Why register with the Steelers Fever Forums?
 • Intelligent and friendly discussions.
 • It's free and it's quick. Always.
 • Enter events in the forums calendar.
 • Very user friendly software.
 • Exclusive contests and giveaways.

 Donate to Steelers Fever, Click here
 Our 2014 Goal: $450.00 - To Date: $450.00 (100.00%)
 Home | Forums | Editorials | Shop | Tickets | Downloads | Contact Pittsburgh Steelers Forum Feed Not Just Fans. Hardcore Fans.

Go Back   Steelers Fever Forums > Steelers Football > Pittsburgh Steelers


Steelers Fever Fan Shop

Doc's Sports Get FREE NFL Picks and College Football picks as well as Football Lines like live NFL Lines and updated NFL Power Rankings all at Doc's Sports Service.

Steelers Bucs

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 12-11-2012, 05:44 PM   #1
67 calsteel
Bench Warmer
 

Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: california
Posts: 153
Gender: Male
Member Number: 21936
Thanks: 3
Thanked 51 Times in 34 Posts
Default preparing to start

espn is reporting that decastro is preparing to start maybe sunday.tomlin and the staff feel that he is ready to take the next step.if practice goes well the line could look like this Starks,Foster,pouncey,dd and beachum.
67 calsteel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2012, 05:47 PM   #2
steeltheone
Living Legend
Supporter
 
steeltheone's Avatar
 

Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Harrisburg Pa.
Posts: 3,448
Gender: Male
Member Number: 6351
Thanks: 259
Thanked 364 Times in 220 Posts
Default Re: preparing to start

Quote:
Originally Posted by 67 calsteel View Post
espn is reporting that decastro is preparing to start maybe sunday.tomlin and the staff feel that he is ready to take the next step.if practice goes well the line could look like this Starks,Foster,pouncey,dd and beachum.
It's a shame they have to use him, id feel better if he was brought along slow after his injury.
__________________
Perfection is not attainable, but if we chase perfection we can catch excellence." - Vince Lombardi
steeltheone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2012, 05:53 PM   #3
67 calsteel
Bench Warmer
 

Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: california
Posts: 153
Gender: Male
Member Number: 21936
Thanks: 3
Thanked 51 Times in 34 Posts
Default Re: preparing to start

IF we were smart (i see my problem) we would have him on a snap count.See how he is doing during the game.
67 calsteel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2012, 05:56 PM   #4
pete74
Super Moderator
Supporter
 
pete74's Avatar
 

Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: pittsburgh
Posts: 3,282
Member Number: 15921
Thanks: 94
Thanked 429 Times in 226 Posts
Default Re: preparing to start

He has practiced for a while and is ready to play. Its a good thing
__________________
pete74 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2012, 05:58 PM   #5
SteelCity4Life
Team Captain
 
SteelCity4Life's Avatar
 

Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Nelsonville, OH
Posts: 711
Gender: Male
Member Number: 23950
Thanks: 860
Thanked 170 Times in 109 Posts
Default Re: preparing to start

He was activated what, 2 weeks ago? Sounds like he's ready, and with Colon gone we may need him. I say for sure give him a chance after seeing what happens this week.
__________________
"The Standard is The Standard"

Win, loss, or tie; Steeler faithful till I die!
SteelCity4Life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2012, 06:01 PM   #6
FanSince72
Team President
 
FanSince72's Avatar
 

Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: New York
Posts: 2,422
Member Number: 17502
Thanks: 391
Thanked 1,307 Times in 583 Posts
Default Re: preparing to start

Quote:
Originally Posted by steeltheone View Post
It's a shame they have to use him, id feel better if he was brought along slow after his injury.
Which is exactly what should have been done with Ben as well and probably had much to do with why we lost to San Diego.
__________________
http://i1297.photobucket.com/albums/ag37/JPsuff/comment2a.jpg
FanSince72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2012, 06:06 PM   #7
SteelCity4Life
Team Captain
 
SteelCity4Life's Avatar
 

Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Nelsonville, OH
Posts: 711
Gender: Male
Member Number: 23950
Thanks: 860
Thanked 170 Times in 109 Posts
Default Re: preparing to start

Quote:
Originally Posted by FanSince72 View Post
Which is exactly what should have been done with Ben as well and probably had much to do with why we lost to San Diego.
Losing to San Diego was almost squarely on the defense for not creating any pressure, leaving guys wide open, and ultimately allowing them to score.

Yes, Ben WAS rusty, but didn't you notice him hitting his stride towards the end? If the defense would have prevented the scoring, maybe we'd all be here celebrating one for the W category??
__________________
"The Standard is The Standard"

Win, loss, or tie; Steeler faithful till I die!
SteelCity4Life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2012, 06:13 PM   #8
Ricco Suavez
Head Coach
 

Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: Mississippi
Posts: 1,872
Member Number: 7718
Thanks: 96
Thanked 766 Times in 341 Posts
Default Re: preparing to start

Players do you no good on the bench. If cleared by Doctors and if the Coaches feel he can help then you play him. Does he get any better sitting out, how would you know? These guys play through injuries all year long, and at this time DeCastro is one of the healthiest OL men we have.
Ricco Suavez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2012, 06:25 PM   #9
VaDave
Team President
 

Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: Richmond, Va
Posts: 2,431
Gender: Male
Member Number: 479
Thanks: 829
Thanked 1,711 Times in 962 Posts
Default Re: preparing to start

I'm pretty excited to see this kid in action. The problem is, we brought him in to pull and trap, which means Beachum has to either control the gap that DeCastro vacates, or really set the edge to provide the gap. I hope he's up to the task.

RE: Defense in the San Diego game

It's pretty obvious the Charger game plan was a steady diet of short passes, which negates a strong pass rush. Where the breakdown was, wasn't so much the front 7, it was the play of the secondary. No Ike, a diminished
Troy, Allen and Lewis playing with Hip flexors, and Brown playing with his head up his butt. Clark had to leave the game too.

RE: The O

When your starting LG goes down forcing your center to move to LG, and brining in a scrubeenie to play center, and you are already playing your 3rd best RT......... Add to that, your "best" wideout is trying to play his way out of town, your second best has a bum wheel, and your third best has a bum shoulder, your forth best is recovering from fractured ribs, your 5th best was didn't clear waivers on a roster move, our 6th best was picked of the practice squad, so we are now playing the tth in Burress who hasn't played in how many years???

Still, with all this going on, the vast majority of Steeler Nation thinks we still should have beat the Chargers 55-0. Truely amazing.
VaDave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2012, 06:31 PM   #10
SteelCity4Life
Team Captain
 
SteelCity4Life's Avatar
 

Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Nelsonville, OH
Posts: 711
Gender: Male
Member Number: 23950
Thanks: 860
Thanked 170 Times in 109 Posts
Default Re: preparing to start

Quote:
Originally Posted by VaDave View Post
I'm pretty excited to see this kid in action. The problem is, we brought him in to pull and trap, which means Beachum has to either control the gap that DeCastro vacates, or really set the edge to provide the gap. I hope he's up to the task.

RE: Defense in the San Diego game

It's pretty obvious the Charger game plan was a steady diet of short passes, which negates a strong pass rush. Where the breakdown was, wasn't so much the front 7, it was the play of the secondary. No Ike, a diminished
Troy, Allen and Lewis playing with Hip flexors, and Brown playing with his head up his butt. Clark had to leave the game too.

RE: The O

When your starting LG goes down forcing your center to move to LG, and brining in a scrubeenie to play center, and you are already playing your 3rd best RT......... Add to that, your "best" wideout is trying to play his way out of town, your second best has a bum wheel, and your third best has a bum shoulder, your forth best is recovering from fractured ribs, your 5th best was didn't clear waivers on a roster move, our 6th best was picked of the practice squad, so we are now playing the tth in Burress who hasn't played in how many years???

Still, with all this going on, the vast majority of Steeler Nation thinks we still should have beat the Chargers 55-0. Truely amazing.
I'm certainly not saying we should have went 55-0. Ben JUST got back. Besides, we can't even score 30 with this lackluster offense.

But we SHOULD HAVE WON. Wining a HUGE game against your division rival with a 3rd string QB and then blowing it at your home field was the most pathetic and idiotic thing ever. I blame the coaches for not preparing the players both physically and mentally.

Now we're one loss from being done for the season. Tomlin's "I/we take responsibility" is a load of crap. If you took responsibility, you wouldn't have 8 turnovers against the Cleveland Browns of all people, and you wouldn't have lost To Oakland, Tennessee, etc.

It's painful being a fan right now.
__________________
"The Standard is The Standard"

Win, loss, or tie; Steeler faithful till I die!
SteelCity4Life is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 01:02 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Shoutbox provided by vBShout v6.2.1 (Lite) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2014 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.
User Alert System provided by Advanced User Tagging v3.0.8 (Lite) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2014 DragonByte Technologies Ltd. Runs best on HiVelocity Hosting.
Navbar with Avatar by Motorradforum
no new posts