Why register with the Steelers Fever Forums?
 • Intelligent and friendly discussions.
 • It's free and it's quick. Always.
 • Enter events in the forums calendar.
 • Very user friendly software.
 • Exclusive contests and giveaways.

Donate to Steelers Fever, Click here
 Our 2014 Goal: $450.00 - To Date: $450.00 (100.00%)
 Home | Forums | Editorials | Shop | Tickets | Downloads | Contact Pittsburgh Steelers Forum Feed Not Just Fans. Hardcore Fans.

Go Back   Steelers Fever Forums > Steelers Football > Pittsburgh Steelers

Steelers Fever Fan Shop

Doc's Sports Get FREE NFL Picks and College Football picks as well as Football Lines like live NFL Lines and updated NFL Power Rankings all at Doc's Sports Service.

Steelers

An important history lesson for you TRUE Steelers fans!

Old 12-12-2012, 12:35 AM   #151
Lady Steel
Living Legend
Supporter

Member Number: 16396
Thanked 6,675 Times in 2,546 Posts
My Mood: Amused
Default Re: "Why can't we be like the Pats...."

Quote:
Originally Posted by steelerschik View Post
I guess if it's not the Steelers in the SB, I don't want anyone in it let alone win, lol.
But I thought you didn't want the Steelers in the playoffs because you didn't want to be disappointed. And to get to the Super Bowl the Steelers have to make the playoffs. Color me confused.
Lady Steel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2012, 12:44 AM   #152
OliverPoop
Bench Warmer

Member Number: 24550

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoFor7 View Post
Because scoring too many points is classless. Honestly whenever the Steelers would win by more than 17 points I would be ashamed. To me that just shows that Ben only cares about his stats. I mean why keep pouring it on another team's defense when you could just sit on the ball and put more pressure on your defense?

So let me get this straight it's not because the Steelers suck it's because they don't want to put too many points on the board and risk being classless. Now I see.

And seriously can we please stop with this arrogant notion that the Pittsburgh Steelers are this "classy" organization who always do the right thing and have no troubled players. Ta'amu anyone?
OliverPoop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2012, 12:46 AM   #153
steelers33
Bench Warmer

Member Number: 17599

Funny feeling, but we are going to beat the Patriots in the playoffs. With Ike back, i think our secondary can handle their receivers. And their defense, while they may be good against the run, I still doubt their team speed severely and I think our weapons can exploit that. We would have to go through Denver first however, but I think we would be able to run the ball against them and Manning has never been known as a playoff performer. Yes I know I am looking way ahead, but the Steelers are a good football team and I think they'll prove it.
steelers33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2012, 01:00 AM   #154
OliverPoop
Bench Warmer

Member Number: 24550

Quote:
Originally Posted by steelers33 View Post
Funny feeling, but we are going to beat the Patriots in the playoffs. With Ike back, i think our secondary can handle their receivers. And their defense, while they may be good against the run, I still doubt their team speed severely and I think our weapons can exploit that. We would have to go through Denver first however, but I think we would be able to run the ball against them and Manning has never been known as a playoff performer. Yes I know I am looking way ahead, but the Steelers are a good football team and I think they'll prove it.
Put down the crack pipe!
You apparently don't remember Steelers playoff performance against the Brady led Pats.
OliverPoop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2012, 01:09 AM   #155
fansince'76
Living Legend
Supporter

Member Number: 1984
Thanked 1,415 Times in 513 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by OliverPoop View Post
Put down the crack pipe!
You apparently don't remember Steelers playoff performance against the Brady led Pats.
Dude - that was EIGHT years ago with a rookie QB.
fansince'76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2012, 01:10 AM   #156
teegre
Living Legend
Supporter

Member Number: 24108
Thanked 25,637 Times in 10,397 Posts
My Mood: Dead

Quote:
Originally Posted by fansince'76 View Post
Dude - that was EIGHT years ago with a rookie QB.
...and videotapes of the practices.
teegre is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2012, 01:19 AM   #157
SteelersCanada
Living Legend
Supporter

Member Number: 24400
Thanked 11,750 Times in 4,798 Posts

Are people forgetting the complete and total ass whipping we gave them last year? Keep in mind, this is a Patriots team with largely the same roster in place. Great, they added Talib, but he's by no means a shut down corner and struggles with speedy WRs - something we have an abundance of.

I'll take Brown / Sanders on Kyle Arrington all day, please and thanks.
SteelersCanada is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2012, 07:00 AM   #158
steelerschik
Bench Warmer

Member Number: 16103
My Mood: Cynical

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lady Steel View Post
But I thought you didn't want the Steelers in the playoffs because you didn't want to be disappointed. And to get to the Super Bowl the Steelers have to make the playoffs. Color me confused.
Get over it already. Of course I only want to see the Steelers in the SB EVERY YEAR. They aren't playing like a PO team THIS YEAR, this ain't their year which isn't the end of the world. Maybe they should sit at home and watch the POs instead of getting in just to play shitty half assed ball. Some people like to be realistic about their teams issues, others like to be delusional. It's not really that difficult to figure out.

Last edited by steelerschik; 12-12-2012 at 07:14 AM.
steelerschik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2012, 09:36 AM   #159
steelfury02
Wing Kong Exchange - CEO
Supporter

Member Number: 6076
Thanked 5,023 Times in 2,383 Posts
My Mood: Fine

Quote:
Originally Posted by steelerschik View Post
Get over it already. Of course I only want to see the Steelers in the SB EVERY YEAR. They aren't playing like a PO team THIS YEAR, this ain't their year which isn't the end of the world. Maybe they should sit at home and watch the POs instead of getting in just to play shitty half assed ball. Some people like to be realistic about their teams issues, others like to be delusional. It's not really that difficult to figure out.
the comparisons to the XL squad when we reached 7-5 without Ben @ M&T were warranted. We all thought that outcome would be the thing that galvanized the team, then they come out and think they'll show up and they blow it. Records aside (if we end up at 10-6 or 9-7 and in) - the lack of leadership right now and the responsibility it brings, however intangible, is an obstacle that the 05 Steelers didn't have. Who is going to be the Jerome and Joey Porter in the locker room to rally the troops - to instill fear in the opposition, and help convince this team that they should have nothing to fear, and to play balls to the wall every single snap? This team has to gather every last thread of determination and heart that it has left and do what seems to be highly unlikely. It can be done - but for the realists, this will be not only the hardest path to the SB, but the largest collection of self-inflicted obstacles to overcome, not even counting injuries
steelfury02 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2012, 09:52 AM   #160
steelerschik
Bench Warmer

Member Number: 16103
My Mood: Cynical

Quote:
Originally Posted by steelfury02 View Post
the comparisons to the XL squad when we reached 7-5 without Ben @ M&T were warranted. We all thought that outcome would be the thing that galvanized the team, then they come out and think they'll show up and they blow it. Records aside (if we end up at 10-6 or 9-7 and in) - the lack of leadership right now and the responsibility it brings, however intangible, is an obstacle that the 05 Steelers didn't have. Who is going to be the Jerome and Joey Porter in the locker room to rally the troops - to instill fear in the opposition, and help convince this team that they should have nothing to fear, and to play balls to the wall every single snap? This team has to gather every last thread of determination and heart that it has left and do what seems to be highly unlikely. It can be done - but for the realists, this will be not only the hardest path to the SB, but the largest collection of self-inflicted obstacles to overcome, not even counting injuries
I would love to believe Ben is that kind of motivator in the locker room or Woodley or Wallace, etc. They should all be motivators especially after that performance against SD. Funny thing, I didn't feel like they were that bad of a team in 2005, they had glimmers. I'm not feeling that this season, I haven't seen them play in a fashion where I could say to myself "gee if they play like that in the POs...." Not gonna happen every year. Isn't this like the every 3 year thing the Steelers go through? Don't know. Can't wait to see which team shows up to play in Dallas. I know the Cincy/Cleveland games are more important to us, but I don't loathe them the way I despise Dallas so a win by 1, 2 or 3 would not only complete the NFC East sweep, but make this season more pleasurable.
steelerschik is offline   Reply With Quote