Why register with the Steelers Fever Forums?
 • Intelligent and friendly discussions.
 • It's free and it's quick. Always.
 • Enter events in the forums calendar.
 • Very user friendly software.
 • Exclusive contests and giveaways.

Donate to Steelers Fever, Click here
 Our 2014 Goal: $450.00 - To Date: $450.00 (100.00%)
 Home | Forums | Editorials | Shop | Tickets | Downloads | Contact Pittsburgh Steelers Forum Feed Not Just Fans. Hardcore Fans.

Go Back   Steelers Fever Forums > Steelers Football > Pittsburgh Steelers

Steelers Fever Fan Shop

Doc's Sports Get FREE NFL Picks and College Football picks as well as Football Lines like live NFL Lines and updated NFL Power Rankings all at Doc's Sports Service.

Steelers

Old 12-11-2012, 08:54 PM   #61
maddog78
Assistant Coach

Member Number: 24321
Default Re: Mendenhall suspended

Quote:
Originally Posted by tony hipchest View Post
he is a fumble or broken bone waiting to happen.

thats not saying much in regards to our other backs (or team) but atleast the other players arent a few biscuits shy of 170 lbs and able to protect themselves somewhat.
He's not missed a game, has he? He's returning kicks and not getting blown up, too. Perfect example - that wheel route they tried in Baltimore.

To Dwyer, of all people. Even if uncovered, I doubt that Bettis Lite would have come down with it.

Free Chris Rainey.
maddog78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2012, 08:57 PM   #62
jiminpa
Team Captain

Member Number: 20511

Quote:
Originally Posted by tony hipchest View Post
he is a fumble or broken bone waiting to happen.

thats not saying much in regards to our other backs (or team) but atleast the other players arent a few biscuits shy of 170 lbs and able to protect themselves somewhat.
I think so too.
jiminpa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2012, 08:59 PM   #63
Riddle_Of_Steel
Head Coach

Member Number: 13727

Quote:
Originally Posted by maddog78 View Post
He's not missed a game, has he? He's returning kicks and not getting blown up, too. Perfect example - that wheel route they tried in Baltimore.

Free Chris Rainey.
Gotta agree with Tony on this one. Everytime I see Rainye get hit, I flinch, thinking it will be a career ender. Some RBs know how to shield their bodies when gettig tackled-- Rainey just looks to land in a heap when he gets tackled.

I think the jury is still out on Rainey. He has had a few chances, but not really produced much.
Old 12-11-2012, 09:01 PM   #64
Darkstorm05
Team Captain

Member Number: 19897

Quote:
Originally Posted by maddog78 View Post

To Dwyer, of all people. Even if uncovered, I doubt that Bettis Lite would have come down with it.

Free Chris Rainey.
You are aware he's been scraped off the field in two games with injuries this year, right? The guys only got 20 carries and he's already been squashed like a bug twice. Cracked ribs the first time, and that hit when he fumbled it looked like he might be dead.
Darkstorm05 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2012, 09:04 PM   #65
jiminpa
Team Captain

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darkstorm05 View Post
You are aware he's been scraped off the field in two games with injuries this year, right? The guys only got 20 carries and he's already been squashed like a bug twice. Cracked ribs the first time, and that hit when he fumbled it looked like he might be dead.
Exactly, I'm a Steelers fan, but it's not worth getting a guy with that much heart literally broken in half over.

Let him return kicks where he can run for the sidelines and see what's coming at him.
Old 12-11-2012, 09:15 PM   #66
Terminator
Head Coach

Member Number: 24492
Thanked 1,554 Times in 630 Posts

I think the bigger question is why does it seem more and more like Tomlin doesn't have complete control of this team?

Respect?
Terminator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2012, 09:23 PM   #67
steelfury02
Wing Kong Exchange - CEO
Supporter

Member Number: 6076
Thanked 5,023 Times in 2,383 Posts
My Mood: Fine

Quote:
Originally Posted by Terminator View Post
I think the bigger question is why does it seem more and more like Tomlin doesn't have complete control of this team?

Respect?
trust me - and I'm not sure how far back you can remember - there were plenty of Cowher squads where the defense got absolutely sick and tired of carrying the offense, and made it be known, loud and clear to Cowher, and in front of the world to the media. I remember plenty of shit fits over Neil O' Donnel and Kordell Stewart and wondering what exactly the offense was going to do to carry their weight.

This team has a bunch of talkers but no walkers IMO that haven't really achieved jack shit. The ones that have, seem satisfied with just being a Steeler. 4 really, really bad losses to swallow. Each of the losses to the "lesser team" was worse than the last one. Again, the Keisel quotes are really, really alarming. I believe that not having a running game, Mendy on his way out, as well as Wallace halfway out the door, is messing with the chemistry. It almost seems like some of them have accepted that its just too much change that's happend, and going to take place to even bother trying to come together.
steelfury02 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2012, 09:31 PM   #68
jiminpa
Team Captain

Quote:
Originally Posted by Terminator View Post

Respect?
At this point what's to respect? Four running backs and a receiver fumbled, each less times than BB in an earlier game. The best of the four gets to watch the other three prove why none of them beat him out no matter how hobbled he was and know that there was still no way he would ever see the field as a Steeler again. Tomlin wanted to send a message and he succeeded, but it wasn't the message he intended. Maybe it's time to "unleash Hell," again. Or maybe it's time for the Rooney's to explain to Tomlin what happens to an employee who repeatedly refuses to do what the employer says. Starting a personality conflict with your only qualified running back is not the way to get better at running the football. Mendy looks like a fumble waiting to happen, but his numbers don't reflect it, and considering how many times in his career he was supposed to carry the ball into an unblocked hole, it should be the other way.
Old 12-11-2012, 09:45 PM   #69
austinfrench76
Head Coach

Member Number: 3516

Mendenhall is a dummy. In more ways than one. He thinks his tweets show he is a "deep thinker" when in reality they show ignorance. He acts and speaks like he is better than everyone else and the reality is he is a RB in teh NFL. That's all. He seems to forget that and think that people give a shit about hwat he thinks or feels. I'm sorry but when you make that much money you are paid to do WHATEVER THE HELL the team tells you to as mong as it's not illegal. Even then, for that kind of mney, I probably would! No disrespect to him as a human being but this is just another instance that he shows ignorance not intelligence.
austinfrench76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2012, 09:51 PM   #70
steelfury02
Wing Kong Exchange - CEO
Supporter

Member Number: 6076
Thanked 5,023 Times in 2,383 Posts
My Mood: Fine

Quote:
Originally Posted by austinfrench76 View Post
Mendenhall is a dummy. In more ways than one. He thinks his tweets show he is a "deep thinker" when in reality they show ignorance. He acts and speaks like he is better than everyone else and the reality is he is a RB in teh NFL. That's all. He seems to forget that and think that people give a shit about hwat he thinks or feels. I'm sorry but when you make that much money you are paid to do WHATEVER THE HELL the team tells you to as mong as it's not illegal. Even then, for that kind of mney, I probably would! No disrespect to him as a human being but this is just another instance that he shows ignorance not intelligence.
it'll be our luck, Coach Father Flanagan (Arians) will have him picked up, him and Mendy will have makeup sex, Mendy will have a 1000 yard season, and then the Arians supporters will simply point to our O-line as being the problem, completely forgetting about the number of times we can all count on one hand where Mendy was given the ball in open space. Then, we'll hear from Bruce: "See, I wasn't allowed to do this in Pitts because Rooney insisted we run it up the middle. It isn't possibly my fault - gotta be someone else's. See, when I'm in my first season, I have some new toys to play with and I gotta take advantage of them before the same plays get stale and before I have to 'retire.'"
steelfury02 is offline   Reply With Quote