
 Home | Forums | Editorials | Shop | Tickets | Downloads | Contact Pittsburgh Steelers Forum Feed Not Just Fans. Hardcore Fans.

Go Back   Steelers Fever Forums > Steelers Football > Pittsburgh Steelers

Steelers Fever Fan Shop

Doc's Sports Get FREE NFL Picks and College Football picks as well as Football Lines like live NFL Lines and updated NFL Power Rankings all at Doc's Sports Service.

Steelers

LOL

Old 12-10-2012, 11:13 AM   #51
mikegrimey
Assistant Coach

Member Number: 15679
Default Re: Tomlin on why he didn't go for a 2pt-conversion

Tomlin has a history of bad choices with 2 pt conversions, it's one of his weak points. However, the plebes acting like he's a helpless bottom feeder propped up by everyone around him need to come back to reality, they want to pile the teams negatives on Tomlin while attributing its positives to someone else, people frequently did this with Arians too, it's too extreme. It's possible for a coach to be good at some things and bad at others.
mikegrimey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2012, 11:50 AM   #52
El-Gonzo Jackson
Living Legend

Member Number: 8264
Thanked 3,159 Times in 1,472 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stairway to 7 View Post
Get a grip and stop making excuses for this fool.
you are complaining that Tomlin didnt go for a 2 pt conversion and they lost by 10points............and you think I need to get a grip?

Read the quote, listen to the man and pretend you have even been on the sidelines coaching a bunch of 8 year olds. His defense showed they could not stop Ellen Degeneres from hitting on men, let alone stop a professional football team from scoring, so he was more worried about getting TD's and not 2 pt conversions.
Old 12-10-2012, 11:52 AM   #53
Lady Steel
Queen Bee
Supporter

Member Number: 16396
Thanked 6,651 Times in 2,539 Posts
My Mood: Amused

I think Tomlin looked really bad in his post-game press conference yesterday. He looked like someone hit him upside the head with a shovel. He had a "what the hell just happened" look about him. I hope he reflects on that.
Lady Steel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2012, 12:08 PM   #54
ricardisimo
Administrator

Member Number: 15369

Quote:
Originally Posted by Atlanta Dan View Post
George Seifert won 2 Super Bowls as the 49ers coach - get back to me when Seifert is inducted into Canton

Many of us slamming Tomlin for some of his actions this year are not saying he is a bad coach - but he has had a number of bad games this year and his stubborn streak that shows on such plays as the failed 4th and 1 from midfield yesterday has been resulting in more costs than benefits lately
And San Fran has won multiple Super Bowls since firing him. They certainly didn't go through any sort of playoff drought shortly after firing him.
Old 12-10-2012, 12:10 PM   #55
lasvegasguy
Water Boy

Member Number: 16394

So he gave up on trying two point conversions in a game he knew he couldn't win but tried the onside kick at the end of the game? Please someone end this "Rooney Rule" experiment and get a real head coach in here, now!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
lasvegasguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2012, 12:12 PM   #56
lasvegasguy
Water Boy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lady Steel View Post
I think Tomlin looked really bad in his post-game press conference yesterday. He looked like someone hit him upside the head with a shovel. He had a "what the hell just happened" look about him. I hope he reflects on that.
He should be used to losing to the botton dwellars of the AFC. It has become his calling card since he arrived in Pittsburgh.
Old 12-10-2012, 12:12 PM   #57
ricardisimo
Administrator

Member Number: 15369

Quote:
Originally Posted by lasvegasguy View Post
So he gave up on trying two point conversions but tried the onside kick at the end in a game he knew we couldn't win? Please someone end this "Rooney Rule" experiment and get a real head coach in here, now!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Oh, please do elaborate. I can't wait to hear where your brilliant reasoning is going. Do go on...
Old 12-10-2012, 12:22 PM   #58
lasvegasguy
Water Boy

Quote:
This is complete nonsense, the only chance we had to win that game was to get it back to TWO SCORES, the idiot coach the that possibility down the toilet. His excuses were feeblew beyond belief.

Face it, this guy cannot manage a game.

The team always comes out flat against lesser opponents, and that's on Tomlin too.

This is a guy who brings nothing to the table, except cliched nonsense and platitudes, I want a coach who is smart and adds something, Tomlin is a guy who landed on his feet and has been carried by DLB to 2 SB's.

Tell me, what does Mike Tomlin briniging to the party, because he cannot manage a game to save his life.
Isn't it ironic that the guy we ran out of town (Arians) is having success with a rookie QB but the guy who was handed the keys to a Porsche can't do shit. I think we found the real problem my friends.
Old 12-10-2012, 12:26 PM   #59
Stairway to 7
Bench Warmer

Member Number: 24340

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikegrimey View Post
Tomlin has a history of bad choices with 2 pt conversions, it's one of his weak points. However, the plebes acting like he's a helpless bottom feeder propped up by everyone around him need to come back to reality, they want to pile the teams negatives on Tomlin while attributing its positives to someone else, people frequently did this with Arians too, it's too extreme. It's possible for a coach to be good at some things and bad at others.
so what is captain cliche good at?
Stairway to 7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2012, 12:36 PM   #60
jtbsteeler
Team Captain

Member Number: 18760

Quote:
so what is captain cliche good at?

That cliche crap is wearing thin. Tomlin can't survive many more empty seat Heinz fields...
jtbsteeler is offline   Reply With Quote