Why register with the Steelers Fever Forums?
 • Intelligent and friendly discussions.
 • It's free and it's quick. Always.
 • Enter events in the forums calendar.
 • Very user friendly software.
 • Exclusive contests and giveaways.

Donate to Steelers Fever, Click here
 Our 2013 Goal: $400.00 - To Date: $00.00 (00.00%)
 Home | Forums | Editorials | Shop | Tickets | Downloads | Contact Pittsburgh Steelers Forum Feed Not Just Fans. Hardcore Fans.

Go Back   Steelers Fever Forums > Steelers Football > Pittsburgh Steelers

Steelers Fever Fan Shop

Doc's Sports Get FREE NFL Picks and College Football picks as well as Football Lines like live NFL Lines and updated NFL Power Rankings all at Doc's Sports Service.

Steelers Steelers - Giants Giants
August 9th, 2014, 7:30pmET

CBS

Old 12-10-2012, 01:11 PM   #1
wootawnee
Assistant Coach

Member Number: 4530
Default Fixing Stuff That Aint Broke......

How do you change a line that dominated and had perfect chemistry against the Ravens,stick in Colon and blow it against the chargers?.......Soon as Legursky came in we out scored the Chargers 21-7.....

Also, who were all these new numbers in the secondary getting burnt that I did not recognize, and why were they in there?.....Were last weeks players hurt(besides Ike)?.......

Why does Colon keep getting hurt?......Does he not train like a champion trains?.....Does he not spend time on his body like A true athelete does?....

On a side note....The Chargers had one stolen from them against the Ravens the other week at home......They have been playing much better the last few weeks aside from the picks......
Old 12-10-2012, 01:23 PM   #2
Darkstorm05
Team Captain

Member Number: 19897
Default Re: Fixing Stuff That Aint Broke......

Quote:
Originally Posted by wootawnee View Post
How do you change a line that dominated and had perfect chemistry against the Ravens,stick in Colon and blow it against the chargers?.......Soon as Legursky came in we out scored the Chargers 21-7.....

Also, who were all these new numbers in the secondary getting burnt that I did not recognize, and why were they in there?.....Were last weeks players hurt(besides Ike)?.......

Why does Colon keep getting hurt?......Does he not train like a champion trains?.....Does he not spend time on his body like A true athelete does?....

On a side note....The Chargers had one stolen from them against the Ravens the other week at home......They have been playing much better the last few weeks aside from the picks......
Think you'd be referring to Curtis Brown in the secondary. he was in because Ike is out. He stunk it up so bad he got benched for Victorian, who just came up from the practice squad.
Darkstorm05 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2012, 01:34 PM   #3
Steel_Bus_24
Team President

Member Number: 2886

Brown was getting consistently toasted by backups in the Pre-Season.......not much progress since

We need these things to happen if we want any chance at getting to the bowl

*Ike to come back locked and loaded...

or...

*Our Pass has to start generating some pressure and getting sacks and turnovers.....

or....

*Ben and the Offense just explode an start putting up 30+

I tend to think even if Ike comes back in the best shape ever, we're still going to need that pass rush cranked up big time from where it is now.....to do any real damage

Also Known as SteelerSpartan
Steel_Bus_24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2012, 01:42 PM   #4
Smiley Faced Assassin86
Water Boy

Member Number: 24603

I dont get this team....its been a minute since I have been this bothered by a loss. At least in Cleveland it was self inflicted injuries to blame. The Steelers were punked yesterday and I hope they can recover.

Curtis Brown wasn't ready to play and to be honest this whole team wasn't ready to play and the outcome showed it. Thats a Tomlin issue. His track record to losing to terrible teams speaks for itself. I still haven't forgotten the playoff loss last year to Tebow. That dude needs to take a look in the mirror and lead this team. I am quickly losing faith in him and this comes from a Tomlin supporter believe it or not.

Anyway it goes, its been a crazy year and this team is good enough, to win it all, I just don't know if the coaching is good enough.
Smiley Faced Assassin86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2012, 02:14 PM   #5
AndyWitmyer
Assistant Coach

Member Number: 14802

I know I'll take some flack for saying this, because as the mantra goes "Great teams win...no excuses" - but I do think the lockout had a very negative effect on the Steelers (as well as other good teams) and created a parity that would not have ordinarily existed. It doesn't help that as soon as the "real" refs get back, they appear to be just as clueless and awful as the previous ones.

It has been a strange season, indeed. Not just for the Steelers, but for much of the league. I can't help but to notice how many games have either ended in OT, or were decided in the 4th quarter by 3 points of less. Hell, half of the Ravens victories might have very easily gone the other way. It's as if the NFL is doing its very best to control the game...in an effort to keep games as close as possible...for better ratings. At the expense of the fans and the players. I hate sounding conspiratorial...but this year has been too f-ing weird not to at least point it out.
Old 12-10-2012, 02:38 PM   #6
steeltheone
Living Legend
Supporter

Member Number: 6351

Quote:
Originally Posted by wootawnee View Post

Don't make excuses...The Chargers had ZERO to play for, on the road in the cold against a team that had everything to play for!
Old 12-10-2012, 02:43 PM   #7
Darkstorm05
Team Captain

Member Number: 19897

Quote:
Originally Posted by steeltheone View Post
Don't make excuses...The Chargers had ZERO to play for, on the road in the cold against a team that had everything to play for!
The Chargers have everything to play for. Winning out can still squeak them by to the WC.
Darkstorm05 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2012, 04:23 PM   #8
WVABE
Team Captain

3D Field Goal - Pro Champion! 3D Field Goal - All Pro Champion!
Member Number: 24111

There are no excuses for the first half except for the Bolts just flat out punched our offence in the face. They came ready to play and our O just flat out sucked because of their D. Bolts got an A+ in the first half and they should be proud.
I'm predicting a 14 point win in Dallas, maybe more.
WVABE is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2012, 04:47 PM   #9
FrancoLambert
Head Coach

Member Number: 20827
Thanked 1,501 Times in 785 Posts
My Mood: Hot

Don't be too hard on Colon this time. I'm thinking his "new" injury is related to the devastating hit Suggs laid on him last week, taking his legs out real hard.

But, there's alot that's broke or in disrepair.
Beachum had a very good game vs. the Rats, seems like he dropped off yesterday.
Pouncey's multiple bad snaps surprised me.
O-line back to being unsettled and inconsistent.

Defense played like shit.

Secondary played like shit.

Team Discipline? How about 2 consecutive penalties on 3rd and 10 to gift them a first down.

Special Teams? Enough said.
Coaching decisions?

There's a lot of fixing to do.
FrancoLambert is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2012, 05:19 PM   #10
TRH
Living Legend

Member Number: 17206

it was extremely frustrating to watch Rivers have ALL DAY back there to throw and then some : meanwhile Ben barely had 1.5 seconds and the pocket was swarmed all over.
I can't understand why we can't generate pass rush anymore.
TRH is offline   Reply With Quote