Why register with the Steelers Fever Forums?
 • Intelligent and friendly discussions.
 • It's free and it's quick. Always.
 • Enter events in the forums calendar.
 • Very user friendly software.
 • Exclusive contests and giveaways.

Donate to Steelers Fever, Click here
 Our 2014 Goal: $450.00 - To Date: $450.00 (100.00%)
 Home | Forums | Editorials | Shop | Tickets | Downloads | Contact Pittsburgh Steelers Forum Feed Not Just Fans. Hardcore Fans.

Go Back   Steelers Fever Forums > Steelers Football > Pittsburgh Steelers

Steelers Fever Fan Shop

Doc's Sports Get FREE NFL Picks and College Football picks as well as Football Lines like live NFL Lines and updated NFL Power Rankings all at Doc's Sports Service.

Steelers

Old 12-11-2012, 10:32 AM   #21
madtowndrunkard
Team Captain

Member Number: 11280
Default Re: ONE thing we lack is...

When you lose 4 games the likes of the: Chargers, Raiders, Browns, and Titans.. I think the problem is deeper then just players not getting it done... IMO this is probably the worst coaching performance I've seen in Pittsburgh in my life time.... sure we've had worse seasons record wise...but we've never been this bad with so much potential. This is a playoff team that is losing to the worst in the NFL..and doing it on a regular basis.

How do you beat Baltimore, Washington, and Cincinati...but can barely get over the Cheifs..and lose to 4 of the worst teams in the league? If you told me that we'd have 4 losses to these teams when the season started...I'd tell you our record must be near the league bottom. The fact that we have beat decent teams only proves my point... this teams leadership has failed miserable. This doesn't happen in pittsburgh...but it is this season.. Tomlin shoulders 90% of the blame for this season. He should get one more year to right the ship...if he doesn't...find a coach who can. We don't need a HOF coach... all we need is someone who doesn't lose games for us.

This team lacks leadership.
madtowndrunkard is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to madtowndrunkard For This Useful Post:
ZoneBlitzer (12-11-2012)
Old 12-11-2012, 10:37 AM   #22
TRH
Living Legend

Member Number: 17206

Quote:
Originally Posted by madtowndrunkard View Post
When you lose 4 games the likes of the: Chargers, Raiders, Browns, and Titans.. I think the problem is deeper then just players not getting it done... IMO this is probably the worst coaching performance I've seen in Pittsburgh in my life time.... sure we've had worse seasons record wise...but we've never been this bad with so much potential. This is a playoff team that is losing to the worst in the NFL..and doing it on a regular basis.

How do you beat Baltimore, Washington, and Cincinati...but can barely get over the Cheifs..and lose to 4 of the worst teams in the league? If you told me that we'd have 4 losses to these teams when the season started...I'd tell you our record must be near the league bottom. The fact that we have beat decent teams only proves my point... this teams leadership has failed miserable. This doesn't happen in pittsburgh...but it is this season.. Tomlin shoulders 90% of the blame for this season. He should get one more year to right the ship...if he doesn't...find a coach who can. We don't need a HOF coach... all we need is someone who doesn't lose games for us.

This team lacks leadership.

Its hard to argue.....I like Tomlin and lets face it : he's going to be here for a LOOOOOOONG time.
The issue i see is that they come out on the field on Sundays and look at them. Even in pre-game warmups, they look slow, non-chalant, kinda just hanging around.....if you look closely, it wouldnt' surprise me to see a few "yawns" as if they just got out of bed.
In contrast i've taken notice of the other side (even the Browns for gods sakes) in many games. And again, even in the pre-games. Chest-bumpin', yelling, high-fiving, fist-pumpin. Is there a reason we're not seeing that on THIS side?? Look no further than the Patriots last night................
TRH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2012, 10:37 AM   #23
madtowndrunkard
Team Captain

Member Number: 11280

Besides the inability to build a disciplined team, Tomlin also struggles with simple game decisions. I was ok with it during his first couple years.... but now there's no excuse. Not going for a 2 point conversion is probably a meaningless mistake...but it's still a simple mistake. Going for it on 4 down at mid field when the game was still relatively close is just stupid... and how many 4th down attempts has Tomlin failed at? How many ill advised moves like that does it take to learn your lesson?

The coaches job is to put the team in position to win. When exactly do you think we were in a position to take over that game? We weren't even ready when the game started.
madtowndrunkard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2012, 11:04 AM   #24
plenewken
Assistant Coach

Member Number: 3447

We are lacking a lot of things, starting with leadership, on the field and off the field.

Have you ever seem Tomlin go ballistic at his players on the sideline? Have you ever seem him grab one guy and blast him during the game? He has no reaction.
Look no further why we don't seem to be motivated. He doesn't seem to be either. I can understand that from Lebau who's 75yo but not from Tomlin. We don't need an intellectual of the game, we need a LEADER, kicking @ss when it's deserved, putting fire under the guys' @ss.

Also, who's leader amongst players? Ben? Who else? I don't think we have found a replacement for Farrior, Ward just to name a few.

Next, what else are we lacking? Playmakers, both on offense and defense.

If we were making plays on offense, we wouldn't be ranked 21st in total points scored, 21st in points per game, we wouldn't be ranked 18th in totalyards and we wouldn't be 16th and LAST in the AFC in 1st downs. That's even worse if you consider that based on last year's result, we don't have the strongest schedule Baltimore does.

If we were making plays on D, we wouldn't be ranked 22nd in sacks, 29th in INT, we wouldn't be ranked 14th in the AFC in differential takeaway vs giveaway with -13. (12 vs 25)
Compare that with New England who is 1st in the AFC with +24

We are just a mediocre team all around, no ifs, ands or buts.

Last edited by plenewken; 12-11-2012 at 11:27 AM.
plenewken is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to plenewken For This Useful Post:
ZoneBlitzer (12-11-2012)
Old 12-11-2012, 11:10 AM   #25
Steel_Bus_24
Team Owner

Member Number: 2886
Thanked 1,265 Times in 620 Posts

Yep some Alpha Dogs to knock some asses back in line would help

[YOUTUBE]gpOG9K02F_g[/YOUTUBE]

Also Known as SteelerSpartan
Steel_Bus_24 is online now   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Steel_Bus_24 For This Useful Post:
Corey120120 (12-12-2012), Lady Steel (12-12-2012)
Old 12-11-2012, 12:13 PM   #26
Stairway to 7
Bench Warmer

Member Number: 24340

I think a mediocre team is accurate, that's what we are, sorry but kneeling down and blowing the Chargers at home with your QB back, on the back of a massive performance just says 'mediocre' to me.

Wow just everything set up to roll 4-0 into the post-season and the Steelers lay a huge egg, they were asleep from the get go.

I have let Tomin off far too easily in the past, I said after the Cleveland debacle I had had enough. His teams are poorly prepared, lack discipline, and just failt to show up far too often, his in-game management is laughable, that mumbled BS he gave as an excuse for not being able to add up said it all. Simms was laughing at him, that was unforgivable. The guy is an idiot.

NO-ONE KNOWS WHAT THIS GUY BRINGS - NO-ONE.

That's a problem.
Stairway to 7 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Stairway to 7 For This Useful Post:
plenewken (12-11-2012), ZoneBlitzer (12-11-2012)
Old 12-11-2012, 12:52 PM   #27
Vis
In Hoc
Supporter

Member Number: 5117
Thanked 6,248 Times in 2,963 Posts
My Mood: Sick

Health....

All generalizations are dangerous.
Vis is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2012, 01:43 PM   #28
bornaSteelersfan
Starter
Supporter

ONE thing we lack is DISCIPLINE! Penalties, fumbles, dropped passes, interceptions...it is all discipline. If we can't get the fundamentals right, we won't go far.
Old 12-11-2012, 01:49 PM   #29
FanSince72
Team Owner

Member Number: 17502
Thanked 2,044 Times in 879 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by desertsteel View Post
What do you think the one thing we lack is?

For me, I'd say PLAYMAKERS. We have Ben, and sometimes AB, but on D... zilch. We have some solid play, like Clark and Timmons, but nothing like when Harrison and Troy were at their peak. I mean, if you think Troy is the same Troy for the past couple years, just youtube his highlights and watch the crazy game-changing plays he made in the past. That's all gone. We need playmakers to change the momentum of games IMO.
Killer instinct.

We don't have it.

We let teams hang around and more often than not it either bites us in the ass and we lose or at best we end up in some late-game struggle to cling to a 3-point lead.

Did you watch the Pats last night?

THAT is how we should be playing -- foot on the gas and keep pounding and scoring until the refs tell us the game is over - PERIOD!
I've had it with "tactical" bullshit.
We have the QB and the receivers to put 50 points on the board and yet we struggle week in and week out and ESPECIALLY against shitty teams.

We should have STEAMROLLED San Diego and instead they steamrolled us!

WTF is up with THAT?!
Old 12-11-2012, 02:25 PM   #30
desertsteel
Assistant Coach

Member Number: 915

Quote:
Originally Posted by plenewken View Post
We are lacking a lot of things, starting with leadership, on the field and off the field.

Have you ever seem Tomlin go ballistic at his players on the sideline? Have you ever seem him grab one guy and blast him during the game? He has no reaction.
Look no further why we don't seem to be motivated. He doesn't seem to be either. I can understand that from Lebau who's 75yo but not from Tomlin. We don't need an intellectual of the game, we need a LEADER, kicking @ss when it's deserved, putting fire under the guys' @ss.
That sounds great, but honestly I watch a lot of NFL games and I don't see too many coaches doing what you describe.
desertsteel is online now   Reply With Quote