Why register with the Steelers Fever Forums?
 • Intelligent and friendly discussions.
 • It's free and it's quick. Always.
 • Enter events in the forums calendar.
 • Very user friendly software.
 • Exclusive contests and giveaways.

Donate to Steelers Fever, Click here
 Our 2013 Goal: $400.00 - To Date: $00.00 (00.00%)
 Home | Forums | Editorials | Shop | Tickets | Downloads | Contact Pittsburgh Steelers Forum Feed Not Just Fans. Hardcore Fans.

Go Back   Steelers Fever Forums > Steelers Football > Pittsburgh Steelers

Steelers Fever Fan Shop

Doc's Sports Get FREE NFL Picks and College Football picks as well as Football Lines like live NFL Lines and updated NFL Power Rankings all at Doc's Sports Service.

Steelers Steelers - Browns Bills
September 7, 2014, 1:00pmET

CBS

Old 12-10-2012, 10:37 PM   #11
GoFor7
Banned

Member Number: 24211
Default Re: "Why can't we be like the Pats...."

Quote:
Originally Posted by ETL View Post
I think its like Daniel Day-Lewis when he's acting. Did you know that he stays in character even off the set. He was annoying the shit out of people dragging his body around while shooting "My Left Foot" and actually broke two ribs in the process. However, I don't think he knows any other way. He does it because he believes it makes him the best actor.

I think the Pats try to score because it is what they do. I don't think they are trying to rub it in - its just what they do.
That, and the Patriots actually acknowledge that Brady is their best player, while the Steelers try to minimize Ben's impact because god forbid someone is bigger than the Steeler logo.
GoFor7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2012, 10:38 PM   #12
ETL
Team President
Supporter

Member Number: 14528

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoFor7 View Post
You know, for all the shit Ben gets for holding onto the ball too long (which to be fair he does at times), guys like Brady and Manning aren't always throwing quick releases. There are times they hold onto the ball while their lines give them time for WRs to get open.
I thought Charlie Batch had some decent time to throw against the Ravens in that win. I think this OL just didn't play as well yesterday but they have the potential.

Maybe the Pouncey to guard and Legs at center for this year may be the best combo. Hell, we won a SB with Hartwig at center and Stapelton at guard.
Old 12-10-2012, 11:11 PM   #13
SteelerEmpire
Team Owner

Member Number: 14355
Thanked 1,743 Times in 803 Posts

The Pats have the talent to take a bunch of average players and make them "think" their above average, thus they play harder... that's the ONLY difference !!!

A HOUSE DIVIDED WILL FALL TO IT'S ENEMIES;
BUT IN UNITY THERE ARE 6' SUPER BOWLS !!!
SteelerEmpire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2012, 11:19 PM   #14
StainlessStill
Living Legend
Supporter

Member Number: 12999
Thanked 1,269 Times in 530 Posts

Quote:
So do you think that Brady's success is mostly based on his OL play?
No. The success is never settling for anything less but perfection. I've heard if Brady even throws an incomplete pass in practice, he wigs the fuck out. They run their offensive system absolutley flawlessly. No mistakes. Nada. Zip. It's NOT just Brady.

The WR's and TE's and the separation these dudes get off the line of scrimmage is incredible. The Pats have actually had makeshifts o-line this season but you wouldn't even know it as Brady ever-so-slightly steps to his left and puts a dart right into the chest of his buffet of receivers.

Us, on the other hand, are fumbling, bumbling and stumbling with every RB on the roster losing the ball 5 times in Cleveland.

Our QB can't even complete a simple, routine WR screen as our backup rookie 7th round TE completely gets DESTROYED in the backfield and our highest paid receiver isn't even intelligent enough to knock the ball out of the endzone. I don't get it.
Old 12-10-2012, 11:25 PM   #15
ETL
Team President
Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by StainlessStill View Post
No. The success is never settling for anything less but perfection. I've heard if Brady even throws an incomplete pass in practice, he wigs the fuck out. They run their offensive system absolutley flawlessly. No mistakes. Nada. Zip. It's NOT just Brady.

The WR's and TE's and the separation these dudes get off the line of scrimmage is incredible. The Pats have actually had makeshifts o-line this season but you wouldn't even know it as Brady ever-so-slightly steps to his left and puts a dart right into the chest of his buffet of receivers.

Us, on the other hand, are fumbling, bumbling and stumbling with every RB on the roster losing the ball 5 times in Cleveland.

Our QB can't even complete a simple, routine WR screen as our backup rookie 7th round TE completely gets DESTROYED in the backfield and our highest paid receiver isn't even intelligent enough to knock the ball out of the endzone. I don't get it.
I like your analysis. Here's the problem - there's only 1 Brady and he's on a different team.

You have three options:

1. Become a Pats fan
2. Continue being a Steelers fan and learn to accept that our QB / Team will not deliver Brady / Pats like performances and not get so upset as your expectations should be lower
3. Shoot Brady
Old 12-10-2012, 11:30 PM   #16
GoFor7
Banned

Member Number: 24211

Quote:
I like your analysis. Here's the problem - there's only 1 Brady and he's on a different team.

You have three options:

1. Become a Pats fan
2. Continue being a Steelers fan and learn to accept that our QB / Team will not deliver Brady / Pats like performances and not get so upset as your expectations should be lower
3. Shoot Brady
That's true there's only one Brady, and maybe the Steelers will never be like that, but they can do a hell of a lot better than they've been doing this season. This team has no focus and lacks discipline. That all starts with Tomlin. They also do not play to their strengths on offense. Instead of using the WRs speed and Ben's big play ability, they minimize that and resort to bubble screens. Like I said, god forbid Ben becomes bigger than the Steeler logo.
GoFor7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2012, 11:34 PM   #17
OX1947
Living Legend

Member Number: 723
Thanked 1,056 Times in 557 Posts

because while Tomlin is hip hopping with everyone and patting butts after mistakes, Belichick is planning and telling everyone to do their jobs or he'll ship them to the Raiders.
OX1947 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2012, 11:39 PM   #18
NoFieldFive
Starter

Member Number: 10965

once last year we came out againstt the Pats and the offense had tempo, Ben got rid of the ball quickly, lots of short quick passes and Miller was very much in the game (at least in the first half he was). it worked great and then you never see it again....or at least not for any length of time.

oh and the D that game - played tight man to man coverage and did not give up the easy 10 yard plays like they often do.
NoFieldFive is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2012, 11:40 PM   #19
ETL
Team President
Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by OX1947 View Post
because while Tomlin is hip hopping with everyone and patting butts after mistakes, Belichick is planning and telling everyone to do their jobs or he'll ship them to the Raiders.
I betcha if the Steelers win - Tomlin's "hip-hopping" ways will be lauded and Belichick's will be labeled as too serious.

Its just the same old story - if we win, all is good; if we lose, all is bad
Old 12-10-2012, 11:40 PM   #20
StainlessStill
Living Legend
Supporter

Member Number: 12999
Thanked 1,269 Times in 530 Posts

Don't insult me like that ETL. Even though I may be sucking off the Patriots at the current moment, it ALL stems from our lousy ass performance against the Chargers. I've seen this team lose with dignity, but yesterday was the FIRST time, quite possibly ever, where they looked completely LOST.

That said. I'm over it. The Patriots, Tom Brady, Bill Bellichick and that nauseating Elvis logo can all eat shit for all I care.

I've said it over and over, time and time again. Give me ROETHLISBERGER over any QB in this league! I'm going to war with this dude. He's my/our QB.

TIME TO PUT A HURTIN ON THOSE DALLAS BOYS!