Why register with the Steelers Fever Forums?
 • Intelligent and friendly discussions.
 • It's free and it's quick. Always.
 • Enter events in the forums calendar.
 • Very user friendly software.
 • Exclusive contests and giveaways.

Donate to Steelers Fever, Click here
 Our 2013 Goal: $400.00 - To Date: $00.00 (00.00%)
 Home | Forums | Editorials | Shop | Tickets | Downloads | Contact Pittsburgh Steelers Forum Feed Not Just Fans. Hardcore Fans.

Go Back   Steelers Fever Forums > Steelers Football > Pittsburgh Steelers

Steelers Fever Fan Shop

Doc's Sports Get FREE NFL Picks and College Football picks as well as Football Lines like live NFL Lines and updated NFL Power Rankings all at Doc's Sports Service.

Steelers Steelers - Bills Bills
August 16th, 2014, 7:30pmET

CBS

Old 12-11-2012, 08:39 AM   #81
Steelerindc
Draft Prospect

Member Number: 15880
Default Re: "Why can't we be like the Pats...."

This not scoring and not embarrassing your opponent argument is crazy to me. If you go for a fake FG when your up 20 something I would agree, but just because you're up doesn't mean you shouldn't score. You play 60 min and if they stop you they stop you, if they don't it's not your problem.

They're paid professionals not ankle biters who's feelings might get hurt and parents go complain to the league.
Steelerindc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2012, 09:19 AM   #82
SoCalFan
Head Coach

Member Number: 14860

Quote:
Originally Posted by ETL View Post
I think its like Daniel Day-Lewis when he's acting. Did you know that he stays in character even off the set. He was annoying the shit out of people dragging his body around while shooting "My Left Foot" and actually broke two ribs in the process. However, I don't think he knows any other way. He does it because he believes it makes him the best actor.

I think the Pats try to score because it is what they do. I don't think they are trying to rub it in - its just what they do.
I agree with this! Far too many times you see teams making come backs because teams like our Steelers decide to play conservative and end up losing! Fock that, full throttle til the end!

I CANT STAND the cheats but must admit, the envy bug gets the best of me at times! I hope its eating our players and coaching staff as well........Come on fellas, wake the fock up and show the world we are a championship caliber team!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 12-11-2012, 09:24 AM   #83
steelfury02
Wing Kong Exchange - CEO
Supporter

Member Number: 6076
Thanked 3,717 Times in 1,783 Posts
My Mood: Fine

the funny thing is - the Steelers don't even need to be a top 3-5 offense in the league, and averaging 30+ to win the big one. If the offense can Score 3 TDs and a couple of field goals, that's all it really takes. The physicality on D and TOP on O(when they feel like showing up) is a great equalizer, and slows the game down. What does 24-27 points per game from the O, winning TOP and not turning the ball over on a consistent basis and just a solid bend but don't break D sound?

Look into my eyes
SF Haters
steelfury02 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2012, 09:28 AM   #84
GoFor7
Banned

Member Number: 24211

Another thing I commonly hear from Steelers fans is that players will get hurt if they are left in the game to "run up" the score. So they can't get hurt at any other time in the game? Really? Wow! All these injuries have happened because the Steelers are being classless! How dare the offense puts up 10 points against KC! Had they only put up 7 points Ben wouldn't have gotten hurt!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

GoFor7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2012, 09:28 AM   #85
Kanata-Steeler
Team President

Member Number: 15552

Why can't our "Offense", and YES, you especially, BEN, NOT be the pathetic useless bums that they have been this last Sunday.
We would have been much better off playing Charlie Batch ! -remeber him?! -that old fish that beat the RATBIRDS', becuase well, Ben couldn't ?!
Geezus, our "O" single-handedly EMPTIED the Pittsburgh stadium. by the 3rd Quarter. ! Forget the "team" loss crap, this was a FAIL BEN, with a FAIL Offense, big time.
If that doesn't say what?, I dunno.

Ok, now we have the Cowboys, comon' pick it up already.
Kanata-Steeler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2012, 09:34 AM   #86
steelfury02
Wing Kong Exchange - CEO
Supporter

Alright. That's it then. I'm getting so sick and tired of hearing about the Patriots, the Texans, the Broncos. Who do you play for? WHAT TEAM ARE YOU ON!? That's right. You are the Pittsburgh Steelers. They say the Patriots are the best - well, I say different. You better come together as a team, RIGHT NOW, and figure this thing out.

Look into my eyes
SF Haters
Old 12-11-2012, 09:35 AM   #87
GoFor7
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kanata-Steeler View Post
Why can't our "Offense", and YES, you especially, BEN, NOT be the pathetic useless bums that they have been this last Sunday.
We would have been much better off playing Charlie Batch ! -remeber him?! -that old fish that beat the RATBIRDS', becuase well, Ben couldn't ?!
Geezus, our "O" single-handedly EMPTIED the Pittsburgh stadium. by the 3rd Quarter. ! Forget the "team" loss crap, this was a FAIL BEN, with a FAIL Offense, big time.
If that doesn't say what?, I dunno.

Ok, now we have the Cowboys, comon' pick it up already.
Yinzer nation when Haley was hired: Ben ain't gotta throw da ball! Yinz gotta run da ball an' play like da stillers n'at!

Yinzer nation when the Steelers lose: BEN WHY AIN'T YINZ DO MORE!? YINZ GOTTA LEAD DA STILLERS TA VICTORY! QUIT STANDIN' AROUND N'AT!
Old 12-11-2012, 09:37 AM   #88
Edman
Living Legend

Member Number: 3261
My Mood: Brooding

The Patriots lost at home to a Cardinals team who just got swamped 58-0 Sunday.

Sure you wanna be like them?
Edman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2012, 09:42 AM   #89
GoFor7
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Edman View Post
The Patriots lost at home to a Cardinals team who just got swamped 58-0 Sunday.

Sure you wanna be like them?
Perhaps good teams get better after 12 weeks of football have passed. Not a very good point you're making.
Old 12-11-2012, 09:44 AM   #90
steelfury02
Wing Kong Exchange - CEO
Supporter

Yea, and look at the Patriots now. They just destroyed the Texans. The Steelers looked like the class of the AFC going into Cincy and NY, pulling out mentally tough games. Now look at them. Past games mean squat.

Look into my eyes
SF Haters